Disney, Pixar, Dreamworks etc., groin kicks in their movies

Started by Gerard Velthuis, Dec 26, 2005, 09:06 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Gerard Velthuis

Disney, Pixar (e.g. ToyStory) and Dreamworks are famous for their kids movies. One thing that bothers me a lot is despite the fact that these are kids movies there is always some groinkicking involved in these movies. Is that something that should be regarded as funny?? Is that something we want our kids to be laughing about??? How come u never see anybody punch a woman in her tits (or also crotch) but u always see men getting hit in their groins???

In madagascar (Dreamworks) I saw a promo (haven't seen the full-movie) and I saw the lion being kicked in the groin twice.

In the Hunchback of Notre Dame (Disney) I saw three soldiers being kicked in the groin (at the same time) by person walking on stilts. (I didn't see the whole thing so there might be more examples in this movie).

I don't see that many of these movies, certainly not the most recent ones, so I can't tell which movies contain more of this violence.
Maybe some people can help me out here...

The thing is, I can't believe we allow our kids to watch sequences like these in such movies. I can't believe these studios are creating this crap in their movies. Our kids are growing up with the advise that hitting women / girls is not tolerable no matter what situation, but men being kicked in their groins is funny.

I think we should notify these studios (or the public about this) or try some kind of activism against them. I can't believe we are tolerating this, these are not the things our little children should be watching and certainly not be laughing about.
t is time men start behaving like men again and stand up for their rights, instead of behaving like conformist push-overs.

Gerard Velthuis

Yesterday I saw "Jingle all the way" with Arnold S.
This is not an animated movie, but it is still a kids movie.
At the end the bad guy got kicked in the groin by the little boy

And don't forget the "Home Alone" movies, in which the burglars get hit in their groins numerous times.
t is time men start behaving like men again and stand up for their rights, instead of behaving like conformist push-overs.

dr e

Good post Gerard.

Our kids are growing up with the advise that hitting women / girls is not tolerable no matter what situation, but men being kicked in their groins is funny.

Exactly.  BS double standard.  Hypocrites.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

SecondToDie

Another good example of this double standard is the reaction to the game Grand Theft Auto.  There was one feature that allowed you to have sex with prostitutes, kill them, and steal their money.  Hillary Clinton and other feminists complained that this promoted "violence against women" even though most of the people you killed in the game were men.

antimisandry

secondtodie, i recall that - they had a page that had a grab of the action, showing the guy chasing a woman and stomping on her. the rest of the page complained about the way it promoted violence against women. i have that game and couldn't believe they were unable to see that the vast majority of deaths were of men.
Also, on tv today was who framed roger rabbit - there were many groin attacks and even song.

"nose? that doesn't ryhme with 'walls'", "no, but this does *BOOOT*" as he kicks the cartoon character in the 'balls' and flying through the air into some acid, causing hysterical laughter from other characters in the warehouse.
ny man living in this feminized world has got to be tough to tolerate it.

>> http://antimisandry.com <<

Rob

Jack Kammer, in his book "If Men Have All the Power, How Come Women Make All the Rules?" notes this same thing about Disney in their film "Tom and Huck".

http://www.deltabravo.net/files/ifmenhav.pdf

Pages 98 & 99:

"In 1995, Disney Studios made "Tom and Huck," a movie based on Mark Twain's beloved novels about Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn. Disney added two scenes that have no basis in the original literature and therefore raise ugly questions about the spirit of our own pecular era.

Here Becky Thatcher, with no justification whatsoever, pushes Tom from a bridge into a stream.

(Pictures shown in Article)

And here is Becky slugging Tom after he falls through the ceiling of the church during what was thought to be his funeral. The display of violence by a female against a male was entirely gratuitous, without justification or motivation. Becky certainly suffered no consequences for her behavior.

Disney figured these scenes would be such crowd-pleasers that it put both of them in the movie's preview trailer."

zarby

My daughter and younger son sometimes get into scuffles especiallyl in the back seat of the car. Even I respond more strongly and the punishment is greater when he strikes her than vice versa. She knows she can get away with more than he can. This runs real deep. It is probably unrealistic to expect it to be eliminated.

whome112

Quote from: "zarby"
My daughter and younger son sometimes get into scuffles especiallyl in the back seat of the car. Even I respond more strongly and the punishment is greater when he strikes her than vice versa. She knows she can get away with more than he can. This runs real deep. It is probably unrealistic to expect it to be eliminated.

I agree that it runs deep: We still need to put a lot of work into fixing the problem. We allow gratuitous violence against males and that harms us all. We allow females to think violence against any male is, if not acceptable at least not something to be worried about.

whome
ay what you mean: Mean what you say.
http://jwwells.blogspot.com

The Biscuit Queen

Shrek, Shrek 2, Monsters Inc., I will have to go through our movies, but  we should start a list of groin kick movies. I would love to do a story on that for the next issue of The Male Voice. Please list all the groin kick movies you can remember.

Narnia had no groin kicks!
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

Gerard Velthuis

Three ninjas kick back and
three ninjas knuckle up

Quentin0352

I hate to say it but the groin kick/hit are so common it might be easier to list those NOT having them, that is if we can find any made in the last 15 years or so.

Go Up