Can You Actually Have a Relationship with a Feminist?

Started by Roy, Nov 19, 2005, 12:03 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Rob

I find the most frustrating thing is that often you don't find out that she's a feminist until it's far too late.

I'm in my mid 30's now, and have had 3 serious relationships in my life, and in my experience, the girls are all pretty nice nice and vehemently deny that they are feminists. (As Trish Wilson will attest to if you google this feminists name around the net), however, the problems seem to most significantly arise when you're sweetie lover who'se been an angel for a few years, decides that its time to move on (for me, everytime it's been another guy behind my back - makes me wonder if men should start addressing the passive aggressiveness of women - there's a reason to act coy, you know).

In MY experience, every time that this has happened, all of a sudden the feminist bs has suddenly come out of the closet, and suddenly all of her friends are in full agreement, leaving me, the white oppressive male, as the asshole for society to direct their scorn to. Which, in turn, makes me shut off society, making me more anti social, which in turn, makes me more of what I was accused of in the first place. Am I the problem, or am I the problem of my circumstance?

lkanneg

This is a lot like shopping in Mexico.   :)

Dr. E--how about this: I figured out how to do the author and keyword search and found the 25 hits you mentioned for author=lkanneg and keyword=research.  I will start a separate thread and address each one, not posting elsewhere until I have made at least one post per issue raised in the 25 hits.  

Let me know!

Lisa
quot;Remember no one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
--Eleanor Roosevelt

"Something which we think is impossible now is not impossible in another decade."
-- Constance Baker Motley

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got."
--Janis Joplin

lkanneg

Quote from: "IMHO"
We have different perceptions of what's "common" behavior and what isn't, IMHO. When I have multiple experiences that are opposite of what you say is "common behavior," then I consider what you say to be the exception, and what I experience to be common behavior.

Ikanneg, did you post as "kirsten" on iFeminists? Because you play the same shell game she does.

Not a clue who Kirsten is, and I never posted on iFeminists.
--Eleanor Roosevelt

"Something which we think is impossible now is not impossible in another decade."

--Janis Joplin

jaketk

Quote from: "Rob"
In MY experience, every time that this has happened, all of a sudden the feminist bs has suddenly come out of the closet, and suddenly all of her friends are in full agreement, leaving me, the white oppressive male, as the asshole for society to direct their scorn to. Which, in turn, makes me shut off society, making me more anti social, which in turn, makes me more of what I was accused of in the first place.

perhaps that is the idea.

Roy

IK --
Dr. E--how about this: I figured out how to do the author and keyword search and found the 25 hits you mentioned for author=lkanneg and keyword=research. I will start a separate thread and address each one, not posting elsewhere until I have made at least one post per issue raised in the 25 hits

That, my dear....

Would be my definition of HELL!

Unless you are naked while typing it all up....    :lol:
It's a terrible thing ... living in fear." (Roy - hunted replicant. "Blade Runner.")

dr e

Go for it Lisa.  The problem of course is that the word "research" is not the only word you used when you backed out of a discussion.  I would welcome your starting the process of making things right.  Good.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

lkanneg

Quote from: "Roy"
IK --
Dr. E--how about this: I figured out how to do the author and keyword search and found the 25 hits you mentioned for author=lkanneg and keyword=research. I will start a separate thread and address each one, not posting elsewhere until I have made at least one post per issue raised in the 25 hits

That, my dear....

Would be my definition of HELL!

Unless you are naked while typing it all up....    :lol:

You're more than welcome to visualize whatever you like, of course.   :twisted:
--Eleanor Roosevelt

--Janis Joplin

lkanneg

Quote from: "Dr Evil"
Go for it Lisa.  The problem of course is that the word "research" is not the only word you used when you backed out of a discussion.  I would welcome your starting the process of making things right.  Good.

Well, Dr. E, this will also have to FINISH the process of "making it right."  I have no interest in an open-ended, impossible-to-ever-satisfy penance for my perceived "wrongs."  Hell, I don't do that in my real relationships.  (I hope nobody here does either.  Very unhealthy!)
--Eleanor Roosevelt

--Janis Joplin

dr e

Lisa - At least you are acknowledging that you have left threads unanswered and that there are so many it would be a huge task to find all of those.  That's a good start in taking responsibility.  Good on you.  I look forward to seeing your thread.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

SIAM

Well, Dr. E, this will also have to FINISH the process of "making it right." I have no interest in an open-ended, impossible-to-ever-satisfy penance for my perceived "wrongs." Hell, I don't do that in my real relationships. (I hope nobody here does either. Very unhealthy!)

(my emphasis)

It's not a penance, it's a responsibility. When you open a debate or involve yourself in one, you don't just duck out of difficult questions.  You do this a lot.  To call taking responsibility a "penance" says more about you than anything else.

Cordell Walker

I have a dear friend who is both a fembot and a libtard........................we talk for hours at a time.........2 and a hlf last night, 4 arguments
"how can you kill women and children?"---private joker
"Easy, ya just dont lead em as much" ---Animal Mother

Peter

There are basically two types of feminists: by stupidity and by ideology (evilness).

I stay away from both, even if the company of the stupid can be quite fun, even if a waste of time.
BM-NByw7VE2PwjfTtsVdeE5ipuqx1AqkEv1

typhonblue

There are basically two types of feminists: by stupidity and by ideology (evilness).

Actually, I find that the two types of feminists are these:

Feminist-by-Convienence (the amount of women in the west who are not in this catagory is statistically insignificant. I'm talking one in a thousand or less.)

Feminist-by-Conviction -- the loudest, most strident and dogmatic of feminists. These feminists got bit by the feminist bug due to being abused by men. A good portion of these women were abused by a stepdad or boyfriend of their mom. They don't recognize that being placed in potentially dangerous situation by mom is one point on a continuum of mother-perpetuated-abuse. And that their moms, in all probabilty, started them on the path of being used as an emotional and sexual convience. Mom thought of them as an object to be handed around and abused at mom's behest. Ironically these women will spend hours ranting about mother while still blaming the patriarchy for the ills in their lives. The hardest abuse to acknowledge is mother-perpetuated-abuse, and the woman who was abused by mom will spend her life pointing fingers at everyone who doesn't look like mom to excuse mom's abuse.

Peter

Sep 21, 2007, 03:36 AM Last Edit: Sep 21, 2007, 03:39 AM by Peter

Actually, I find that the two types of feminists are these:

Feminist-by-Convienence (the amount of women in the west who are not in this catagory is statistically insignificant. I'm talking one in a thousand or less.)

Yes, surely a lot a lot of women are feminists for the benefits of it.  The picture in the USA may be a bit different from here, because the material benefits  of feminism  are less visible here in Europe.

Feminist-by-Conviction -- the loudest, most strident and dogmatic of feminists. These feminists got bit by the feminist bug due to being abused by men.

Interesting. I have not really found out much about what makes someone a Convicted  Feminist, abuse or lesbianism or something else. I should try to find out.

Surely my main classification comes from my personal  experience where I have met some followers  who seem to be more misguided do-gooders than greedy and some strident ideologists.

Off topic: For curiosity what is the Yaoi in your signature. The link does not work.
BM-NByw7VE2PwjfTtsVdeE5ipuqx1AqkEv1

bachelor tom

Zealots of any kind make poor playmates imo
political correctness = patriarchal chivalry + matriarchal victimology

Go Up