Annoying someone via the Internet is now a federal crime

Started by Men's Rights Activist, Jan 09, 2006, 10:05 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

aknapp1112

Well, a site is NOT sending communications. Right? You are making a concious CHOICE to enter a sight that might offend you. So I fail to see how SYG or any other site for that matter could be charged. YOU (generic) are making the choice to enter a site. There is no forcing involved

Well, sort of.. you computer sends a request to view a page, and the web server SENDS that page information to the puter.

Yes, you make a choice to enter the site, but now a days, since when are people held responsible for the choice they have made, it is almost always someone elses fault right?

TheManOnTheStreet

True that.  My post was more tongue and cheek with a side salad or reality...

Al
The Man On The Street is on the street for a reason.......

contrarymary

Quote from: "napnip"
It's pretty revealing that the very people who are so strongly against the Patriot Act for its violations of civil rights are strangely silent in regards to VAWA.  (No, not just this new incarnation of the law, but the original 1994 version also.)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the ACLU itself even had a section on their site devoted to Violence Against Women and was urging people to contact their representatives and tell them to vote for VAWA.  The very people who supposedly stand for civil liberties are some of the strongest supporters of a law which denies men their basic civil liberties.

I'm not seeing any call to arms, nor do I remember getting any emails from the ACLU asking me to phone regarding VAWA, but then again, it could have been taken down from the site by now and I could have missed the email.

I did email the ACLU and asked them about their lack of concern for Men's Rights.  It would seem they have everyone else covered.  I told them I wouldn't be renewing my membership until I received satisfactory answers.

It would be nice if others wrote to them as well.

www.aclu.org
quot;I can resist anything but temptation."

Oscar Wilde

Sir Percy

http://www.courttv.com/news/2006/0112/chatroom_suit_ctv.html

Man sues chatroom pals: I was humiliated beyond what 'no man could endure'

Looks like there are a few thin skins out there. This guy might consider the humiliation experienced by some of our members - in the family court !
vil, like misery, is Protean, and never greater than when committed in the name of 'right'. To commit evil when they are convinced they are doing 'good', is one of the greatest of pleasures known to a feminist.

Go Up