Men's Work/Womens' Work

Started by no2fembots, May 02, 2005, 11:08 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

no2fembots

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4504393.stm

Stuff like this riles the bejabbers out of n2fb!  

Why do we NEVER see rebuttals like, "Yes, perhaps men do not do 50% of the housework, but hey!  The women are too neurotic about what constitues a well run household anyway.  And besides, what about what MEN do around the house, eh? Oils changes and mechanical repairs for her car, do house repairs - electrical, plumbing, and so on, clean gutters, painting, lawn cutting, etcetcetc!!!"

Damn BS!  If true equality is the goal, then let's see the womenfolk pick up THEIR slack!

more 3rd person rantings from the heinously obnoxious no2fembots!  :P
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."  - Winston Churchill

"Get Angry...Get Loud... GET UP off your KNEES!"

The Biscuit Queen

Because it wouldn't make women feel good if they had to say that home repair is men's work, care mainanance is men's work, lawn care is men's work, why can't women do more around the house?
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

no2fembots

Agreed, BQ.

Regards
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."  - Winston Churchill

"Get Angry...Get Loud... GET UP off your KNEES!"

scarbo

Hey, if the wifey wants to get one of these, then I say fine, I'll do every other laundry load, and then you can change the oil in your car every other time, you can shovel the snow off the driveway every other time, you can clean the leaves out of the gutters every other time, you can mow the lawn every other time, etc.

I bet that washer would get returned to the appliance store pretty quickly!

Gabriel

Quote from: "no2fembots"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4504393.stm

Stuff like this riles the bejabbers out of n2fb!  

Why do we NEVER see rebuttals like, "Yes, perhaps men do not do 50% of the housework, but hey!  The women are too neurotic about what constitues a well run household anyway.  And besides, what about what MEN do around the house, eh? Oils changes and mechanical repairs for her car, do house repairs - electrical, plumbing, and so on, clean gutters, painting, lawn cutting, etcetcetc!!!"

Damn BS!  If true equality is the goal, then let's see the womenfolk pick up THEIR slack!

more 3rd person rantings from the heinously obnoxious no2fembots!  :P

My father was the operating VP for a large REIT for many years. When they would consider buying apartment complexes, he would do a walk of the apartments, which were still occupied. He told me that female's apartments were far messier than the males.
He would walk through a see numerous pairs of pants on the floor, aimed at the shower... with the panties still in them, together.

the sad geek

Ok, let's take this to the logical conclusion:

- Next time, you catch the big, ugly spider with all those hairy legs...

- Next time, you repair the computer when Windows crashes continuously. No, you can't call the neighbourhood geek.

- Next time, you operate the chainsaw. No, it's not heavy at all, or complicated. It's dangerous, that's something different.

:D
Alles van waarde is weerloos - Everything valuable is defenseless. (Lucebert)

realman

Yeah, what all them just said!

I find it sadly hilarious that women have the balls to gripe about "doing all the cooking" or "doing all the cleaning" while men are changing oil, fixing cars, shoveling snow, mowing lawns, pruning trees, fixing toilets, etc. I have seen a few "old-school" couples where the woman actually does more around the house, but these are fairly uncommon and are folks on the other side of "middle-age" who grew up with the old-fashioned division of domestic labor. Looking at people younger than 60, witha few exceptions of younger women who are with lazy bad-boy-type jackasses, it seems like the men do at least their fair share.

Tis easy to complain about one's lot in life when one is only aware of one's own lot and cares not for that of another, methinks.\

Most women probably have little concept of what is involved in some of what men do to keep a household running; or perhaps they think since men like tools and tinkering and fixing things that somehow men have more fun fixing her car and mowing the lawn than she has making dinner and ironing his shirts?

Peter

Next time when somone need to

get the piano to the seventh floor
    design a car that moves (without pushing)
    produce a car that moves
    build a ship
    find a new continent (ok, a new planet)
    find a new vaccine
    make a faster computer
    pay child support
    pay alimony
    get the shit out of a blocked pipe

catch a criminal
    get rid of the Moors

leave it to la Seņora.
BM-NByw7VE2PwjfTtsVdeE5ipuqx1AqkEv1