12 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: Sep 06, 2005, 04:39 AM

Go Down

lkanneg

Let me know!
quot;Remember no one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
--Eleanor Roosevelt

"Something which we think is impossible now is not impossible in another decade."
-- Constance Baker Motley

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got."
--Janis Joplin

neoteny

I've just voted 'no'; at least not until you've provided the promised list of accomplishments (& lack thereof) of (modern) feminism.
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

Wookie

Ikanneg:

Unlike feminist boards we don't want rid of people for just having differing opinions, but you have to understand that as you define yourself as a feminist you may recive a more hostile responce.

Wookie
he Light That Burns Twice As Bright Burns Half As Long - Blade Runner

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Galt

I didn't vote.

I really suspect that you like being the center of attention.

TheManOnTheStreet

I could care less.  As long as you (or anyone else) follow the rules, you should be able to stay if youd like.
The Man On The Street is on the street for a reason.......

Mr. Bad

No.  

I think it's great having people around who offer opinions other than our own. If the only folks posting here were ones that shared the same perspective and viewpoints, we'd look just like a feminist BB.  And we shure as hell don't want that, do we?

I say as long as you can stand the heat, hang out in the kitchen with the big boys.  But if you ever find that can't stand the heat, then by all means hightail it to the parlor where the girls go.
"Men in teams... got the human species from caves to palaces. When we watch men's teams at work, we pay homage to 10,000 years of male achievements; a record of vision, ingenuity and Herculean labor that feminism has been too mean-spirited to acknowledge."  Camille Paglia

D

I voted yes.

I think secretly she wants to leave but needs an excuse to do it.  So I thought I would be a nice guy and help provide it.

I don't know why Lisa worries so much.  

So Lisa what is your purpose here?  Did you think you could come here and convert us or something?  Did you think we would listen to your side and suddenly realize , wow, we've been wrong all along?

Because I seriously doubt you came here to be enriched by what we know and what we're advocating.   But did you?  Have you?

If you stay a little longer  you might become one of the gang.

Most of us here want justice and fairness, and yes we do feel that those things are a threat to feminism, along with the truth.

It is my sincere belief that feminism is neither for women, by women and actually works against women in the long run.  That people in the background who are above the law use it as their tool.

That being said, I also believe that those same groups target men for similiar philosophies, but packaged for men to give the same fall out.  So I don't think it's all just women's fault.

Stay, or leave, the choice is going to have to be yours.  If you leave you won't be letting the "sisterhood" down I assure you.  Live your life, be kind to strangers and enjoy ice-cream on hot days.  Go on dates with nice guys and buy balloons in the park,  if you truely believe in equality perhaps you'll learn that equality is a subjective term and simply work harder to achieve it.

lkanneg

Quote from: "Dan Lynch"
I voted yes.

I think secretly she wants to leave but needs an excuse to do it.  So I thought I would be a nice guy and help provide it.

LOL, don't do that unless you *do* want me to leave...I'm going with the majority vote.  ;)

I don't know why Lisa worries so much.  

Because she can't stand the idea of inflicting herself upon others when she isn't wanted.  Seriously.  Ugh.  This is *your* board, not mine.  NOT a feminist board.  Quite the opposite.  You all may not want the disruption of my presence, or the irrelevance of my opinions, or anything else.

So Lisa what is your purpose here?  Did you think you could come here and convert us or something?  

LOL, definitely *not.*

Did you think we would listen to your side and suddenly realize , wow, we've been wrong all along?

No, not that either.  

Because I seriously doubt you came here to be enriched by what we know and what we're advocating.   But did you?  Have you?

"Enriched?" Not sure.  Educated, interested, entertained, exposed to a broader worldview than I previously owned...yes.  A little depressed too, but hey.  Gotta take the bitter with the sweet.

If you stay a little longer  you might become one of the gang.

(sigh) That'd be lovely, but I doubt it's possible...I *am* a feminist, after all.  At least a few have made it very clear that I will *never* be acceptable.

Stay, or leave, the choice is going to have to be yours.  If you leave you won't be letting the "sisterhood" down I assure you.

;) I know.  Doubtless the two posters that visited here, than I'm acquainted with from another board, think I'm nuts.  They haven't said so in so many words, but I do think they are having a very difficult time getting why I'm still hanging around here.
--Eleanor Roosevelt

"Something which we think is impossible now is not impossible in another decade."

--Janis Joplin

FP

Your poll is incomplete. You forgot to add in "Do you like twinkies or Ho-hos?"

D

Quote from: "lkanneg"

Because she can't stand the idea of inflicting herself upon others when she isn't wanted.  Seriously.  Ugh.  This is *your* board, not mine.  NOT a feminist board.  Quite the opposite.  You all may not want the disruption of my presence, or the irrelevance of my opinions, or anything else.

It's as much as your board as it is mine.

You were envited to this board.  You were envited to come and Stand Your Ground.  If you don't believe me read the opening page.  You were invited I gurantee it.  

And if feminists are all about equal rights than how can this board be "quite the opposite"?  Since everyone here wants equal rights perhaps this is a feminist board.  Am I wrong?

Your presence is not a disruption as far as I can tell.  You have different beliefs, different opinions, so what water is wet, big deal.  One thing you can't argue with is 2 plus 2 equals 4.   So regardless of what you lable yourself eventually you will have to come to objective conclusions sooner or later.  Unless you truely are here to troll, derail threads and basically just silence us.

"Enriched?" Not sure.  Educated, interested, entertained, exposed to a broader worldview than I previously owned...yes.  A little depressed too, but hey.  Gotta take the bitter with the sweet.

You say tomato I say tomato.

What depresses you?

And I think you can be one of the gang.  As for your friends, who cares what they think.

Join us, together we can rule the universe as Lisa and Dan!

Factory

Do what you wish...wouldn't be the first time a feminist left this board because she couldn't take the fact that we don't bow down.  If you think this will cater to our "fragile male egos" by allowing us our time without opposition, then you've read this board wrong.

There will be another along shortly to take your place if you leave...there will be another along shortly to take your side if you stay.  

Whatever....

Darth Sidious

(sigh) That'd be lovely, but I doubt it's possible...I *am* a feminist, after all. At least a few have made it very clear that I will *never* be acceptable.

So long as you are a feminist, you will be considered an enemy by many on this message board.  I take it you are implying you will never change your allegiance.  If so, why should we waste time on someone who stubbornly clings to feminism despite all the facts which expose it for the corrupt, vapid ideology it is?

Darth Sidious

Since everyone here wants equal rights

I certainly don't.  Equality and its bedfellow democracy are fetishes I reject.  No one can ever prove so-and-so is equal to so-and-so.  People just assume everyone is equal.  It is a belief clearly designed to give people "warm fuzzies" inside.

Besides, what exactly do you think rights are?  Are they something we earn, something we fight for?  I don't believe that.  Rights are given to us by God.  Whether or not a government recognizes a right does not make it any less of a right.

lkanneg

What depresses you?

Some of the beliefs and opinions expressed by posters here.  I don't want to offend anybody by pointing out which ones those were, though.

oin us, together we can rule the universe as Lisa and Dan!

;) Only if you promise to remain on the Light Side.
--Eleanor Roosevelt

--Janis Joplin

lkanneg

Quote from: "Darth Sidious"
I take it you are implying you will never change your allegiance.  

No, I'd never say that.  There *is* no ideology that I'm so certain of that I'm willing to take a loyalty oath to it til the day I die.  Life's too much of a learning experience.
--Eleanor Roosevelt

--Janis Joplin

Go Up