VAWA Expires! Our Nation Descends into Chaos!

Started by Roy, Oct 02, 2005, 07:50 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

dr e

Roy said:
You always lose, but (the game's genius) you don't know you lost.

lol Roy!  That sounds like a metaphor for being a man! :mrgreen:
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

Roy

DR. E. --

Roy said:Quote:
You always lose, but (the game's genius) you don't know you lost.

lol Roy! That sounds like a metaphor for being a man!

I had figured you were basically a Jungian...

Now I'm confused.   :shock:
It's a terrible thing ... living in fear." (Roy - hunted replicant. "Blade Runner.")

dr e

Well, i guess I am more an Oldian.   8)
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

Roy

And we have proved ---

Discussing dead white shrink/psychologists is the kiss of death for any SYG thread!  :(

Let's talk about Dr. Phil, OK?

That should resurrect this thread in a hurry.

I will go first.

Dr. Phil is the anti-christ.

Tell me I'm wrong....    :wink:
It's a terrible thing ... living in fear." (Roy - hunted replicant. "Blade Runner.")

TerryGale

Quote from: "Roy"
And we have proved ---

Discussing dead white shrink/psychologists is the kiss of death for any SYG thread!  :(

Let's talk about Dr. Phil, OK?

That should resurrect this thread in a hurry.

I will go first.

Dr. Phil is the anti-christ.

Tell me I'm wrong....
  :wink:
You may be giving him too much credit...  When they do the history books for this time, he will be one of many "snake oil salesmen."  The travelling wagon and portable wooden soapbox platform have been replaced by a TV studio sets custom designed with each salesperson's logo.  Dr. Phil like all the others cherry-picks his guests and figures out who will be the quickest fix.  Bottles of potion have been replaced with their books, CDs, and whatever else advertisers/sponsors are willing to "throw in" for a "plug."

Roy

Back-on-topic ....  :oops:

The National Organization for Women issued a press release today urging that people urge the Senate and House to urgently convene the Conference Committee that will iron out the differences between the two now-passed VAWA '05 bills.

If you subscribe to N.O.W.'s press release service, you'll quickly learn that everything N.O.W. communicates is (a) urgent (b) extremely urgent or (c) tragically really extremely urgent.

Do you think this is hormonally-induced?

---------

Tell Congress to Finalize VAWA!
VAWA Has Passed Senate But Fate in Hands of Conference Committee
Sign the Petition Now!

On Tuesday afternoon, October 4, the Senate passed its version of VAWA 2005, S. 1197, by a unanimous consent agreement, meaning that all of the Senators had no objections (or had withdrawn their objections) to the bill. A less comprehensive version of VAWA 2005 passed the House of Representatives on September 28 as H.R. 3402, the Department of Justice's yearly authorizing and funding bill.

While the House version included reauthorization of crucial VAWA programs, it does not achieve all that is needed. At the last minute just before the vote, the Republican leadership dropped important provisions dealing with immigrants and women of color.

The Senate bill still includes many of these House-dropped provisions, but faced its own trimming as a key program was dropped that would have extended coverage for unemployment insurance to domestic violence survivors who lose their jobs as they hide or flee from violence.

Whenever there are differences between similar bills that are passed in the House and Senate a "conference committee" with representatives from both houses, must meet to work out the differences between the two bills and come up with one final bill before the President can sign it.

These meetings must be convened as speedily as possible because the ten-year-old Violence Against Women Act expired on September 30th and we must ensure that programs and services will not be denied, delayed or deferred.

Sign a petition to Congressional leaders demanding that they begin work on finalizing the reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act immediately.
A petition to the bi-partisan leaders of the U.S. Congress

Please convene a conference committee immediately to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act of 2005. This landmark Act ran out September 30 and must be continued and enhanced as soon as possible.

We urge you to craft the strongest possible VAWA from both the House and Senate bills - one that not only continues programs and services, but also addresses violence in our country's diverse cultural, religious, ethnic, age and ability communities.

Please don't miss this chance to: help immigrant families dealing with violence; address youth and teen dating violence; enrich and expand programs and services in order to address the cultural, religious and ethnic aspects of treating and preventing domestic and sexual violence; and provide economic support for victims escaping violence, such as housing and coverage under unemployment insurance.

Thank you for making this a top priority.

http://www.now.org/issues/violence/vawa/petition.html

Galt

SecondToDie

You know, I think I'm starting to become a libertarian.  I'm getting sick of fucking feminists and their male useful idiots ranting about how the fucking FEDERAL government needs to pass laws to stop violence against women.  Why the hell is law enforcement now the responsibility of the federal government?  And don't these feminazis know that violence against women (and men, too) is already illegal in all states?

Roy

A lot has been written about how every VAWA  "violence against women" argument is already defined as illegal under older laws against battery, assault, homicide, etc.

In other words, all the laws that VAWA claims to need have been in place for decades.

But that is missing the point.

VAWA is not about making needed laws, it is about creating a feminist assault-system against men.

What VAWA does is extend the legal definition of crime --- and only applied to men's behaviors -- to include things like "He ignored me!" "I am afraid of him!" -- and -- "He refused to let me spend all of his money!"

If you are confused about how this has become the law of the land, Google "Duluth Model" and read all about the feminazis' power and control ideology.

Sir Jessy of Anti

The National Organization for Women issued a press release today urging that people urge the Senate and House to urgently convene the Conference Committee that will iron out the differences between the two now-passed VAWA '05 bills.

If you subscribe to N.O.W.'s press release service, you'll quickly learn that everything N.O.W. communicates is (a) urgent (b) extremely urgent or (c) tragically really extremely urgent.

Hillarious.[/quote]
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand<br /><br />

Sir Jessy of Anti

Hillarious.
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand<br /><br />

Go Up