A Brotherhood

Started by richard ford, Apr 14, 2005, 12:47 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Roy

A.H.,

In the U.K., the MRA's have gained a lot of attention through F4J public protests.

What do you believe is holding our colonial (U.S.) men from taking the same strategy?

We have better mass media coverage, more cable channels, and the entire 'Net-sphere at our beck and call.

I heard that the F4J guys were building alliances with U.S. MRA's.

Any news or forecasts, Sir Harry?
It's a terrible thing ... living in fear." (Roy - hunted replicant. "Blade Runner.")

richard ford

Do something,

Do anything

Talk to someone

Call it a brotherhood or call it something else just do something

*$"!*^% :shock:  :evil: !!!!!!!

angelssk7

Quote from: "Roy"
A.H.,

In the U.K., the MRA's have gained a lot of attention through F4J public protests.

What do you believe is holding our colonial (U.S.) men from taking the same strategy?

We have better mass media coverage, more cable channels, and the entire 'Net-sphere at our beck and call.

I heard that the F4J guys were building alliances with U.S. MRA's.

Any news or forecasts, Sir Harry?

I now you put this to Angry Harry, but I'd like to put down a few words on this.

First off, the conservative Americans hold the most sway when it comes to anti-feminist views, and as it stands they are putting all of their money into "family" issues. Only problem is, the women have started running the family these days, and as such the people who would consider themselves as against the feminists do not see themselves as men, or that men's rights are important yet. Also, since the conservative base here is also quite religious, the men put most of their money and energy into a given church and into evangelism... neither of those ideas are really taught in the Bible, but the pastor says it, so the people believe it and put their all into it. Also, not long ago I gave one of AH's articles about "deadbeat dads" to a conservative friend of mine, and instead of seeing that the courts are forcing dads into bankruptcy, he stated, "I hope every deatbeat dad ends up behind bars." The "deadbeat dad" and "abuse" mantras are, as you can guess, still quite alive and well here.

Outside of what the conservatives are doing, the people here are distracted by a dozen other issues; Iraq, business scandals, violent crime, drugs, child abuse, and what have you. The country is so saturated with it that anything MRAs say is drowned out. Excluding AH and SYG, I have only had one man tell me  that he doesn't like the anti-male bias here, one time. If I hadn't been looking, that would have been the only time an MRA idea had been put in my head.

So between those two things you see why the Men's Movement has been so incredibly slow here. Still, I don't consider it an excuse, and I am putting what time I have in spreading information about sites like this, because the spreading of information is the only way things will catch on in America. Also, ensuring that MRAs do not form into cells like the Midwestern militias will also be important, but first we need the MRAs.

So if you'd like my forecast, I can still only see two outcomes. The first is one where the people continue to sleep until the US falls apart (most likely by a sudden shortage of oil and resulting panic), or one in which men begin to wake up and demand the end of the current methods of government, and the release of prisoners who were falsely accused of rape or abuse. The first leaders of the Men's Movement here will most likely be killed or jailed, and that will cause an explosion in violence... which will disrupt the country. Either way: the longer we wait the worse it will be, and the next ten years will be bad, no matter what. I encourage the other Americans here to learn some survival skills, and some kind of trade such as construction, welding, etc. I hope it doesn't come to a civil war, but we should be ready if it does.

For now I'll be at work here in Atlanta. If anyone has a few flyers I could print and pass out (Black&White if possible, I get infinite free B&W), that would be a big help.

PaulGuelph

Ivar:

Perhaps you misunderstand me. I expect the feminists to talk about women-views only. To balance that, we should focus just on men's issues.

Angry Harry:

I've been around too. But here we are both at this forum, talking when we could be doing something. I try not to spend much time at forums. It is a weakness of mine. Is our time here wasted? :?:
Men's Movie Guide:  http://www.mensmovieguide.com   The Healing Tomb: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081N1X145

angryharry

Dear All

Here are some brief answers to the questions posed above.

1. My own views will be well known to many of you, and I can summarise them by saying that the gays, the blacks and the feminists got absolutely nowhere until they started making a huge fuss; thereby threatening people - e.g. politicians and academics - sometimes directly and sometimes indirectly.

No fuss = No progress

- unless, of course, one has 'power'; in which case, you do not need to create a fuss in order to bring about change.

And the best route to change is via the media.

The consciousness of men needs to be invaded with issues that are relevent to their beings as 'men' - as opposed to their beings as, say, police officers, science enthusiasts, butterfly collectors, Republicans, Christians, Trades Unioinists, and what have you.

And when men actually start recognising themselves as men - and deeply identifying themselves as such - something which, currently, they very rarely do (for a variety of reasons) the war will easily be won.

Fathers4Justice is doing its bit to make fathers see themselves as 'fathers' by continually emphasising the manner in which ***fathers*** are being mistreated.

They attract the ***media*** and try to infilitrate the consciousness of fathers.

Indeed, it is their influence on the media (and, hence, on the public) that is the ***very measure*** of their success!

No media.

No 'success'.

It does not matter how brilliant you are in this game.

What counts is the influence that you gain.

If angryharry gets 1 visitor a day then it does not matter how brilliant are the articles of the authors that I post on it.

If it gets 1 million visitors a day then angryharry has influence - even if nothing but rubbish is posted on it.

Well, I exaggerate.

But the point is that the numbers of brains being influenced is of significance as is the fuss that they make.

Influence = Number of individuals x the average amount of fuss that each individual creates

i.e. volume!

LOL!

2. The enemies of men are, by and large, liars, deceivers and self-serving entities who are not influenced by polite discussion. They will do whatever is in their own interests to do.

3. I am not sure why the USA is doing so badly when it comes to men's rights but here are some factors that I think are relevant.

a. The USA is enormous and is already divided into numerous groups with which people identify themselves. There is hardly any room inside their heads for another group called 'men'.

b. The amount of male hatred that emanates from the USA is astonishing. (We Brits often talk about this amongst ourselves - so as not to offend our American chums.) And so I think that it is probably much harder for American MRAs to try to gain sympathy for men e.g. as in the various Deadbeat Dad issues. Men are far more demonised and mistreated in America than in Western Europe.

c. Political correctness has a much bigger stranglehold over Americans. Men are very scared to speak out.

d. My impression is that the political and judicial systems in America are for more corrupt than in Western Europe, and perhaps this is because money carries more weight in America.

e. Generally speaking, America is the host of the real cause of our problems. It is the country in which resides the horrible den from which the wicked Sauron wields his terrible powers of creating man hate.

And those who dwell closest to this horrible den are prone to tread much more carefully than are those who live further away from it!

Harry
ttp://www.angryharry.com ... the only site in the entire world with the aforementioned domain address

Double Jeopardy

As usual you are dead nuts on, DH. When I see a lag misandrist mal content like Trish et al slam men for fighting for fathers rights I am assured that men, some men are making progress and the noise they are making reaps havoc on our foes free ride. Keep it comin' DH, you are a true soldier of due process and fair play for men!

Ivar

Quote from: "PaulGuelph"
Ivar:

Perhaps you misunderstand me. I expect the feminists to talk about women-views only. To balance that, we should focus just on men's issues.

Ah yes, I misunderstood you & I agree with you now.
ou've read it... And now you can never un-read it!

richard ford

Form a Brotherhood. Do it today.

Just phone up your friends.

Just do it.

Go Up