News Media, covers female violence victims - excludes males

Started by Men's Rights Activist, Nov 23, 2005, 03:55 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Men's Rights Activist

18 to 39 year-old, upper-middle-class women  :female:  are the preicise target group that the news is tailored for (as dictated by advertisers), and 18 to 49 year-old, upper-middle-class women  :female: are the overall target.

Tom Bettag, senior executive producer of ABC's Nightline, explains that
the target demographic of 30-something upper-middle-class women  :female:  is why
stories such as the Laci Peterson murder get disproportionate coverage

Listen to the interview on NPR's Morning Edition:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5022697  It's a fairly short segment and well worth hearing, at least once.

:yes:  :yes:  :yes: Okay, okay, if any man today didn't already have a general idea something like that was going on he's:

A. not reading SYG,
B. been stranded on the space station for the past 35 years.  
C. a mindless, automoton (robot), news anchor  
D. dead
E. any combination of the above
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

Roy

It's a worthwhile audio stream, making the point that news is no longer news.... it's a commodity, a product.

I didn't know that the "central demographic" that newscasters are aiming to attract is 18 - 39 year-old, middle-to-upper-class women.

But it makes perfect sense.

Women claim they still only earn 76-cents for every dollar a man earns, but all the studies show that women control 80% of domestic spending. (That means their own dollars plus hubby's wallet and plastic...)

So, if your newscast is just a lure for consumers to spend their money for your advertisers, it is totally logical to cater to "stories" that those female shopaholics will find interesting.

The newscast is merely the mindless digital glue that binds the shopper to the vendor now.

And even the "news" is an advertisement.

I cannot speak with any current knowledge about TV news, because I have not watched television for three years now.

I was surprised how painless it was to just go "cold turkey" on the boob tube.

I've always liked original texts over canned media spam.

Of course, now I'm addicted to SYG!   :oops:

(At least a better and more objective source of news and opinion!)

When I figure out how to sue Dr. Evil for emotional distress, I will start my own web site and will have a lucrative bank pandering to 18 - 39 year-old women who were the indirect victims of his evil ideology!

I'm just waiting for VAWA 2005 to pass Congress. It has expanded the legal definition of "abuse" so diabolically that I can use it to make my case.
It's a terrible thing ... living in fear." (Roy - hunted replicant. "Blade Runner.")

Go Up