OT: Online Gaming - Do you play?

Started by neonsamurai, Sep 19, 2005, 03:00 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

neonsamurai

I'm probably going to succumb to broadband at home (finally), mainly so I can get to grips with online gaming. I play a lot of Operation: Flashpoint over a LAN, but wondered if there were any good online games worth looking into, or if there was a SYG clan online somewhere?

Anyone playing anything good at the moment?
Dr. Kathleen Dixon, the Director of Women's Studies: "We forbid any course that says we restrict free speech!"

lkanneg

Quote from: "neonsamurai"
I'm probably going to succumb to broadband at home (finally), mainly so I can get to grips with online gaming. I play a lot of Operation: Flashpoint over a LAN, but wondered if there were any good online games worth looking into, or if there was a SYG clan online somewhere?

Anyone playing anything good at the moment?

Both my older son and my ex-husband have warned me not to even touch World of Warcraft, because it is so addictive that I will lose interest in all life outside of it.  ;)  (they're already addicted)
quot;Remember no one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
--Eleanor Roosevelt

"Something which we think is impossible now is not impossible in another decade."
-- Constance Baker Motley

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got."
--Janis Joplin

Julian

I'm using this site at the mo www.moneygaming.com

I like to have a game of online pool and a game trying to pot all the balls. i don't do the gambling bit just the practice.

TheManOnTheStreet

Halflife and all it's "mods".

Mods: modifications doe to the original source to create another game, such as Counter-strike.

Al
The Man On The Street is on the street for a reason.......

neonsamurai

I've got friends who play WoW and it sounds waaaay to addictive for someone as weak willed as myself. If I started playing that I think I'd have to give up on all other areas of my life.

I used to play Day of Defeat for a while a few years back. That was pretty good in a quick-to-get-into kind of way, but I don't think they've released it for the HL2 code yet, unless I'm mistaken.

Others I've heard good things about are City of Heroes, Guildwars and Battlefield 2. Anyone have any experience of them?
Dr. Kathleen Dixon, the Director of Women's Studies: "We forbid any course that says we restrict free speech!"

TestSubject

WoW sucks.  I can't believe people actually let themselves be fooled into playing subscription games, especially RPGs at that.  Also, thanks to WoW, Blizzard has pulled the plug on support for many of its older games.  That's bullshit.

You're right, neon, Day of Defeat: Source hasn't been released yet, but it's very close to being released.  At the moment I've been losing track of all kinds of time playing the Half-Life 2 mod Counter-Strike: Source.

I remember Operation Flashpoint!  That was a good one!  I wish I still had it.

Haha, we should all find a game we like and start the SYG clan.

Anybody here still play StarCraft?

sethay

lol...i am pretty big into gaming.  8)  or should it be  :oops:

I tend to play a bit of everything...WoW, Guildwars, HL2, CS:Source, Joint Ops...and yes, back in the day I played starcraft.

I started a clan with some friends in Raven Shield, we did a lot of laddering and tournaments and stuff.  It was a fun way to socialize with other guys/men w/o having my wife involved.

Video games is probably the only area in my life where my wife doesn't influence the purchasing.

slayton

Quote from: "TestSubject"
Anybody here still play StarCraft?

No, but I end up playing Warcratf 2: Beyong the dark portal every couple of years, haha.

typhonblue

WoW.

City of Heros is also good.

Lineage two sucks for one very specific reason: unmoderated player vs. player kills.
If you're a noob you'll die over and over and over because some asshole level 20 kid is noob-hunting. It's almost impossible to level up.

As for non-MMORPGs... try Stranger's Wrath. It's somewhat independant and off-beat but I thought it was even better then Halo 2. (I beat that game too fast. 3 days.)

I also like the multiplayer RPCs D & D type games(bioware) that you can play with two people. My husband and I usually play those together.

The Gonzman

Not much of a computer gamer.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

FP

WoW and pretty much only WoW these days.

typhonblue

Quote from: "FloorPie"
WoW and pretty much only WoW these days.

If you want to expand your horizons a bit... you should try City of Heros... it's really good too.

The Gonzman

Maybe if "Wing Comander" had some online thing once upon a time - I'm a tabletop gamer, myself.  And if RPing, I much prefer a live DM.  I've yet to see the online game that will allow me to pick up a zombie while in a berserker rage and throw a smackdown on the trolls.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

Cudaguy

I do my online gaming in a racecar.
rFactor just hit the shelves, sorta.
I race 3 nights a week in Formula 3 cars on road courses.
I used to race GTR online and had a chance to make a video of a race.
http://www.racingtexas.com/media/race_replays/gtr/GTR%20at%20Pergusa.wmv

:wink:  :D  :D

Cuda
img]http://home.ripway.com/2005-2/256769/freekzippyffcatsig.jpg[/img]

Pernicious

Wow, I used to be a gamer, but do not have as much time to play games as I want to

Current Games:
Asheron's Call
Battlefield 2

Occasional Games:
Guild Wars
City of Heroes (Will start playing again when City of Villans comes out)

Anticipated Games
Age of Empires III
City of Villans

Most of my free time I do not have the energy to play computer games, I would rather be doing something else.
 do what I need to do to protect my loved ones, friends, and family. This is what men do.

Go Up