Survey Finds More Women Try Bisexuality

Started by angelssk7, Sep 15, 2005, 09:16 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Mr Benn

Quote from: "lkanneg"
I used the word "romantic" because that's what I meant--the women I know that do this, have no romantic interest in other women--they don't want to be engaged to  one, sit on the beach in the moonlight talking about their deep emotional passion for one, etc.  However, they do periodically want to have sexual contact with one, especially if they are engaging in inhibition-lowering activities such as drinking and dancing.

Okay, but there is an interesting point here: do these women desire other women sexually but not 'romantically' because of something innate, or because of social pressures?

When you say "Some", would estimate it as 5%? 50%? 80%?
ww.CoolTools4Men.com

FP

Quote from: "FloorPie"

Well, no doubt some feel that way, what I was saying was that there are actually men out there who feel its demeaning and don't want it done to them.

:shock:

I'm not saying I don't believe you.  I'm just totally amazed, and I have never encountered such a man nor known any woman who has.  Are you sure there are very many of them..?

Oh, I was amazed when I first heard a guy talk about it that way several years ago. Its not many, but I've come across it surprisingly often. Its going to matter on where you live to some extent as well. It happens mostly with those who come from strong religious backgrounds that have been somewhat restrictive regarding sex or from those who have had strong "feminist" background growing up in my experience. Some tolerate the hypocrisy and go down on their women but won't/don't like oral done to themselves because they think it is demeaning to their women. Others don't perform oral sex either.

The Gonzman

Most women?  No.  I don't know what the proportion is.  I'd feel comfortable saying "some."  And I used the word "romantic" because that's what I meant--the women I know that do this, have no romantic interest in other women--they don't want to be engaged to  one, sit on the beach in the moonlight talking about their deep emotional passion for one, etc.  However, they do periodically want to have sexual contact with one, especially if they are engaging in inhibition-lowering activities such as drinking and dancing.

Um - I'll go ahead and be the poop here - having sex with a member of your own sex is what being homosexual is.  I mean, if I went out and just had meaningless one night stand after meaningless one night stand with woman after woman, would I be accused of not being heterosexual?

Okay, well, I do tend to do that - so I guess I have to ask, "Does that make me not straight?"

Homosexual, Bisexual, Heterosexual, Asexual - they just describe sexual behavior, not lifestyle.  It is quite possible to have a sexual relationship with someone devoid of any relationship overtones.  And if women are having sex with women, even without a LTR, while also having sex with men in an LTR, they are still bisexual.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

The Biscuit Queen

That is why homosexuality is IMO choice. You can choose to have sex with men or women. No one is forcing anyone to sleep with anyone else.

It really has nothing to do with love, niether does heterosexuality. That is why it is called homosexuality, not homoromanticism.
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

lkanneg

Quote from: "Gonzokid"
Most women?  No.  I don't know what the proportion is.  I'd feel comfortable saying "some."  And I used the word "romantic" because that's what I meant--the women I know that do this, have no romantic interest in other women--they don't want to be engaged to  one, sit on the beach in the moonlight talking about their deep emotional passion for one, etc.  However, they do periodically want to have sexual contact with one, especially if they are engaging in inhibition-lowering activities such as drinking and dancing.

Um - I'll go ahead and be the poop here - having sex with a member of your own sex is what being homosexual is.  I mean, if I went out and just had meaningless one night stand after meaningless one night stand with woman after woman, would I be accused of not being heterosexual?

Okay, well, I do tend to do that - so I guess I have to ask, "Does that make me not straight?"

Homosexual, Bisexual, Heterosexual, Asexual - they just describe sexual behavior, not lifestyle.  It is quite possible to have a sexual relationship with someone devoid of any relationship overtones.  And if women are having sex with women, even without a LTR, while also having sex with men in an LTR, they are still bisexual.

How are you being a poop?
quot;Remember no one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
--Eleanor Roosevelt

"Something which we think is impossible now is not impossible in another decade."
-- Constance Baker Motley

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got."
--Janis Joplin

lkanneg

Quote from: "Mr Benn"
I used the word "romantic" because that's what I meant--the women I know that do this, have no romantic interest in other women--they don't want to be engaged to  one, sit on the beach in the moonlight talking about their deep emotional passion for one, etc.  However, they do periodically want to have sexual contact with one, especially if they are engaging in inhibition-lowering activities such as drinking and dancing.

Okay, but there is an interesting point here: do these women desire other women sexually but not 'romantically' because of something innate, or because of social pressures?

When you say "Some", would estimate it as 5%? 50%? 80%?

Good question...I don't know the answer!  I'm afraid to estimate, too...less than 50%, would be the best estimate I could provide, because I haven't seen more women behaving that way than not, but I've seen it enough that it's more than a statistical anomaly.
--Eleanor Roosevelt

"Something which we think is impossible now is not impossible in another decade."

--Janis Joplin

Mr Benn

Quote from: "The Biscuit Queen"
That is why homosexuality is IMO choice. You can choose to have sex with men or women. No one is forcing anyone to sleep with anyone else.

But that explains nothing. I don't think anyone was seriously putting forward 'force' as a reason for same sex orientation. The question is: how is the choice made?

Are all women bisexual under the right conditions? Are just some? And if they want sex with a woman (whatever that might mean) why do they not want a relationship? And is the reason they don't want a relationship innate or socially conditioned?
ww.CoolTools4Men.com

Mr Benn

Another question is: do women find it easier to seperate sex with feelings when having sex with another woman than when with a man?
ww.CoolTools4Men.com

typhonblue

So if a woman's most intimate emotional relationships are with women and she is also capable of being sexual with them, why would she continue to call herself heterosexual? What could she possibly get(or give) to men that she can't get(or give) to her female "friends"?

Would a man call himself heterosexual if his most intimate emotional realtionships were with men and he was also capable of being sexual with them? I doubt it.

Further I've noticed that women think nothing of expressing their disgust and adversion over the sexual and physical qualities of men without feeling that their heterosexuality should be questioned. The same cannot be said for men. In fact it seems like men consider valuing women -- at the very least their physical selves and most often their mental qualities as well -- an essential, vital aspect to male heterosexuality. Whereas women do not feel the same-- considering how often I see "X aspect of men's bodies is sooooo gross", "men are pigs and dogs" and "men are emotionaly stunted" bandied about among women who identify as heterosexual.

This leads me to believe that heterosexuality is expressed differently among women and men. For men heterosexuality is based on *valuing* women... from the very basic, her sexual self, to the more complex, her emotional self. And certainly valuing women above men. Women's bodies are "sculpted by god", men's bodies are "flawed and ugly"... Women are emotionally superior, possessing qualities of compassion, careing and refinement,whereas men are emotionally inferior beasts. In fact any expression in a man that he might value other men over women leads others to question his heterosexuality(and thus his masculinity).

For women heterosexuality is not based on valuing men above themselves. In fact it seems there is no real reason for women to want men at all, according to their own statements. They find men's bodies disgusting and their emotional beings stunted and warped. Yet they still get *something* from men... what is it?

Mr Benn

Quote from: "typhonblue"
They find men's bodies disgusting and their emotional beings stunted and warped. Yet they still get *something* from men... what is it?

When she looks in a man's eyes she will see that, in his naive way, he is idealising her as a perfect little innocent angel, whereas another woman would be much more realistic about her true nature.
ww.CoolTools4Men.com

lkanneg

Quote from: "typhonblue"
So if a woman's most intimate emotional relationships are with women and she is also capable of being sexual with them, why would she continue to call herself heterosexual? What could she possibly get(or give) to men that she can't get(or give) to her female "friends"?

The problem I'm having getting your point is, women who classify themselves as heterosexual and who are in a positive romantic relationship with a man tend to characterize that relationship as their most intimate adult emotional relationship.  Women who classify themselves as heterosexual who are not in a relationship with a man, tend to yearn for one with an intensity that they do not yearn for a friendship with a woman.
--Eleanor Roosevelt

--Janis Joplin

Mr Benn

All this talk of romance and yearning, one would think we are back in the 19th Century LOL

Have you actually experienced the 'dating' scene of the youth these days?
ww.CoolTools4Men.com

lkanneg

All this talk of romance and yearning, one would think we are back in the 19th Century LOL

;) Romance and yearning have been around for millenia, Mr. Benn.  

Have you actually experienced the 'dating' scene of the youth these days?

No, just the 20s-30s dating scene.
--Eleanor Roosevelt

--Janis Joplin

Mr Benn

And then along came feminism.

Femininity may have been around for millenia, but I don't see much of it in the West these days.

Besides, I don't think you'll find that most people throughout the past few thousand years had expectations of 'romance' at the fore of their minds. Marriages in the past were far more likely to be about more practical considerations.
ww.CoolTools4Men.com

lkanneg

And then came along feminism.

...and didn't make much of a dent in the yearning.  ;)

"Romance is currently the largest and best-selling fiction genre in North America. It has produced a wide array of subgenres, all of which feature the mutual attraction and love of a man and a woman as the main plot, and have a happy ending."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genre_fiction
--Eleanor Roosevelt

--Janis Joplin

Go Up