Started by Roy, Jun 18, 2005, 09:27 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

TestSubject

I listen.

Sir Jessy of Anti

Quote from: "Hugo"
Quote from: "Dr Evil"
If Hugo will come on SYG and ask the question about what we are doing to help young men I would be happy to answer.

I'm here, folks, and I repeat the question: what actions are you taking in your life to help young men?

Well, I think also in addition to Doctor E's response, and the various other things that other people on this board may do for young men, something we all do here on SYG is educate young men about the detrimental effects of feminism on their masculinity and our society.  Unlike what you believe, most of us don't see masculinity as inherently full of bad traits or something that needs to be changed or viewed through a feminist lens, or even as something that needs to be adapted to the feminist paradigm.  We aren't blaming them for the problems of rape or violence because they happened to be born men, we aren't guilting them for crimes they haven't commited.   We aren't training them to look at themselves as oppressors who preside over victim women in some sort of pseudo class war, and thus aren't instilling fake guilt in them for being born men or for being a part of the hegemonic masculinity.

I feel these things help young men to understand that it is not their fault that a bigoted ideology views them a certain way because of the genitalia they were born with, and seeks to subordinate them to its precept system.  Also, here at SYG, a lot of the news posted shows what organized feminism and feminists do in practice, and it ain't pretty.  If even one of your students reads our site and sees the actions of your ideology over its words, then we have accomplished a lot for young men.
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand<br /><br />

Roy

Well, I wish to also congratulate and welcome Hugo for tentatively embracing the SYG community!

Though he has not yet indicated that he intends to engage with us in any meaningful way.

For what it's worth, though I have baited Hugo into coming here, I have done so not to stage an ambush, but to seek a deeper understanding of a voice that fascinates me personally.

I just don't get Hugo.

And I've read enough of his blog to know that he is worth listening to; though when he's only surrounded by admirers, he's at a disadvantage.

I truly believe SYG can help bring out Hugo's best intellectual depths.

He has made the same logical error that so many feminists make.... they view resistance as something to be immediately dismissed; instead of a force that can make you more self-aware and stronger.

So, I am especially interested to invite Hugo to narrate, not defensively, but ontologically, his journey from former sexual predator to redeemed philosophical feminist-"true"-MRA.

And, Hugo, if you do this expertly .... I demand 50% of the screenplay rights!  :wink:
It's a terrible thing ... living in fear." (Roy - hunted replicant. "Blade Runner.")

CaptDMO

I'm here, folks, and I repeat the question: what actions are you taking in your life to help young men?

Welcome Professor Schwyzer!

I live by example.
I promote the concept of being a father to fathers of boys
I write to discourage unnecessary external pitfalls of the future, in an already challanging time.
Specificly: I provide  guidance, support and personal experiance to young(17+or so) men and women in trouble with drugs and alcohol.
And, of course-
I Stand My Ground.

In a moment of sillyness I considered posting examples by past  posts, both from here and other sites. A fairly daunting task.
Instead, I invite any interested folk to google CaptDMO, Most(not all) of it's all there. I only post with that name.

CaptDMO

oops.....double

bukowski

So are we around the same age then ? (No, you are probably like 25 or so.)

yeah 25, or so. around that area.

LSBeene

I also add my welcome to Hugo,

I have heard you on Glenn Sacks show (though I, respectfully, disagree with you on what you said) and have read some (though to be honest not much) of your blog.

I will echo what others have said: the stated goals and definition of feminism are far different than what is being advocated in legislation, that the constant "class warfare" shades of cummunism is destructive, the painting of men as oppressors and women as victims (and NEVER the reverse), and the disparagement of the role of fathers is what is done in practice.

What do I do to help young men?  Fair question, and I thank you for the opportunity to tell you:

I am in the U.S. military and I get green man-children who have little sense of their self worth.  Now, to be clear, I don't think gender defines us per-se, but I see that boys are often not encouraged to happily enjoy their boyish/man-like tendencies and traits.  

They are indoctrinated with false information that, at every turn, makes them feel bad about themselves.  I see this as little different then the way girls used to be told their "limitations" and how they were discouraged at trying to excel.  

The pendulum has swung to far, and not towards equality, but I would echo Glenn Sacks as to calling this generation of boys the "payback" generation for "thousands of years of oppression".  Acts they did not commit, were not there to witness, acts they would abhor are lectured into them with some "cultural guilt" nonsense by women who were not oppressed, were not there "thousands of years ago", and who are on a power binge and taking it out on someone who is different from them and who they will never be.  Not so unlike how blacks were told they were inferior and "official studies" backed it.

I try to show these young men (I also mentor some young women, but my unit is combat arms so my opportunities are quite limited except to daughters of my buddies) courtesy, fair play, depth of thought, to critically think and analyze messages they get from the media, to question pre-conceived notions, and in areas of responsibility that today's youth (both genders) seem to completely lack.

I know my post was long Hugo, but I respectfully offer it to you and will certainly consider any replies.  A discourse is always good for better understanding.

V/R

Steven
'Watch our backs at home, we'll guard the wall over here. You can sleep safe tonight, we'll guard the door."

Isaiah 6:8
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

Kelly B

I am here so that another generation of fathers and sons are not torn apart. I try to spread the gospel of shared parenting. I do it with my ex wife, and my children have intimate contact with two people who love them more than anything in the world. My seven year old is autistic, and I work with disabled children. I volunteer for challenger little league, and cub scouts. I volunteer in my kids schools. I work on issues that effect boys, so that they will not be shamed for being just who they are.
 don't visit my children, I raise them!

"Let us not assassinate this man further, Feminist. You have done enough. Have you no sense of decency ma'am, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?

LSBeene

Hugo,

Sir

Clearly you can see what we write.  Here we are and we have, IMO, extended not just an olive branch, but a light to your feet and a carpet for you walk ...

Sir,

We want nothing from you, and we ask dialogue.  

Steven
'Watch our backs at home, we'll guard the wall over here. You can sleep safe tonight, we'll guard the door."

Isaiah 6:8
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

Mr. Bad

If Hugo will come on SYG and ask the question about what we are doing to help young men I would be happy to answer.

Friends,

I feel that I must point out that Hugo has immediately played a common feminist trick, that being changing the subject.  

The original thread that got us started on this debate over at Hugo's site and which eventually moved over here was my challenge to Hugo's knowledge of healthy, normal masculinity.  I questioned that because IMHO, based on his professional activities (i.e., feminist and queer studies), writings, etc., he has no clue re. the subject.  So to me, it's not how much a person mentors or teaches young men, but rather, what they are teaching them.  For example, I'm pretty sure that Michael Jackson could show that he 'mentors' young boys, but it's the specifics of what he's 'teaching' them that I'd have concerns about.

Get it?
"Men in teams... got the human species from caves to palaces. When we watch men's teams at work, we pay homage to 10,000 years of male achievements; a record of vision, ingenuity and Herculean labor that feminism has been too mean-spirited to acknowledge."  Camille Paglia

Galt

Quote from: "Mr. Bad"
I feel that I must point out that Hugo has immediately played a common feminist trick, that being changing the subject.

He may not even be aware of it himself.  People in the feminist mode don't view things in terms of thinking about a topic, getting down to the core of the dispute, and then hashing it out on that particular point; they think in terms of appearances and images and being victims and the like, so they immediately shift over to something else if you start pinning them down logically.  I've just seen that too often.

That's why college courses like women's studies are so insidious.  They DON'T promote thinking or logic or scholarship at all, they involve this loosey-goosey, slippery repetition of myths, sliding topics, feelings and circular logic that should have no place at a university.

Men's Rights Activist

"Hugo has thrown down what passes for a limp gauntlet, or maybe an insouciant glove-slap, today over at his pity party web site.

Ever the Narcissist-martyr, Hugo challenges all concerned SYG 'ers to match his dedication to educating the next generation of boys, lest he will just have to do it."

http://desertlightjournal.blog-city.com/how_can_we_coach_little_girls_into_women_who_arent_male_vili.htm
"'How can we coach little girls into women who aren't male vilifying, gender feminist abusers?" "Now that," I said to myself, "is a real $64,000.00 question."

Yes, there certainly is a need for that, but unfortunately there aren't any Men's Studies programs on college campuses to alert people to the need to fix that and other perceived problems with females, and there are almost no Men's Commissions * to lobby for money to help men who have been hurt by misandrist, gender feminist movements plaguing our society, and there aren't any taxpayer subsidized programs run by males to encourage women to mentor little girls into women who don't vilify, abuse, batter, exploit, or defraud males."
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

Men's Rights Activist

Friends,

The original thread that got us started on this debate over at Hugo's site and which eventually moved over here was my challenge to Hugo's knowledge of healthy, normal masculinity.  I questioned that because IMHO, based on his professional activities (i.e., feminist and queer studies), writings, etc., he has no clue re. the subject.  So to me, it's not how much a person mentors or teaches young men, but rather, what they are teaching them.  For example, I'm pretty sure that Michael Jackson could show that he 'mentors' young boys, but it's the specifics of what he's 'teaching' them that I'd have concerns about.

Get it?

http://desertlightjournal.blog-city.com/how_can_we_coach_little_girls_into_women_who_arent_male_vili.htm

"Yes, we certainly need to raise the next generation of girls not to be gender feminists. Perhaps, after we get the Violence Against Men Act passed, and get mentoring programs started for girls, we can even have some bumper stickers made up that say, "There's No Excuse for Vilifying Males." It's gong to be quite a challenge to get girls to consider other opinions besides the gender feminist viewpoint once they get into college and start getting indoctrinated in women's studies classes. It's just so much easier for those "females" to state their opinions as fact without having truth interfere with perceptions, and it's just so much easier to get together with a group of other "females" and present the consensus of the group (connected knowing) as a scholarly researched study, than it is to do the real research and fact finding.

Women need to help "girls" do the hard work of scholarly research, and fact finding if we are ever going to put an end to the abusive way gender feminists treat males. If girls and boys, and men and women are ever to have equitable relations in our society, certainly gender feminists must begin to be honest about all forms of violence and the role(s) that females as well as males play in it."
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

Men's Rights Activist

If Hugo will come on SYG and ask the question about what we are doing to help young men I would be happy to answer.  Come on over Hugo, you have nothing to fear here, we have rules against personal attacks.  The only thing you have to fear is getting your ideology questioned without the kevlar convenience of a mommy feminist moderator.  

Oh and before you come have a look at this page which does a nice job of showing how feminism is truly a hate movement.  

Well, I am new to the forum, but if HUGO is coming over and will be questioning us about mentoring boys into men, SYG should take a look at some of its emoticons.  I know you have rules about personal attacks too.  I'm not sure how much latitude you have in adding or deleting emoticons, but given the aforementioned considerations I question the appropriateness of the following emoticons:

#1  :2up:  #2 :behead:    #3   :ouch:   #4  :jaws: #5   :stupid:

I strongly suspect that HUGO will be subscribing to the FVPF's one sided view of violence as a male phenomenon
"Coaching Boys into Men What you Can Do"
http://endabuse.org/cbim/

Yes, when you take a look at the FVPF site you will see that intimate violence is 99.99% addressed as a uniquely male issue.

That being the case, it's pretty easy to conclude that "There's No Excuse for Domestic Violence"  http://store.yahoo.com/fvpfstore/bumperstickers.html is really FVPF double speak for "All Violence is in the Domain of Males, Making all Behavior in that Domain Suspect, Inexcusable, and in Need of Remediation"

It's rumored that one "alleged" heretic, during the 17th Century reign of "Bloody Mary," Queen of England, was heard to exclaim:
"Never leave any fuel lying around for warlock burners, to throw on the fagots of wood they've piled around the stake they're preparing to burn you at."  :angryfire:

The Gonzman

Friends,

Get it?

Moreover, what is it that makes our brand of masculinity unhealthy and abnormal?
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

Go Up