Get Ready for Attack of the Hugo-philes

Started by Roy, Jun 18, 2005, 09:27 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Roy

An ongoing comments thread on Hugo Schwyzer's blog (http://hugoboy.typepad.com) has several posters arguing that Hugo's expertise is limited to feminism and gay/lesbian sexuality and that he knows little about "real men."

(The thread started out as Hugo's decree that marriage is all men's salvation....  of whatever gender preference ....)

One poster recommends that Hugo-boy could learn about "normative" masculinity by visiting SYG.

I especially liked the last remark suggesting that "no men are losing sleep" over the social impacts of feminism!

Excerpts --

Seriously, I think a great place to learn about normal, ordinary men is at the standyourground.com BB. No doubt you will be appalled and insulted by much of what goes down there due to the anti-feminist nature of many there, but still, IMO it's a very good place to get a realistic view of what normal, healthy men are thinking vis-a-vis feminism and gender issues in general.  (Mr. Bad 6.18.05)

Mr. Bad, I read this to my husband, who was a SSgt in the USMC, is very definitely a "man's man," and is most definitely an "alpha male" type (most medics, firefighters, and rodeo hands are alpha-types, and it shows). He mentioned something about gagging. (Caitriona 6.18.05)

A miniscule of men in this country post on Standyourground, listen to Glenn Sacks, let alone belong to the various MRA organizations. I'm sure that like most people MRAs tend to associate with those who share similar interests and concerns, and that might lead them to think that their "concerns" about the evils of feminism are keeping men awake at night across the country, but as far as I can tell, you've got no actual evidence for that. (djw 6.18.05)

http://hugoboy.typepad.com/hugo_schwyzer/2005/06/marriage_and_mi.html#comments

( From 17 June 2005 "Marriage and Miracle Grow" thread ...comments)
It's a terrible thing ... living in fear." (Roy - hunted replicant. "Blade Runner.")

bukowski

some women find a man and expect to mould him.

feminism seems to try to do this on a grander scale.

everyone wants to change men to this or that. but I am not that or this.

I wonder why they feel so compelled to mould our inner nature into something other than what it is and not accept us for who we are?  

why am I so flawed?

why do they obsess over me so?

LST

Well they have a good point. MRAs, or someone like me, are quite far from being a "normal man". A normal man is unaware of this thing, and he is probably chivalrous to some level.
Sometimes I actually think that the difference might be genetical...
Maybe the type of males that when raised in a biased sexist end up hating it instead of conforming to it, the influence of the "protectiveness gene" is reduced ?
Not all "aware" males are made from the same dough though, and their "awareness" is quite different too.
You can even see the odd "caller to traditional values" sometimes.

Not trying to sound elitist, but I do believe that few people on this board have the same kind of insight that me, typhonblue, Galt, and a few others have.
And I do believe that my (and the few other people's) insight is superior... sorry. :(
Well I ended up sounding elitist anyway, but I had to say it. I think it's crucial that the other people here climb up on the "ladder of understanding". Sadly I am pretty bad at explaining things...
o pity for feminazis.

Daymar

IMO it's a very good place to get a realistic view of what normal, healthy men are thinking vis-a-vis feminism and gender issues in general.

Mr. Bad, I read this to my husband, who was a SSgt in the USMC, is very definitely a "man's man," and is most definitely an "alpha male" type (most medics, firefighters, and rodeo hands are alpha-types, and it shows). He mentioned something about gagging.

She must've missed the part about 'men who are thinking' when she started referring to her "alpha male" husband.

LST

Yes, her gagging "alpha male" husband is sadly much more "normal" than the people here. He is normal because he conforms to the social norm.
Fuck him.
o pity for feminazis.

LST

Maybe he should gag on his feminazi wife's high heeled shoe pushed down his asshole throat. Fucking meathead scumbag.
o pity for feminazis.

Galt

<<Mr. Bad, I read this to my husband, who was a SSgt in the USMC, is very definitely a "man's man," and is most definitely an "alpha male" type (most medics, firefighters, and rodeo hands are alpha-types, and it shows). He mentioned something about gagging.>>

What's that all about?

It sounds like a woman who could really be into "real man" shaming tactics, and I feel a bit sorry for her husband if he is ever weak.

She forgot cowboys, though, aren't they alpha males?  Or astronauts.

But it sounds like she derives her whole sense of identity from someone else - and, more pathetically, in a blue-collar or high-school sense.  My boyfriend's back and you're gonna' be sorry ... until she comes across a nurd lawyer with the whole police machinery of society backing him.

LST

Quote from: "Galt"
But it sounds like she derives her whole sense of identity from someone else

How do you make this conclusion ?
She just wrote what her husband said, as a response to the comment about SYG being populated with "normal men".
o pity for feminazis.

Galt

Quote from: "LST"

How do you make this conclusion ?
She just wrote what her husband said, as a response to the comment about SYG being populated with "normal men".

Because ... in my opinion that is a very typical statement of a woman who derives her whole sense of self-worth from a man.

She doesn't say, "I disagree with that because ...", she says, "my husband disagrees with that because ..." and then she cites his qualifications as a real man.

Sorry, it's just obvious to me.

But sooner or later something will go wrong in the marriage, and then her husband will be at fault.  Because she is just the passive - rider in the whole thing.  And I feel sorry for him.

alien

We have a radio station called 2GB (top rating) hosted by Alan Jones in Australia, and about twelve months ago Mr. Jones read out a single e-mail sent to him by a person (likely a man but I can't remember) complaining about C$A. Within 60-90 minutes the station went into meltdown with faxes, e-mails, phone calls (on air dialog) and such. He said there's never been a response like this before - to any issue - and has literally a tower of e-mails in front of him that people wouldn't believe. Now all those men (and some women) were suffering but had no connection. It took a simple e-mail read on air by a prominent radio station host to reach out and connect them. Since that day it has snowballed into other events such as a march tomorrow on the capital of my country to shove down the governments throat a simple and clear message that men/families/children are not going to take this shit any more. If that e-mail - the catalyst if you will - had never been sent then on the surface it would look like there's no issue.

I also recall from a couple of years back a group called the "Black Shirts" - a group of non custodial men cut-off from their family/property - that would target their Ex-wives by standing outside their own homes protesting with signs and megaphones the injustice done to them. Of course they were made to look like suburban terrorists but today they would be considered heroes - especially now with F4J showing what must be done to get the public's awareness.

LST

Well, I don't feel sorry for him, he is an asshole. And he is the one that let her be a passive rider. Maybe he could learn how to recognize such a woman and avoid marrying her if he actually read these forums instead of "gagging" at them.
o pity for feminazis.

Shades of Pale

Roy, this alpha type made it as far as Hugo's comment about gay and lesbian marriage having something to DO with his pseudo-Christianity and immediately clicked back on this page to reply and say I'd closed the browser.   But then I went back to actually close the browser and saw the next comment...moron's been divorced time and again.   He has nothing to offer the monogamous.   Not a shred of wisdom can he possibly possess regarding such.   Though it sure looks like he knows a thing or ten about homosexuality.  

His gall in shredding and burning the bible to ashes is reprehensible.  He mentions that it is not good for the man to be alone...and fucking leaves OUT the fact that that was immediately followed by God making a - SAY IT WITH MY HUGO YOU SOB - WOMAN.   Read Genesis 1 &2 again you filthy freak.   And stop equating your perversion with god's ideal.  Asshole.

More than anyone I've seen linked to on this board, far more than even the psychotic behavior of NYMOM, I find this guy to be evil, and nothing short of utter shunning is sufficient for such a one.

I will say one thing to Mr. Bad, no offense intended.   Marriage does strip people (men and women alike) of their selfishness, though I can't say like nothing else...having children does it even more so.    The women in my acquaintance would likewise not be offended by hearing that a woman isn't complete without a husband.   Nor does it offend me to hear someone claim vice versa.   Biblically, it stands up.

And Mr. Bad, this was excellent:  
Like I said, I think that you should stick to what you know, i.e., feminism and homosexuality, and leave healthy, normal masculinity to those of us who understand it.

Amen :)

Caitriona is full of shit.  I'll bet my left ass cheek she has no husband at all.   Sure as shit not the Mr. Incredible she claimed, but I'm willing to bet none at all.

Mr. Bad's comeback was priceless :D

Roy

Hugo has been further encouraged to post on SYG, though I doubt he'll do so.

It's so difficult for a dedicated Narcissist to step away from his reflection in his tiny pond....

Just a couple teasers ---

I have lots of male friends today.  How normal are they?  Most of my male friends are straight and married; a few are gay and a few are single.  Most, but not all, are college educated white guys between 30-55. Half have children.  About half are serious Christians, but others are agnostics, Unitarians, and students of Kabbalah.  Most are liberal Democrats, but a few are solid Republicans.  

But there's one thing every one of my close male friends has in common: we are all, to a man, quite concerned with the appearance and performance of our bodies.  (Hugo)

All in all, I think it's counterproductive, even dangerous, to question the masculine credentials of those who do gender work.  Given the rigid rules of American sexual culture, it's all but certain than any man who does speak critically about male behavior will have his manhood questioned. (Hugo)

This has been one of the basic issue in the men's movement for a long time, i.e., who were are, who will be our leaders and spokespersons, etc. And what we all have mostly unanimously decided is that we will decide who we are and not let feminists or others do so for us.

Hugo, I challenge you to go over to StandYourGround and post there as a spokesperson of "the authentic men's movement" and see whether you are accepted as such. (Mr. Bad)

I've not got the time to go over this piece by peace, but the "authentic men's movement" is the pro-feminist men's movement of NOMAS, Men Can Stop Rape, XY Online and so forth. (Hugo)

Thread at -

http://hugoboy.typepad.com/hugo_schwyzer/2005/06/before_anything.html#comments
It's a terrible thing ... living in fear." (Roy - hunted replicant. "Blade Runner.")

CaptDMO

Funny,
That exact list of folk used to call themselves "Real Men" as in "A real man would......"
I seem to rember giving up those same exact websites to someone complaining about "Well a REAL MAN would (serve my princess wishes on demand).

When did the limp "authentic mens movement" self assignment change its name  and begin to try to commandeer the traction and currency that MRA/F4J earned?

The real mens movement
I rest my case.

LST

I think that the name "men's movement" is dumb.
And the name "men's rights activist" is even worse, especially since it's obvious that not all of the people whose opinion on gender matters falls somewhere in this spectrum are political activists of any kind.
o pity for feminazis.

Go Up