Glenn Sacks, Defender of the Much Maligned Male, or Softee?

Started by Men's Rights Activist, Jun 13, 2005, 03:52 PM

previous topic - next topic

Does Glenn's approach just result in the same ole' status quo that has been the harbinger of so much male abuse in our society, or do you to think such an approach is showing "power? "

Status Quo
3 (27.3%)
Shows Power
8 (72.7%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: Jun 19, 2005, 03:52 PM

Go Down

Men's Rights Activist

Glenn Sacks :o , Defender of the Much Maligned Male , or Softee?

Glenn Sacks, Defender of the Much Maligned Male, has done great work for the Men's Movement over the years.  At the beginning of Glenn's most recent, June 12, 2005 radio broadcast, http://www.hisside.com/ he addresses criticism made by his listeners that he is "too nice" :oops:  to his opposition guests, i.e. Amanda Marcotte, Martha Burke, Gloria Allred.  :shock:  Glenn defends his position saying his approach utilizes "power" to allow the opposition to take their best shot, while his listeners "know" their argument is better.

Playing devil's advocate I have to ask,

:?: How many cases would an attorney win, persuading Judge or Jury of the righteousness of his/her case, adopting such an approach (modus operandi)?  

:?: Is lack of refutation to theories, policies, and laws that bash men no better than acquiescence to them?  

:?: Does Glenn's approach just result in the same ole' status quo that has been the harbinger of so much male abuse in our society, or do you to think such an approach is showing "power? "

Either way, IMHO, Glenn Sacks is filling a vital need in the Men's Movement, and many of us are very grateful for the hard work of this "trail blazing" pioneer." :D
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

dr e

Welcome Men's Rights Activist.  

I love Glenn and admire his work and his being the first to step forward and create successful media that was male friendly.  With that said I must say that I would like to see him take a harder line with some of the feminist guests.  These are women who have been given opportunity after opportunity by the mainstream media completely unopposed while our voice has been silenced. It's time the silenced voice got a chance.  Let them have their say but don't let them have the show or even half of the show.   I shudder to think of the show turning into "Herside" like all the other talk shows.  I would rather see Glenn err on the side of giving the man's side 60% of the air time and giving the feminists 40%.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

CaptDMO

Quote from: "Men's Rights Activist (clipped)"

Glenn Sacks, Defender of the Much Maligned Male, has done great work for the Men's Movement over the years.  At the beginning of Glenn's most recent, June 12, 2005 radio broadcast, http://www.hisside.com/ he addresses criticism made by his listeners that he is "too nice" :oops:  to his opposition guests, i.e. Amanda Marcotte, Martha Burke, Gloria Allred.  :shock:  Glenn defends his position saying his approach utilizes "power" to allow the opposition to take their best shot, while his listeners "know" their argument is better.

Playing devil's advocate I have to ask,

:?: How many cases would an attorney win, persuading Judge or Jury of the righteousness of his/her case, adopting such an approach (modus operandi)?  

:?: Is lack of refutation to theories, policies, and laws that bash men no better than acquiescence to them?  

:?: Does Glenn's approach just result in the same ole' status quo that has been the harbinger of so much male abuse in our society, or do you to think such an approach is showing "power? "

You've got to be  kidding me!
I have only listened to the  show with Amanda Marcotte. This is mostly because I use dial  up and I get impatient with the load times etc. Only half of the show came up on my 'puter. It was more than enough.
That being said,
I surf around quite a bit so I am aware of the players, I am aware of the of positions maintained, and where they bank their currency.

In My Humble Opinion-
No, Glenn Sacks approach would NOT be worthy in a court of law. Instead of refuting amorphous points line by line he goads his "guests" into revealing the true nature of their own agenda and moves on to the usual throw away talking points. Once the bait is taken he lets them go on to sink themselves with the seemingly outside issues that are in fact the foundation or their place in the world.

No, point by point refutiation just puts the champion and call in "shills"(any bets on who Barry was? On the third caller?) on guard to dampen the self destruction at the presenters own  hand.

No, hardly".... the same ol' status quo." said the spider to the fly. Without pooching one tactic well known by  quiet puppetmasters too much-Of course it's showing power, but instead of demanding subservience with an iron fist he displays the intellect of a church blessing the coronation of a king.
I hope more ingenues accept his invitation to present their agenda. I hope more "callers" stand by to simulate....oops....stimulate "intellectual intercourse".

Frankly, I believe he promotes the concept of "His Side" quite well, just by NOT stopping guests and callers from rambling their case. The guy he did cut out was falling into the same trap. I do believe Glenn saved him from taking a good point and crashing it, while still letting that nagging concept float (deviously unanswered) for the rest of the program.

Sir Percy

Arriving on this scene for the first time, weapons sheathed for travelling, I witness a questioning of a Knight's prowess.

Sacks is a Knight. He is a man that does not simply sit and bemoan injustice. He takes up arms. Modern arms. He has chosen an arena, indeed, he has built it himself. He invites combatants to take him on. He uses his specific weapons with grace and skill. He goes out boldly and seeks a fight with objectives in mind. He has a 'code'.

In the stands, many of us sit and comment. It is easy. We can do that without having to unsheath a sword or take up a lance. It is he who gives and takes blows to the head and body. We can watch (listen) and learn. We may even use his technques in our own combats. We can criticise. We can even question his  particular code of honour. But he is the one in the arena, his arena,  and it is he who has to judge the best time to lunge or strike when facing a particular foe.

Can any of us do better? Perhaps. But the truth is in the doing.

Salute a Knight.
vil, like misery, is Protean, and never greater than when committed in the name of 'right'. To commit evil when they are convinced they are doing 'good', is one of the greatest of pleasures known to a feminist.

no2fembots

Quote from: "Sir Percy"
But he is the one in the arena, his arena,  and it is he who has to judge the best time to lunge or strike when facing a particular foe.

Can any of us do better? Perhaps. But the truth is in the doing.

Salute a Knight.

Agreed.  If no2fembots had his own arena, it would be drenched in blood and intestines!  no2fembots is no Knight Errant and lacks a code of decency to those he would destroy... http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/sounds/exterminate.mp3

GS does a great job and uses his own unique brand of intellectual wordplay to get his points across.  Have listened to several of his shows and agree that he treats his "guests" with courtesy and respect, yet is tenancious in keeping his eyes on the prize.

Yet another battle strategy tha, like F4J, is public, in the line of fire, pisses people off... and is effective.
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."  - Winston Churchill

"Get Angry...Get Loud... GET UP off your KNEES!"

TestSubject

Quote from: "Men's Rights Activist"

This made me think.  Our situation isn't really like a court case.  The more he allows feminists to foam at the mouth on air, the more people are put off by feminist nonsense.  I think that's a good approach.  He's exposing what feminism really is so his audience knows what they despise.

Any feminist that appears on his show is making a horrible mistake by reenforcing to his audience why they should hate said feminist.

Kelly B

Testsubject wrote:
"Any feminist that appears on his show is making a horrible mistake by reenforcing to his audience why they should hate said feminist."

Your right! Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 don't visit my children, I raise them!

"Let us not assassinate this man further, Feminist. You have done enough. Have you no sense of decency ma'am, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?

jaketk

Quote from: "TestSubject"
This made me think.  Our situation isn't really like a court case.  The more he allows feminists to foam at the mouth on air, the more people are put off by feminist nonsense.  I think that's a good approach.  He's exposing what feminism really is so his audience knows what they despise.

More than that, he gives them every opportunity to give at least an inch to fathers and/or, and usually they don't. It goes a long way in showing that a lot of the feminists who hold similar views would probably do the same thing.

Kelly B

I think the genius of this is that they open up, he is polite, they babble, he hands them a rope, and they hang themselves. They are shown for what they really are. They can't blame it on a belligerent "MRA" rattling their cage. I just hope they don't read this, and they just keep on coming

"Let us not assassinate this man further, Feminist. You have done enough. Have you no sense of decency ma'am, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?

jaketk

Quote from: "Kelly B"
I think the genius of this is that they open up, he is polite, they babble, he hands them a rope, and they hang themselves. They are shown for what they really are. They can't blame it on a belligerent "MRA" rattling their cage. I just hope they don't read this, and they just keep on coming

Oh, they read it. They just like slamming their heads against brick walls.

Kelly B

Quote from: "jaketk"
Quote from: "Kelly B"

Oh, they read it. They just like slamming their heads against brick walls.

You mean like this? :banghead:  :banghead: :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:
Fun to watch, ain't it?

Go Up