askmen.com creates a special men's rights forum

Started by Gabriel, Apr 24, 2005, 03:34 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Gabriel

After many month's of battling it out, we now have men's issues forum at askmen.com

http://www.askmen.com/message_boards/index.html

This is a great opportunity, as askmen.com is linked to by msn.com.

I believe Typhonblue and Southern guy have posted there.

Graboid

I've lurked over there too, but never registered. It's a very good prospect - Askmen claims to have 5 million readers a month.  :D
I don't think I'll get married again. I'll just find a woman I don't like and give her a house." - Lewis Grizzard

Their slogan may as well be 'From each according to his ability, to each according to her gender" - Judge John Roberts

Arte Grey

Apparently the registration does not go through unless you sign up to receive one of several advertising pitches on the last page.  I clicked "No Thanks" on the advertising page and did not receive a confirmation.  I get enough junk e-mail.
size=9]Jiminy likes chirping with the "ground crew,"  leaving the high-climbing to the "superheroes."  Jiminy sez, beware the "Black Widow" type feminist spiders that could be lurking anywhere...[/size] [size=9]Remember Mark Bogan and the "Courthouse Cricket Caper," 5/11/05 - Link...[/size][/i]

Gabriel

There should be away around that, nless things have changed since I registered.

PaulGuelph

:shock:

They have 27,000 registered members!!!  SYG has 510.  I feel dwarfed.

It makes me feel like anything that I do is so tiny that there is no point.

I was getting 100 visits per day at Men's Movie Guide, but that has dropped to 50.  That still seemed like a fair number until I visited Ask Men.

When Germaine Greer burps, a million people want to know why.  But we are like ants carrying tiny parcels around and we don't matter.

How can we use Ask Men to our advantage?  I'm having trouble thinking through this.  I can't get my head around it.
Men's Movie Guide:  http://www.mensmovieguide.com   The Healing Tomb: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081N1X145

TestSubject

Quote from: "PaulGuelph"
But we are like ants carrying tiny parcels around and we don't matter.

Bah.  Be optimistic.  We are the few elite.

Graboid

Quote from: "PaulGuelph"
:shock:

They have 27,000 registered members!!!  SYG has 510.  I feel dwarfed.

It makes me feel like anything that I do is so tiny that there is no point.

How can we use Ask Men to our advantage?  I'm having trouble thinking through this.  I can't get my head around it.

Askmen is already helpful in many ways - the men's board should be very interesting. The boards there move so fast - sometimes I will click on a thread and read a page or two and by the time I go back to the start page, there have been 10-15 new posts !

I read somewhere on Askmen that it was the 334th most visited site on the internet - hence the men's board is gonna get some serious exposure.

On the other hand, I think SYG would definitely lose something if the boards moved that fast here - there would be no sense of continuity; troll invasions galore, etc.
I don't think I'll get married again. I'll just find a woman I don't like and give her a house." - Lewis Grizzard

Their slogan may as well be 'From each according to his ability, to each according to her gender" - Judge John Roberts

SouthernGuy

Yeah Gabe, it's gonna be pretty interesting to see how it goes over there. I've got around 3500 posts there and I've battled it out relentlessly in the past with women and the male asskissers over there that walk behind them because they're afraid to say anything that might piss a woman off. It is a VERY busy board, just about the busiest one I've seen. I just haven't had the time to post there much in the last six months to a year because I'm working two jobs and chasing women in my off time.

I love the fact that several SYG'ers started posting there, some of the clueless dolts like thathippiegirl didn't know what hit them when more than just one or two real men disagreed with her instead of guys kissing her ass because she posted a decent looking pic. I can't tell you how many times a couple of years ago it was me, DJ and one or two guys against an army of femibitches and and their castrated male followers. Thank god things are starting to change...

I'm looking forward to jumping back in the mix now that AM is a little more male friendly. Still like this board though, as I can search for most any topic and find a decent thread with facts and intelligent discussion when I need back up for something.

SG

neonsamurai

Askmen.com is probably one of the reasons I post here today (so now you know who to blame). I was impressed at the time by how unappologetic some of the writers there were in dealing with women and the dating scene.

After all the B/S I was getting fed by the TV and the stupid 'new ladism' of FHM and Loaded magazines, it was quite refreshing to read something written for men that didn't also need to pander to any women who may read or see it too.

Thanks to my firewall at the office I can't post there, but I reckon it's a pretty big step for the site to have a section specifically for Men's Rights.

Nice one.
Dr. Kathleen Dixon, the Director of Women's Studies: "We forbid any course that says we restrict free speech!"

Quasimodo

Paul--

Just as a side issue about the Men's Movie Guide, it would be helpful if you added a category -- chivalrous women-firsters -- to the men/fathers friendly and feminist burning bra categories. A misandrist, 20-men-die-so-that-one-female-lives movie like Sin City is hard to rate with the present system. It is not a feminist movie; but this macho, woman-first, the hell-with-men type flick can hardly be said to be male-friendly. Maybe a red upside-down, frowning male symbol would be appropriate.

Okay, back to our regularly scheduled discussion on the AskMen Forum.
axine Waters on the 2004 March for Women:
"I have to march because my mother could not have an abortion." ! ! !

Arte Grey

I finally got confirmation there.  Apparently there was a 24 hour delay...  I think I like it here and other places better.  They'd rather we didn't link anything, so that they can auto-link words to their Dating Services ads.

Still, there is  a certain discipline in being restricted to posting your thoughts and feelings without leaning on linking articles and news topics in. :scratchchin:
size=9]Jiminy likes chirping with the "ground crew,"  leaving the high-climbing to the "superheroes."  Jiminy sez, beware the "Black Widow" type feminist spiders that could be lurking anywhere...[/size] [size=9]Remember Mark Bogan and the "Courthouse Cricket Caper," 5/11/05 - Link...[/size][/i]

Go Up