Would you rather have a son or daughter?

Started by brian44, Aug 17, 2005, 11:35 AM

previous topic - next topic

Would you rather have a son or daughter?

Son
6 (37.5%)
Daughter
2 (12.5%)
Either
8 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: Aug 17, 2005, 11:35 AM

Go Down

brian44

I think that in today's world I'd rather have a daughter. I really do feel sorry for boys growing up right now.
It is time we began to ask who are these women who continually rubbish men. The most stupid, ill-educated and nasty woman can rubbish the nicest, kindest and most intelligent man and no one protests.

Men seem to be so cowed that they can't fight back, and it is time they did." Doris Lessing

bluegrass

I'd have to say though that you never know what's going to happen with a kid born today or within the last few years.  I mean, the women of tomorrow could really be reaping what those of today and the last 30 years have been sowing.
"To such females, womanhood is more sacrosanct by a thousand times than the Virgin Mary to popes--and motherhood, that degree raised to astronomic power. They have eaten the legend about themselves and believe it; they live it; they require fealty of us all." -- Philip Wylie, Generation of Vipers

brian44

Quote from: "bluegrass"
I'd have to say though that you never know what's going to happen with a kid born today or within the last few years.  I mean, the women of tomorrow could really be reaping what those of today and the last 30 years have been sowing.

Maybe, although knowing how good men are at taking crap almost indefinitely without defending themselves, I'm not so sure.
It is time we began to ask who are these women who continually rubbish men. The most stupid, ill-educated and nasty woman can rubbish the nicest, kindest and most intelligent man and no one protests.

Men seem to be so cowed that they can't fight back, and it is time they did." Doris Lessing

Raymond Cuttill

I said either because in the event I ever did have a child I'd like it to be a surprise, even if the mother knew from a scan.  

I can see why some voted for girls, but who is unhappiest? The hater or the hated.  You ever hear of a happy Nazi? There are some very unhappy women out there and they can't solve their problems because, of course, it's all men's fault.
aymond Cuttill

United Equal Parenting Conference, London, June 17, 2006 - www.unitedconference.com
Men's Hour Blog
cyberManbooks

Peter

I voted "Either", because it is closest to my real choise "Both", which is missing.
BM-NByw7VE2PwjfTtsVdeE5ipuqx1AqkEv1

The Biscuit Queen

I love my boys. I feel no need for a little girl, I have my bull terrier to fill that role, besides, I have enough estrogen for one house!
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

Graboid

If I could only have one child, I'd like to have a son, so that's what I voted for. But one day I'd like to have 1 or 2 of each  :)
I don't think I'll get married again. I'll just find a woman I don't like and give her a house." - Lewis Grizzard

Their slogan may as well be 'From each according to his ability, to each according to her gender" - Judge John Roberts

TestSubject

I clicked on daughter but I meant to click son.  A daughter I would end up brow beating with the problems women have caused me.  She'd be a psychological mess after I mind raped her.  There's just no way I could be happy with a daugher's "success."  I'd always be her biggest critic.

The Biscuit Queen

TS, kudos to you for being honest.

Not always an easy thing to do. I feel the same way, I think I would be trying so hard to keep her from becoming a feminist brat that I would make her one, and or make her miserable.

I like my Bullygirl. I can spoil her rotten, tell her she is my beautiful princess and she will never have a complex!
he Biscuit Queen

Double Jeopardy

In my experience my sons were less maintenance, my daughters require more attention, more needs. I wouldn't trade one for the other no matter what. I was never one to want to know what my wife was carrying, I never was one who wanted to make a decision or wished that I could. If I had all girls, ok, if I had all boys, ok. I am glad I have a nice mix.

This brings something to mind that happened to me over the summer. Back in the middle of July I had a family reunion for my fathers side of the family at our home. There were quite a few people here, cousins, aunts and uncles and siblings etc. I was outside under the tent when my sister mentioned her new daughter in law is a school teacher, and how I would be amused at watching her and my nephew argue over politics because she is a die hard liberal feminist *my nephew and I are conservative leaning politically, and anti feminist*. She also said that her daughter in law buys into feminism lock stock and barrel *I don't know whether to feel sorry for my nephew or buy a plane ticket to where he is a boot him in the ass*...anyhow, I said to my sister "that sucks, though I would love to get into a donnybrook with her on any subject regarding feminism or liberal politics" My stepmother says "why, whats wrong with a woman standing up for their rights?" I said "nothing, but feminism has nothing to do with women, I have a boy child and a girl child, I look at them as equals and I don't want society to treat either one of them better than the other, on that level I am middle of the road" Guess what her response was? "Thats because you're a male chauvinist". Now she's as sharp as a wet noodle, eh? :roll:

Sorry for the derailment, I had to get that out. :lol:

The Biscuit Queen

LOL!  what a riot. People are so used to spitting out the reactive answers that they don't even think about context any more. It is like one of those talking dolls.

DJ~"I believe that my children deserve to be treated equally"

aunt~pull string~"You are a male chauvanist pig"

DJ~ "Being a girl does not mean more perks than being a boy"

aunt~pull string~ "We have been subjugated by the patriarchy for 2000 years"

DJ~"Boy is is a nice day out"

aunt ~pull string~ "One in four women are raped"
he Biscuit Queen

neonsamurai

Personally I'd rather have a boy, but only because I've got loads of my old toys in the loft that he could have, and so that I could buy an train set under the pretense that it was for him. Damn, I'm shallow.
Dr. Kathleen Dixon, the Director of Women's Studies: "We forbid any course that says we restrict free speech!"

Double Jeopardy

Before I finally just walked away and ignored the dope, I offered a benefit of the doubt to her and said "how the hell did you get chauvanist out of that?" Her answer? "You think feminism has nothing to do with women? HA! thats what you think!". I said no what I said was "feminism does not equal woman, not even close". her answer? "Because you're a male chauvinist" . My response? "well, some women think that being overly vocal in mixed company on a matter that obvious to anyone witnessing such a spectacle is lost on them makes them worldly and informed, too bad all it really shows in reality is they're a loud mouth dope". Then I just simply walked away only to hear my sister quietly say to me "I'm not a feminist, I agree with you".  :D

Raymond Cuttill

Quote from: "neonsamurai"
Personally I'd rather have a boy, but only because I've got loads of my old toys in the loft that he could have, and so that I could buy an train set under the pretense that it was for him. Damn, I'm shallow.

That's not shallow, that's male!  The reverse is mothers like daughters because they can go shopping with them.
aymond Cuttill

United Equal Parenting Conference, London, June 17, 2006 - www.unitedconference.com
Men's Hour Blog
cyberManbooks

SouthernGuy

No more kids for this fella. I'll never risk going through what I've gone through again...ever. Sad...

Go Up