Request for quotable resources pertaining to rape statistics

Started by Alpha Male, Mar 21, 2005, 04:17 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Alpha Male

Had a wonderful weekend phone chat replete with slurs of being a male chauvanist.

But other than that Mom is doing fine.

The debate was full of mass media induced feminist war cries from the book of dogma. Naturally she was unable to cite a single source beyond "Everybody has known that forever." (Must be spoken in your best you-are-a-moron tone of voice.)

I am heading over the mountains for Easter. I intend to be ready for the next snide comment.

It was presented that the average age of a rape victim is 12 years old. Does anybody know where I can obtain this information from a credible source?

Next bit of information I need is a reliable source concerning the percentage of rape allegations that are false.

I appreciate the help.
ies come in three types: Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics

Alpha Male

I found Dan Lynch's previous post from the Glen Sacks site. I'm committing it to memory. Do you guys know of any other threads or sites?
ies come in three types: Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics

fezzik

Rape statistics almost uniformly carry the assumption that only male-on-female-rape outside of prison counts. It's often useful to point out the number of men in prison, and ask whoever gives you the first statistic if it balances.

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/abstract/pjim02.htm

The latest numbers were from mid-year 2002, when 665,000 Americans were in prison (discounting the 72,000 held outside of prisons), or 113 out of every 100,000 females and 1309 out of every 100,000 males. Throw in the state prisons and that number goes to 96,000 women and 1,330,000 men.

When you go somewhere like here:

http://www.paralumun.com/issuesrapestats.htm

The FBI estimates that 72 of every 100,000 females in the United States wereraped last year. (Federal Bureau of Investigation, Uniform Crime Statistics, 1996.)

How many men in prison get raped each year? How about a conservative estimate of 1 in 10. That's 133,000 rapes, or 130 per 100,000 men, in prison or out. That's just shy of double the FBI rate of raped women, and I wouldn't be surprised to find out that rate of rape in prison is a lot higher than 1 in 10, especially if you expand rape to include the wide array of sexual assaults that get hidden under that umbrella-term.
Are you a man?', that's what she asked, as if I were wearing a man mask. -- Sean Altman

Go Up