Angry Harry Has Stopped updating his Website!

Started by Tigerman, Jun 17, 2005, 03:33 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

alien

Tigerman, you were still correct in bringing it to the attention of others. It's still a significant change and I will definitely miss his comments on general news/story links.  :(

Tigerman

Quote from: "alien"
Tigerman, you were still correct in bringing it to the attention of others. It's still a significant change and I will definitely miss his comments on general news/story links.  :(

Thanks alien - and who knows AH may have a change of heart in the not too distant future so it is probably worth checking out his website from time to time which is in any case a very valuable repository for some really excellent articles.

Julian

He's a great bloke indeed but I reckon he's tired.

He's asked for help, so what are we doing to spread the word?

Tigerman

Quote from: "Julian"
He's a great bloke indeed but I reckon he's tired.

He's asked for help, so what are we doing to spread the word?

Yes I also think he is tired - but from his latest posting it is clear that he still isn't taking much of a break - his dedication is quite awesome.

As for what the rest of us are doing to spread the word - well I can only answer for myself and that is NOT MUCH. Sure in my daily life I do make my views known to anyone willing to listen and sure I do post a lot of information on usenet and elsewhere, I even fire off the odd e-mail now and again in protest over some bullshit some corporation or media company is promoting. I suppose I should feel guilty but the honest truth is I don't - the thing is I am now 55years old and have been posting on usenet since 1997 - right from back then I made it clear that I expected the younger generations of men to STAND UP AND FIGHT - and to the most extent they simply haven't (a small exception to this is F4J but even then most of them are in their 30's or 40's if not older).
What galls me is that young men will jump on the bandwagon for a myriad of other causes like 'public nudity' or anti-wto and g8 protests but to address something that affects not just 50% of the population but ALL of us (because we are ALL affected by the disintegration of marriage and the family - through increased taxes and the dangers of having so MANY feral kids roaming the streets etc).
Yep - I will start beating myself up when I see the young finally waking up and standing up for themselves - until then why should *I* bother taking (further) great risks with my carreer when the ones who are going to be most affected by all this will do nothing for themselves.
Answers on a postcard...

Phil

Tigerman

...to all my fans who have sent me such kind emails, I am not actually disappearing altogether! I just intend to spend my time engaging in a different form of activism rather than updating the news - as per my piece Time For Some Activism. http:// http://www.angryharry.com/estimeforsomeactivism.htm

I am currently emailing politicians, journalists, police officers, internet authors and, quite frankly, whosoever catches my fancy, and giving them links to some of the pieces contained on this site.

To our potential allies I say, "Have a look a this," and I hope that these pieces will help to fire them up as well as inform them. To our enemies I say, "Not long now before you have well and truly had it!"

Or words to that effect!

LOL!

And I am delighted to say that the few replies that I have received have not been at all hostile. One civil servant even contacted me to give me a new email address for Harriet Harman! - which was very heartening, because the piece that I had sent him had nothing to do with Ms Harman; i.e. he must have perused the site.

And I do urge serious activists and supporters of this website to familiarise themselves with some of its cluster bombs.

The above is quoted from a post AH has made today to his website.
Glad to see he is still on top form and fighting fit!!
[/url]

PaulGuelph

I was reading "Time for some Activism" and I think he has a point there. There isn't much use in preaching to the converted.

That is my problem with forums like SYG and other such web sites. Sure they serve a good purpose, but though they have a large number of visitors, they are mostly repeat visitors.  Discussing among ourselves only goes so far. We need to reach out to the general public.  (That was the mission of my Men's Movie Guide: some poor slob wants to learn about some movie, but men's issues are thrown in with it.  John Q public gets a chance to think about something that has escaped him so far.)

Also many would be activists just come here or to AH each day to let off anger that should be vented at a protest march or letter writing campaign.  We may be wasting our time and energy talking about this and that without doing anything. :x
Men's Movie Guide:  http://www.mensmovieguide.com   The Healing Tomb: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081N1X145

Go Up