Are Feminists Sociopaths? You Decide....

Started by Roy, Nov 13, 2005, 10:18 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Roy

The more that I have pondered the generic behaviors of radical feminists, the more I have come to suspect that feminism is a personality disorder masquerading as a social movement.

This led me to wonder about actual clinical criteria for PBD's as defined by the professional psychiatric community.

One doesn't have to dig too deep to find repeated references to psychopathy, anti-social disorders, and sociopathology.

Do these clinical descriptions have any relevant relationship to feminism today?

* AGGRESSIVE SOCIOPATHS derive strong, yet nonperverse gratification from harming others. They like to hurt, frighten, tyrannize, bully, and manipulate. They do it for a sense of power and control, and will often only drop subtle hints about what they are up to. They polish their aggressive, domineering manner in such a way to disguise any intimidation others might feel.

They seek out positions of power, such as parent, teacher, bureaucrat, supervisor, or police officer. Their style is one of passive aggression as they systematically go about sabotaging the ideas of others to get their ideas in place. ... They are usually effective at getting their way, and are especially vindictive if resisted or crossed. They don't follow the social norm of reciprocity like others do.

(A Checklist of Sociopathic Traits - PCL-R by Hare.):

1. GLIB and SUPERFICIAL CHARM -- the tendency to be smooth, engaging, charming, slick, and verbally facile. Psychopathic charm is not in the least shy, self-conscious, or afraid to say anything. A psychopath never gets tongue-tied. They have freed themselves from the social conventions about taking turns in talking, for example.

2. GRANDIOSE SELF-WORTH -- a grossly inflated view of one's abilities and self-worth, self-assured, opinionated, cocky, a braggart. Psychopaths are arrogant people who believe they are superior human beings.

3. NEED FOR STIMULATION or PRONENESS TO BOREDOM -- an excessive need for novel, thrilling, and exciting stimulation; taking chances and doing things that are risky. Psychopaths often have a low self-discipline in carrying tasks through to completion because they get bored easily. They fail to work at the same job for any length of time, for example, or to finish tasks that they consider dull or routine.

4. PATHOLOGICAL LYING -- can be moderate or high; in moderate form, they will be shrewd, crafty, cunning, sly, and clever; in extreme form, they will be deceptive, deceitful, underhanded, unscrupulous, manipulative, and dishonest.

5. CONNING AND MANIPULATIVENESS- the use of deceit and deception to cheat, con, or defraud others for personal gain; distinguished from Item #4 in the degree to which exploitation and callous ruthlessness is present, as reflected in a lack of concern for the feelings and suffering of one's victims.

6. LACK OF REMORSE OR GUILT -- a lack of feelings or concern for the losses, pain, and suffering of victims; a tendency to be unconcerned, dispassionate, coldhearted, and unempathic. This item is usually demonstrated by a disdain for one's victims.

7. SHALLOW AFFECT -- emotional poverty or a limited range or depth of feelings; interpersonal coldness in spite of signs of open gregariousness.

8. CALLOUSNESS and LACK OF EMPATHY -- a lack of feelings toward people in general; cold, contemptuous, inconsiderate, and tactless.

9. PARASITIC LIFESTYLE -- an intentional, manipulative, selfish, and exploitative financial dependence on others as reflected in a lack of motivation, low self-discipline, and inability to begin or complete responsibilities.

10. POOR BEHAVIORAL CONTROLS -- expressions of irritability, annoyance, impatience, threats, aggression, and verbal abuse; inadequate control of anger and temper; acting hastily.

11. PROMISCUOUS SEXUAL BEHAVIOR -- a variety of brief, superficial relations, numerous affairs, and an indiscriminate selection of sexual partners; the maintenance of several relationships at the same time; a history of attempts to sexually coerce others into sexual activity or taking great pride at discussing sexual exploits or conquests.

12. EARLY BEHAVIOR PROBLEMS -- a variety of behaviors prior to age 13, including lying, theft, cheating, vandalism, bullying, sexual activity, fire-setting, glue-sniffing, alcohol use, and running away from home.

13. LACK OF REALISTIC, LONG-TERM GOALS -- an inability or persistent failure to develop and execute long-term plans and goals; a nomadic existence, aimless, lacking direction in life.

14. IMPULSIVITY -- the occurrence of behaviors that are unpremeditated and lack reflection or planning; inability to resist temptation, frustrations, and urges; a lack of deliberation without considering the consequences; foolhardy, rash, unpredictable, erratic, and reckless.

15. IRRESPONSIBILITY -- repeated failure to fulfill or honor obligations and commitments; such as not paying bills, defaulting on loans, performing sloppy work, being absent or late to work, failing to honor contractual agreements.

16. FAILURE TO ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR OWN ACTIONS -- a failure to accept responsibility for one's actions reflected in low conscientiousness, an absence of dutifulness, antagonistic manipulation, denial of responsibility, and an effort to manipulate others through this denial.

17. MANY SHORT-TERM MARITAL RELATIONSHIPS -- a lack of commitment to a long-term relationship reflected in inconsistent, undependable, and unreliable commitments in life, including marital.

18. JUVENILE DELINQUENCY -- behavior problems between the ages of 13-18; mostly behaviors that are crimes or clearly involve aspects of antagonism, exploitation, aggression, manipulation, or a callous, ruthless tough-mindedness.

19. REVOCATION OF CONDITION RELEASE -- a revocation of probation or other conditional release due to technical violations, such as carelessness, low deliberation, or failing to appear.

20. CRIMINAL VERSATILITY -- a diversity of types of criminal offenses, regardless if the person has been arrested or convicted for them; taking great pride at getting away with crimes.  

http://faculty.ncwc.edu/toconnor/428/428lect16.htm
It's a terrible thing ... living in fear." (Roy - hunted replicant. "Blade Runner.")

johnnyp

lol - I have never thought of it that way.  I usually think of feminists like teenagers - struggling with independance from parents while still wanting the safety parents provide.

Looking at the sociopath list - feminists seem to fit all of the items (so to teenagers)
 woman needs a man like a fish needs water

Roy

johnnyp --
I usually think of feminists like teenagers ....

That observation is very precise, and , ummm.... insightful.

Because all of the criteria for sociopathic behaviors above really boil down to a refusal to accept responsibility for one's own choices.

Feminism as a social movement --- arguably -- has devolved from a political movement for equal rights into a therapeutic movement for permanent alibis for all women who earnestly seek an escape from self-accountability.

So Jp's argument is a part of the larger critique of feminism....

That it turns all women who adopt its ideology into victims, and eventually (after the facade of victim-power grows old), into adult-infants, with really bad attitudes and a penchant for denying how their own choices have led to NOW. (That is, my horrible moment of recognizing how I bought into this feminist dementia...  or, just "Oh, shit, I'm f@#k$d"!)

I have yet to meet an intelligent man who wants his partner-in-life, his wife, his "cohabitant," to be a moron-with-a-vagina, or childlike.

Feminists continue to insist that women should "not grow up."

That's a very odd definition of "liberation."
It's a terrible thing ... living in fear." (Roy - hunted replicant. "Blade Runner.")

Conlay

Feb 14, 2017, 11:41 PM Last Edit: Dec 07, 2023, 12:30 PM by Conlay
Exactly what I thought. Feminists are taking it to a new level now though.

Go Up