Larry Summers is NOW completely Whipped

Started by Lee R., Apr 08, 2005, 05:50 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Lee R.

"One audience member, Sheila Tobias, said Summers struck her as "chastened, humbled, cautious and eager to please."

In other words, he is now a totally pussy-whipped beaten dog, emasculated and toeing the Feminist Party Line.

Pathetic.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7434945/

Revisiting the debate on women in science
Harvard president carefully returns to hot subject

Reuters
Updated: 5:32 p.m. ET April 8, 2005

Harvard University President Lawrence Summers carefully waded back into the debate over women in science on Thursday, three months after his remarks on the topic sparked outrage among some faculty.

Sounding chastened and speaking slowly and cautiously, the former treasury secretary addressed the opening of a Harvard-sponsored symposium on the advancement of women in science.

Summers poked fun at himself at one point, referring to the uproar that arose when he asked whether the intrinsic differences between the sexes might help explain why so there are so few women professors in the sciences.

"I suppose I've done my part over these last several months to increase interest in these topics," Summers said amid chuckles from the mostly female audience.

"I wish that interest in these topics had been increased in a somewhat different fashion," he added. "But I believe that with the focus that now exists ... we have an opportunity to do some things that are truly important."

Vote of no-confidence
There were scattered calls for Summers' resignation after reports of his comments, and last month he lost an extraordinary but nonbinding vote of confidence by Harvard's undergraduate faculty -- several of whom said they were more upset with his overall leadership style than his remarks.

Summers has refused to step down and has pledged to change his tone, listen better to the Harvard community and do more to draw women to science and engineering.

On Thursday, he said it was crucial for both his university and for the United States to expand the search for scientific talent as widely as possible.

Lesson learned
He also said he had learned all too well that what happens at Harvard has enormous resonance beyond the Ivy League.

"This has, as you can imagine, been a period of substantial and intense immersion in education for me," he said.

One audience member, Sheila Tobias, said Summers struck her as "chastened, humbled, cautious and eager to please."

Tobias, who was present when Summers delivered his controversial remarks in January, said she came away from Thursday's speech with a favorable impression, particularly since Summers appeared to acknowledge the role bias plays in deciding which people go on to do certain jobs.

© Reuters 2005. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content, including by caching, framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters and the Reuters sphere logo are registered trademarks and trademarks of the Reuters group of companies around the world.
© 2005 MSNBC.com

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7434945/

Roy

Education is a weapon, whose effect depends on who holds it in his hands and at whom it is aimed.

(Joseph Stalin)

In case you forgot ... the dictator of the USSR in its glory days, who used education as a main tool for "disappearing" 30-million of the "unenlightened" .... and converting the other 90 million into mere sheep.

Feminists have always appreciated his rather direct methods.
It's a terrible thing ... living in fear." (Roy - hunted replicant. "Blade Runner.")

angelssk7

For Larry himself... I think he still considers his Harvard presidency, and all the prestige that goes along with it, as something to lose. And as long as he is afraid of losing his job, his freedom to speak is going to be limited (<-- how ironic that such a phrase is used in the US).

But when it comes to the inherent differences question itself... I attend a prestigious engineering college myself, and while there is a record 2 guys to one girl ratio, we got to that point only because the average SAT score of incoming girls is about 150 points lower than the average SAT score for incoming guys. In other words, they lower the standards to raise the ratio. And on top of that you have to add the womens' programs, womens' scholarships, etc. that we don't have.

But the kicker is... once they get here, the vast majority of incoming women do not go into the engineering programs that the institute was designed around. Instead, they picked Management and International Affairs more than science or engineering fields... For a while it perplexed me, but it makes sense; why work hard and lose time for sleep and for fun when you can just meet a guy whose on his way to being an engineer and just marry him? Most guys here are desperate enough to oblige, and so they will find themselves paying through the nose for a wife that, well, doesn't do much of anything.

So when it comes to inherent differences, the fact that women are still doing this (most of the time) despite all of the equality BS is more than enough evidence to prove the existance of differences to me.

Roy

angelssk7 --

Are you suggesting that women majoring in technical fields are not actually interested in the work and demanding regime that's required to succeed in the discipline?

Are you suggesting that they are merely a sophisticated form of predators, grazing for their conquest among men who do the actual work?

That perhaps, they are indeed "engineering" their future bank by playing out the facade of being engineers?

Just to capture a real engineer in a marriage contract?

Tell us it's not so....
It's a terrible thing ... living in fear." (Roy - hunted replicant. "Blade Runner.")

LSBeene

Regarding Larry Sommers I'm reminded of a line from Air Force One (Harrison Ford): "Give a mouse a cookie, and he'll be back for a glass of milk".

Never appease feminists.  They're no different than blackmailers, extortionists, or kidnappers ... they'll just keep draining your dry and care not a whit.

Steven
'Watch our backs at home, we'll guard the wall over here. You can sleep safe tonight, we'll guard the door."

Isaiah 6:8
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

angelssk7

Quote from: "Roy"
angelssk7 --

Are you suggesting that women majoring in technical fields are not actually interested in the work and demanding regime that's required to succeed in the discipline?

Are you suggesting that they are merely a sophisticated form of predators, grazing for their conquest among men who do the actual work?

That perhaps, they are indeed "engineering" their future bank by playing out the facade of being engineers?

Just to capture a real engineer in a marriage contract?

Tell us it's not so....

To be honest, I am a young man and the Men's Movement is a fairly new concept... so this discovery was surprising for me, but your sarcasm reveals this concept isn't new to you. Anyway, most women here don't even sign up for engineering degrees, they go for cushy ones and snag a gullible engineer in one way or another, usually by using one of the campus ministries as a dating service. There's another thing, the few active Christians I know have reprted that all the big church groups on campus, the Baptist Student Union and Campus Crusade in particular, are simply places where girls go to meet guys... and the "guys" in these ministries are whipped tot he point that they won't know anything else to say but "yes ma'am" for the rest of their lives.

In fact, I'll share a story from the one time I went to a Campus Crusade meeting. Other than the boring "contemporary" worship, the message happened to be about relationships, since it was Valentine's Day that week. AFter the eros/phileo/agape shpiel, the minister told the story of how he met his wife... Basically he kept going on and on about how bad he was and about how amazing and righteous she was, and then the marraige verses:

"Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord."

He said that the verse doesn't really mean like it reads... feminist BS.

"Husbands, love your wives, like Christ loved the church."

And then he lays it in heavy on us. I haven't been involved in that group since, I simply could not believe how much anti-male sentiment this guy could preach. I'm sure there are others here who have experienced simlar things, but in any case, I have got to find a way to speak out about this... it's worthless if the worst I do in response to this guy is write about him in this forum.

Thanks y'all for letting me let off steam on that one. If there are any fathers out there who have Christian children going into college, do not let them sign up in a big ministry like Campus Crusade, Navigators, or any group with an on-campus building. Your child will have to look for a small but active group, trust me, your kid will be much better off. I've learned this the hard way after being involved in 4 ministries over 2 years, only one of which being worth taking part of.
-------------------------------------------------
And to be relevant to the post again, I believe March was Women's awareness month, we were peppered with the usual domestic violence BS. Reminds me of when this was going on last year, my health class brought in a DV speaker: an ultra-whipped male. The talk lasted 10 minutes, after which we spent 40 demanding clear definitions of rape and domestic abuse, and demanding where he got his numbers from, and you guessed it; the numbers were "estimates" and there wasn't a clear definition of anything. No doubt that the same is afoot with Larry Summers... Feminists are simply trying to justify their existance with increasingly empty cries of "Sexism!" On the upside there are Harvard Students who support Larry Summers. You can find them at:

http://hcs.harvard.edu/~gop/weekly/10-6.htm

http://www.studentsforlarry.org/

Roy

angelssk7 --

Please post more of your experiences on this board!

It is very important that Christian men express their voices here.

I am not a Christian. So I am not "baiting" you.

( In my faith, there is no bait, and no fish to be caught...)

I believe your stories are well worth telling.

Tell them.

angelssk7

Quote from: "Roy"
angelssk7 --

Please post more of your experiences on this board!

It is very important that Christian men express their voices here.

I am not a Christian. So I am not "baiting" you.

Not sure what you meant by the last line... but anyway, I am a Christian, and I have seen a number of things intertwine with Christianity and the Men's movement... particularly in the fact that the Church (meaning all believers, not a reference to a denomination) has been largely hijacked by all sorts of worthless ideas, feminism being one in particular. As a result no one will preach what the Bible says for fear of controversy, so we focus on peace and love and grace... basically it's a repeating of "get happy and give money" over and over, along with a few lines form whatever political movement is holding sway at the moment. But still, there are a few active men that I know... and who read the Bible and teach what they learn without fear of controversy. And to be honest, one of those men got himself kicked out of a church for doing it, and I was persuaded to either leave a campus ministry or submit to what they taught. And just yesterday a good friend of mine informed me that his mother demanded that he quit talking to the same man who is teaching me, simply because he started asking questions.

While that's my experience with ministry, I think a lot of the MRAs who post on this site are facing similar battles. And if what little experience I have helps... people hate the system we're in right now... and what we have to do is simply inform them that there is another way. We don't have to bend over and take whatever our leaders say we should, and we don't have to spend our lives pleasing women; there is a better mindset, and a better way... you could almost call it a Men's Movement gospel, because it is indeed good news!

Russ2d

Larry Summers is a disgrace. He was faced with some of the most obvious nonsensical rantings ever, and even had a large portion of the press on his side, but instead of fighting back like a man, the worm chose to bend over and grovel. He had a great opportunity to further expose the pathological silliness that controls our Universities. Now, he is just another part of the problem.

I hope they railroad him out of there- he deserves no better, the pandering pussy.

Alpha Male

Hi Angelssk7,
I am a Christian.
I look forward to kicking around some ideas with you.  

As you noticed, there are a lot of churches/groups that have watered down the message to be more politically correct. My advice would be to challenge them. Point it out in black and white and ask "Is this true or isn't it?" I personally try to avoid a pastor or group that can't lay it out regardless of how it might offend the congregation. That failure has allowed for a lot of undesirable things to creep into the church. Where they were once sanctuaries they have now become battlefields themselves. Apostasy blossoms and more leave and form their own home fellowships. As they leave their are less believers to hold the front and the apostasy explodes.
ies come in three types: Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics

no2fembots

LSBeene is right: never do a Neville!  To appease evil is to condone evil.

Larry could have trumped the sacred academic cows using science, logic and his apparent eloquence.  

But he capitulated.  He said, "I don't want to be a man anymore... will some kind female PLEASE relieve me of my testicles?"

Vile and despicable.  :vomit3:
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."  - Winston Churchill

"Get Angry...Get Loud... GET UP off your KNEES!"

LSBeene

It may have cost Sommers his job, but he should have taken this opportunity to tell it straight.

I mean, people like him already have it made and even if FIRED and somehow kept from the academic community for LIFE, he'd be set.

I mention that because it reminds me of when I falsely accused of rape.  The Vice President of Student Affairs KNEW I was innocent (the woman's story was way too contrived and contradictory) .. but if she had overruled the Hearing Board members it would have hurt her career.

That being said, allow me to say this.  What most infuriates me to this day about her actions is that is was HER JOB to protect me, my rights, and to find the truth and write it down.  To go further people in positions like hers, who take the wood paneled office, the large paycheck, and specifically go into the role of "judge/DA" have to be more interested in DOING their job than KEEPING their job.

If they didn't want it, or couldn't handle it, they should have changed jobs.

As a side note, 8 years after what happened, I tracked her down (via the internet).  I told her that the statute of limitations had run out, that my own legal recourse was practically non-existent, and that she needed to know how unjust what she did was.

I told her how it was her job to do the right thing.  How she DEMANDED that those who came before her, and those who were her instruments, that the accused should "do the right thing".  But in the moment when I needed her, she had "gone along with the crowd".  I told her I didn't hate her, but that she needed to know that she had, by tacit aquiescence, contributed to the railroading of an innocent man.

I used the analogy of me walking past a room and seeing/hearing a woman being raped, how that woman had cried out to me, but I considered my "win/loss" in social stature, her value as a human being, and how "it wasn't my problem" and walked on by.

I told her she was no different.  I then asked her how she could have done this.  I again reminded her that I had no reason to pursue this "false claim of innocence" as the statute of limitations had run out, and that I would never win in a civil suit.

Her reply?

Well she had started at a NEW college (same job I believe - from memory).

She had the college's legal counsel send me a letter how she had most likely done no wrong (standard lawyer hedging), how it was "inappropriate" for her to comment on it, and that he considered the matter closed and that any further correspondence should be through him (threat of saying I was "harrassing").

Yep, she sure took responsibility for her actions.  Just like she demanded that others do. (sarcasm anyone?)

And, know this, she knew from what had happened, that even the local FEMALE ADA had stuck up for ME because the charges were bullshit.

So, she had a lawyer E-mail me.  She hid behind a lawyer.  Which says a lot because under the system she administered: you could not have an attorney represent you in the hearing.

Appeasing feminst hardliners gets you NOTHING.  Exposing them and what they do WORKS.

Believe me, I've tried both.  The former gets you to be Larry Sommers, the latter may cost you, but it exposes the feminazi to those around her and is RECORDED so she can't continue doing it so blatantly.

No sympathy for Sommers - he rolled over on command and licked his empty ball sack.

But, hey, that's just me.

Steven
'Watch our backs at home, we'll guard the wall over here. You can sleep safe tonight, we'll guard the door."

Isaiah 6:8
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

no2fembots

BRAVO, LSBeene!  BRAVO!!!

You are Loud and Proud and NOT on your knees!

Regards,      :oh-yeah:
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."  - Winston Churchill

"Get Angry...Get Loud... GET UP off your KNEES!"

angelssk7

So, it appears that Larry sold out in the end. Well, I'm starting to see that there isn't much value in crying about it, so we'll just have to find another venue through which to work.

There are still plenty of individuals to go after. And I've no doubt that there are probably a few disgruntled workers in the academic departments and other areas that could give us the edges we need to make some progress... we simply need a few good sources and a few people crazy enough to get information out. For example, did you know that females entering Georgia Tech score 150 points lower on their SATs than entering males? Well, that one came from a friend who works on the school newspaper. What we have to do is find sources like my friend, and spread what they have to say far and wide. This is where the MRA is important... we have much less to lose and thus have less of an inhibition for spreading the truth.

And we need to do it soon... even if Larry gave up we need to at least take advantage of the controversy that's started...

Go Up