Daily dose of female violence

Started by SouthernGuy, Oct 20, 2005, 12:25 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

SouthernGuy

http://www.sacbee.com/state_wire/story/13737513p-14579459c.html

LONG BEACH, Calif. (AP) - The wife of a Banning High School teacher was convicted of killing him in their San Pedro home by stabbing him in the eye with scissors.

Jurors on Tuesday found Nancy Larios, 56, guilty of murdering Luis Larios, 59, for financial gain, a special circumstance making her eligible for the death penalty. Superior Court Judge Arthur Jean immediately sentenced her to life in prison without possibility of parole.

The Larios marriage had been troubled for years, investigators said. On Aug. 22, 2004, the couple was watching television and drinking brandy in an upstairs bedroom when Larios said she was annoyed with her husband for playing with his beard.

She used duct tape to strap him into an office chair, hit him in the head with what may have been an iron and jabbed scissors into his eye, prosecutors said. The blow and the stab wound were both fatal injuries, the coroner said.

Mrs. Larios then dragged him downstairs to make it appear that he fell, and spent anywhere from half an hour to four hours cleaning up, bandaging his eye and attempting to call a priest, witnesses testified. She finally called 911 just before 1 a.m. on Aug. 23, 2004.

She told detectives she cleaned up his blood, urine and vomit because she didn't want a priest to see him like that, authorities said.

"I just can't tell you how happy I am about this verdict. She killed him off at the soul years ago," said family friend Emily White, who testified during the trial.

Fun stuff...

SecondToDie

What the hell?  How does murdering him for financial gain make her ineligible for the death penalty?  Regardless, it's good she was sentanced to life in prison without parole instead of, say, 10 years in prison.  I'm glad some judges aren't going easy on women.

slayton

Never understood what's the point of the "life without parole" punishment.

TerryGale

But, but, women are never violent.. repeat...

Two women face felony trials for snake in bed "booby-trap" (placing dead, but still venomous rattler in 3rd woman's bed)...  It will be interesting to see if anyone ever says why....

I didn't open this link.  MND's lead-in was enough...
Woman jailed for boiling cat in front of her daughters, aged five and 15...

Kyo

Quote from: "SecondToDie"
What the hell?  How does murdering him for financial gain make her ineligible for the death penalty?  Regardless, it's good she was sentanced to life in prison without parole instead of, say, 10 years in prison.  I'm glad some judges aren't going easy on women.

SecondToDie, give it another look.  She is eligible for the death penalty because she murdered him for financial gain.  Presumably, had she murdered him in a fit of rage or some such, she would just get prison.

fezzik

Quote from: "Slaytan"
Never understood what's the point of the "life without parole" punishment.

People sometimes get convicted despite not having committed the crime. It's much more difficult to un-execute someone than it is to release them from prison.

Considering the bias against men in both pursuing convictions and in sentencing, I'm all for less-than-death sentences.
Are you a man?', that's what she asked, as if I were wearing a man mask. -- Sean Altman

no2fembots

"She killed him off at the soul years ago," said family friend Emily White, who testified during the trial.

Gotta remember that line!  HolyMoly!
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."  - Winston Churchill

"Get Angry...Get Loud... GET UP off your KNEES!"

Go Up