OK, I've found an analogue to the boy bashing shirts

Started by SouthernGuy, Oct 07, 2005, 04:34 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

contrarymary

Quote from: "The Biscuit Queen"
Could be right, a 70-80 yr old woman (acordng to police) could be offended by this "Bollocks to Blair" T-Shirt

I would have complained. That sort of blatent use of obscenitites to get a reaction is not free speach, it is stupidity. You have a right to say what you need to, but not exactly HOW you want to, if it is obviously offensive and inappropriate. What the hell was she thinking wearing that shirt knowing there would be kids around.

She is an idiot. God help us all from idiots with a copy of Constitution for Dummies in their desk.

Respectfully, would you have complained if the shirt had said CLINTON IS A FUCKER?

This is a sincere question.  I'd really like to know.
quot;I can resist anything but temptation."

Oscar Wilde

Darth Sidious

Quote from: "contrarymary"
Respectfully, would you have complained if the shirt had said CLINTON IS A FUCKER?

This is a sincere question.  I'd really like to know.

I cannot really speak for Biscuit Queen, but I think it likely she will agree with what I am about to say on the matter.

If anyone wanted to wear a shirt critical of a politician, that is fine; go right ahead.  That does not mean I agree with what appears on said shirts.  But if someone sees fit to interject obscenities in them, I think they have crossed the line.  Do we really need to promote crass conversation through what we wear?  The salty language we as a people use is bad enough already.  Besides, as Biscuit Queen mentioned, some children most likely were aware of what was on the shirt.  Why should we needlessly expose kids to vulgar words just so someone can get a few shots in at some politician?

The Biscuit Queen

Absolutely. I would have complained if the shirt just said FUCKERS, with no pictures or other words.
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

contrarymary

I would never wear a shirt which used that word -  I use it often enough (I was a Jehovah's Witness for 9 years and I never swore - so now I'm getting my fill), but it's not appropriate on a shirt one is wearing in public.
quot;I can resist anything but temptation."

Oscar Wilde

The Biscuit Queen

Exactly. It was so annoying to see this pig of a woman bitch about her rights to free speech, when all she was doing was being vulgar and ignorant. She was the typical stereotype of Ugly American. Saying swear words on-line in an adult forum or in private is one thing. Wearing them inpublic so that everyone can see it is another.
he Biscuit Queen

Gerard Velthuis

Great. One man wearing a pro-male anti-feminist t-shirt. I guess that will change the world. Also, chances are that after being cursed out by several people, and of course you will get no back up from other men, you will leave the t-shirt at home.
t is time men start behaving like men again and stand up for their rights, instead of behaving like conformist push-overs.

The Biscuit Queen

Gerard, are you trying to discourage someone from trying to be active in men's rights?

Can I ask what your point is? Or what you are doing that is so much more important or effective?
he Biscuit Queen

Gerard Velthuis

Look it is a nice idea. All I am saying is that ideas like these are futile.
t is time men start behaving like men again and stand up for their rights, instead of behaving like conformist push-overs.

The Biscuit Queen

Gerard, by saying things like this, not only are you not helping, you are actively hurting. If even one person reads his shirt and asks him a question about it, it was not futile. Movements are not made by huge actions involving thousands of people. They are made one person at a time.

I think that it is far more commendable to try something, anything, than to sit back in judgement and do nothing.
he Biscuit Queen

Gerard Velthuis

Well all I am reading are little and small actions taking place.
Such actions are nice however I am affraid most of them are futile and maybe even counter-effective, since it may stir more hatred towards anti-feminism. Or it might create more sympathy for feminism.

What we need is not lots of small and incremental actions taking place.
We need one (or a couple) of big actions, if the men's movement ever will be noticed.

As I said it before. You can use all your gun powder at several targets at the same time and waste it all. Or you can focus all you got on one target and destroy it.

Go Up