Feminism prevents murder

Started by jaketk, Aug 24, 2005, 05:25 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

woof

Quote from: "lkanneg"
So, how do we stop or at least reduce men murdering each other?

The article didn't say, that men were murdering each other, it said more men were being murdered, this includes women as possible murderers.  :?
Even a whole village can't replace dad, children need both parents.

lkanneg

Quote from: "woof"

The article didn't say, that men were murdering each other, it said more men were being murdered, this includes women as possible murderers.  :?

Of course it does, but I'm pretty sure that the overwhelming percentage of perpetrators when a man is murdered, are also men.
quot;Remember no one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
--Eleanor Roosevelt

"Something which we think is impossible now is not impossible in another decade."
-- Constance Baker Motley

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got."
--Janis Joplin

jaketk

Of course it does, but I'm pretty sure that the overwhelming percentage of perpetrators when a man is murdered, are also men.

i would not consider 60% overwhelming. it certainly is the majority, but most crime studies indicate that women commit on average 40% of violent crimes and murder, and a little over 60% of violent crimes against children, including murder. but regardless of that, why does it matter who commits the crime? i thought the crime itself was bad? is it less bad if a man is murdered by a man than a woman?

lkanneg

Quote from: "jaketk"

i would not consider 60% overwhelming. it certainly is the majority, but most crime studies indicate that women commit on average 40% of violent crimes and murder, and a little over 60% of violent crimes against children, including murder. but regardless of that, why does it matter who commits the crime? i thought the crime itself was bad? is it less bad if a man is murdered by a man than a woman?

What studies are you looking at?  According to the FBI for 2003:

Murder offenders, by sex:

Age        Total      Male   Female     Unknown

Under 18          813      726   86           1
Under 22         3,327      3,049   275         3
18 and over    9,396      8,387   997         12

Murder victims, by sex:

Age        Total      Male   Female   Unknown

Under 18         1,333      905   424   4
Under 22        3,445      2,724   716   5
18 and over    12,811      10,083   2,721   7

http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/ucr.htm#cius
--Eleanor Roosevelt

"Something which we think is impossible now is not impossible in another decade."

--Janis Joplin

jaketk

i think i might have confused the stat with another. my mistake.

however, here is a link to stats on the child abuse stats. it appears again that my stats were off, but my point still stands. regardless of the percentages, it should make no difference as to who the perp is and who the victim is.

Double Jeopardy

This a common mistake most feminists make, they are quick to assume the murderer is a man.

lkanneg

it should make no difference as to who the perp is and who the victim is.

In the treatment meted out to both the victim and the perp, I totally agree.
--Eleanor Roosevelt

--Janis Joplin

woof

Quote from: "Double Jeopardy"

This a common mistake most feminists make, they are quick to assume the murderer is a man.

Double I agree, but I think that you are being too kind in calling this a feminist "mistake".
Even a whole village can't replace dad, children need both parents.

jaketk

here's a different view of the article...

Stallywood

here's a different view of the article...

Congrats, you must have a very strong constitution to put up with the constant barage of ad hominems. To suggest that we treat women posters on this board similarily (to the way they treated you on their board), is ludicrous.
Stally
Gentleman is a man who consciously serves women. I prefer the golden rule.

Behind every great man, is a
parasite.

Women who say men won't commit, usually aren't worth committing to.

Go Up