Coversation in Counter-Strike

Started by TestSubject, Sep 15, 2005, 10:53 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

TestSubject

So I'm playing Counter-Strike right now, and for those of you who don't know, you can talk in it with mics.  We end up in a discussion over girls and arguing.  A girl there's giving us the usual "that's the only way they can have a conversation with their man" shit, but anyway...

Eventually I mention that girls argue with everyone, each other, not just men.

Somebody speaks up and says, "The only reason girls do that is because they know they can say anything they want to and not get slapped in the face for it."

Also, "Yeah, they're always instigating someone else to do the fighting for them."

I'm telling ya, regular guys aren't oblivious to this stuff.

neonsamurai

Quote from: "TestSubject"
So I'm playing Counter-Strike right now, and for those of you who don't know, you can talk in it with mics.  We end up in a discussion over girls and arguing.  A girl there's giving us the usual "that's the only way they can have a conversation with their man" shit, but anyway...

Eventually I mention that girls argue with everyone, each other, not just men.

Somebody speaks up and says, "The only reason girls do that is because they know they can say anything they want to and not get slapped in the face for it."

Also, "Yeah, they're always instigating someone else to do the fighting for them."

This is happening more and more. I'll drop it into a conversation with friends and (providing their are no girls present) the guys will often air their thoughts about fairness and equality. A lot of them aren't happy and it's a start.

I normally take the chance to debunk a few feminist myths and chuck in a few facts of my own. The main reason a lot of guys don't say these things to women is because they're don't know how to put their point across, or are worried that they'll start an argument.

And of course 'real men don't whine' as a woman once said to me.

But, just for the record, we're allowed to cry. At least that what she said.
Dr. Kathleen Dixon, the Director of Women's Studies: "We forbid any course that says we restrict free speech!"

Wookie

I'm in agreement more and more men are aware of the situation, but for some reason it's just not as much of a priority in their life's yet.

I was over a mates house last night after work having a little toke to relax, there was some other guys there that I know but not well, as I became more relaxed I started getting on my soap box about men's rights, and too my amazement the guys that were there were really interested and actually very knowledgeable about the subject.

So the message is getting out.

Wookie
he Light That Burns Twice As Bright Burns Half As Long - Blade Runner

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

slayton

Regular guys?

...more like guys with guns in their hands... :)

BTW, what was the girl's response?

TestSubject

lol, all I meant by "regular" was "non-MRA." One girl couldn't hear us because her headphones are broken (at least, so she says).  Thankfully so because she's not particularly nice at times.  "Liar, typical man," is one of her comments that stick in my mind.  The other girl didn't say anything.

Girls don't get too lippy on the server I play on so the chance of them starting shit is slim.  I don't expect them to try and cop and attitude on a server full of guys that say things like... how did n8 put it last night, "I don't need a date or anything, I just need a fuckhole."

Trapped

lol I often play counter strike:source and I once called myself fathers4justice anti feminazi. I didnt get much of a response but alot of people liked the name. :)

TestSubject

70.86.47.130:27015

IP to the CS:S server I play on regularly (a little too regularly).  Drop by some time.

Trapped

70.86.47.130:27015

IP to the CS:S server I play on regularly (a little too regularly).  Drop by some time.

Thanks  :D

realman

"The main reason a lot of guys don't say these things to women is because they're don't know how to put their point across, or are worried that they'll start an argument. "

I think an even more powerful incentive for gusy to "sit down and shut up" is that a.) if wor dgets around that they don't give the girl her way, they'll be seen as "than woman-hating chauvinist pig", b.) if they're in a relationship, they jeopardize the entire relationship by risking making "cupcake" unhappy and not just agreeing with her, and c.) ditto for automatic withdrawal of sexual relations if "cupcake" is displeased, even if the relationship remains intact the witholding of sex will be used as a means of enforcing "good behavior" on the guy's part.

Go Up