How things go in the US (if you went to college)

Started by Galt, Jan 12, 2006, 04:09 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Galt

Here's pretty much how things go (for the men I see):

You go to university from high school and screw a bunch of women and then settle into a major that will sound good to chicks.  Probably engineering or some kind of science or pre-med or pre-law.  The chicks you have sex with feign impressiveness, although some will say "I want to be happy at my job", and will expain that they are majoring in sociology or psychology or womens' studies.  Cool.  But they will explain that women can do anything a man can do.

So then you meet your one-and-only, maybe in college, maybe a bit out of college.  You found a job that's sort of in your field, but maybe not quite there yet.  She either majored in sociology, or she works at K-Mart (watch out for the latter).  You are her hero, though, and she knows that you can do it (read: you better friggin' produce, because I have a waiting list).

So then you get your big job.  Pretty much in your major.  You're the big cheese.  Sometimes your company pays for a master's degree (also known as the "easy-breezy degree"), and your (in the meanwhile) housebound wife praises you for that.  It means more money for the household.  Not that she cares about money, though, at least not with regard to marrying, but certainly afterwards.  Kind of.  I mean it's just money.

Sometimes the wife gets pregnant, sometimes she doesn't nowdays.  Doesn't matter either way, you are the hero and you can earn FAR more than a widdle girl like her, so you are designated the hero.  And you get your badges.  And stuff.  Once she parks her butt on the sofa in life, it ain't getting up no more.  You have realized that as the hero.

So now you are a big-time project manager for something or other in some kind of important place.  Your wife brags about you, and sometimes inflates what you are (*giggle*).  You get a bigger house, mostly at the prompting of your wife (she wants to show her sisters what she's achieved in life).  You are usually working, but at outside functions that your wife has arranged, you can talk about "something you read in the paper" or some other fascinating topic.  Your wife brags about the size of your house and the cars you have, and you just agree.  Your company sent you somewhere once, so you can brag that you've seen the world, aside from the fact, of course, that you took a trip to Europe and saw 16 countries in 14 days (that's not even including transfer airports!).

And then you keep working and keep paying for your wife to watch Oprah, and you have plenty of parties at each big anniversary - if you don't get divorced.  And then you retire and come into conflict with your wife, because she is used to you paying for everything without being around.  But you come to an agreement, maybe you just have to go outside for 8 hours or so.

And then you die and leave your money to your wife.

I'm just chomping at the bit to live the usual life of some sap.

CaptDMO

Wow Galt,
Now I realize all  the things I've missed out on .
I guess it started with not graduating from a college, after that, I failed to
enjoy aspects of the idillic life you've described.  ;)

Galt

Quote from: "CaptDMO"
Wow Galt,

I'm pretty serious about all the stuff I've said.  If I can't sacrifice my entire life to a woman, I don't know what I'd do.  That's pretty much all there is to life.  Any woman will do, as long as she acts like she likes me (that doesn't apply after marriage, of course).

Stallywood

How about this one?

Betsy B, is a beautiful woman by all accounts. Everyone who knows her or that has seen her would say she is hot with a capital H. Anyways, Betsy can get all the men she wants, and then some, and she does. But she has a problem. She is a Queensize bitch with a capital Q. So life goes on, and good ole Betsy has been 3 F'ed (F** and Chucked) by 100 guys at least. They all agree that she is hot, but they cant hang around for the bitch part of her....even her body isnt worth that much!

So one day Betsy wakes up after another man has promised to call, and says to herself...I have read every book about men known to mankind er womankind, and I have come to the realization that they can not stay with a beautiful woman who is independent and strong. Im perfect, they are all fucked up. But I have to have one, so I am going to have to go undercover, so to speak to catch one. I am going to pretend that I am submissive (nice), and dumb, (not arrogant) and a prude (not a slut) to catch one and keep him... not scare him off.

So this is what she does.....she becomes a nice, not arrogant, unslutish woman and by golly she lands my buddy.  He cant believe his luck, in finding this beautiful woman who has only slept with about 3 guys (according to her, and Never on the first date!) Soon, he wants to marry this wolf in sheeps clothing, and nothing I or anyone can deter his determination. He doesnt even know that she has sold herself on at least a couple of occasions, because she is a liberated woman and has the right to some cash. God knows we only give women 75 per cent of what we make. Anyways, he is going to marry this girl...god help him.

I wonder how many other men have been hoodwinked like this.....

Stally
Gentleman is a man who consciously serves women. I prefer the golden rule.

Behind every great man, is a
parasite.

Women who say men won't commit, usually aren't worth committing to.

Laboratory Mike

Quote from: "Galt"
Quote from: "CaptDMO"
Wow Galt,

I'm pretty serious about all the stuff I've said.  If I can't sacrifice my entire life to a woman, I don't know what I'd do.  That's pretty much all there is to life.  Any woman will do, as long as she acts like she likes me.

Galt, what you just said is so close to the truth for many men my age that it is not funny. As in, I am not laughing. The average guy here seems to feel incomplete if he isn't banging some woman, even though many know of the risk of false accusations or of being in a relationship where the woman manipulates.

Oh, and one question, can I put your "ideal life" on my site? It will be the first in my collection of cognitive cluster bombs  :D

Galt

Quote from: "Stallywood"
I have read every book about men known to mankind er womankind, and I have come to the realization that they can not stay with a beautiful woman who is independent and strong.

Usually "independent and strong" means that her dad or someone else is paying everthing for her, and she is nevertheless a controlling, nasty bitch.

If a woman were *really* independent (read: has been on her own for several years and can really take care of herself) and strong (read: she has gotten through hard times) ... who on earth would be against that?  But the sad fact is that "independent and strong" usually means a pampered, spoiled brat that is neither independent nor strong, but to make up for that, incredibly bitchy about everything you do or think of doing.

Galt

Quote from: "Laboratory Mike"
Oh, and one question, can I put your "ideal life" on my site? It will be the first in my collection of cognitive cluster bombs

LOL.  My ramblings are open domain.  Mostly, I've been threatened with being banned on other sites for saying things like that.

PaulGuelph

The US, the US....  Jeeze, I guess that's where most of the english speaking people live. But you know it's the same everywhere, except in 3rd world countries. There is nothing unique about the US. Everyone is the same from Singapore to the Netherlands. It is easy to get a US overdose when you live next door.

Yes, that's kinda like my story, except that I waited till I was 40 to marry, so I "enjoyed" the bachelor life 20 years and it's no picnic either. I love my wife, but it's true that I have to be the hero.
Men's Movie Guide:  http://www.mensmovieguide.com   The Healing Tomb: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081N1X145

Galt

I'm just waiting for opposition from employees of GM or somewhere else where they celebrate diversity (by the way ... how is GM doing lately?  I haven't checked the stock listings of the companies that celebrate diversity ...).

Galt

hurkle

So this is what she does.....she becomes a nice, not arrogant, unslutish woman and by golly she lands my buddy. He cant believe his luck, in finding this beautiful woman who has only slept with about 3 guys (according to her, and Never on the first date!) Soon, he wants to marry this wolf in sheeps clothing, and nothing I or anyone can deter his determination. He doesnt even know that she has sold herself on at least a couple of occasions, because she is a liberated woman and has the right to some cash. God knows we only give women 75 per cent of what we make. Anyways, he is going to marry this girl...god help him.

Stallywood, did you like, watch me through spy video or something??

My ex, sheesh. According to her she had been with a few guys.

Three years in, during a heart-to-heart, I find out she has been with over 100 men, that she lived with a coke dealer for several months, and that she has slept with men for drugs and clothes and alcohol and presents (but never for cash).

Yea, I pity the fool. Because I was one.

*sobs*
: How many feminists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

A: THAT'S NOT FUNNY!

The Biscuit Queen

Hurkle, are you divorced now, if you don't mind my asking?
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

hurkle

BQ, I always feel like I am recapping my divorce in every post I make here, so I try not to discuss it all the time, but in answer to your question (and no, I don't mind a bit):

* Divorced for 2+ years
* Full custody
* Ex is in jail awaiting sentencing for attempted armed robbery and aggravated assault with intent to injure

It was a bitter thing, and in addition to MRA stuff, I am also involved with Battered Men's groups for the obvious reason.
: How many feminists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

A: THAT'S NOT FUNNY!

The Biscuit Queen

Thanks. Which groups are you with? Anything in the north east?
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

FEMINAZIHATEMARTYR

Galtster,
Youve left out one critical key ingredient to the entire scenario.....sex!! What about sex my good man??! Without sexual intimacy life would be like eating lettuce without the dressing, eating ricecakes without the peanut butter, eating vanilla icecream plain!!?? Spice up your life old boy!!! :mrgreen:
What good fortune for government that people do not think."
                         Adolph Hitler

"Where madness rules the absurd is not far away."

We must not make the mistake of thinking that all those who eat the bread of dictatorship are evil from the first; but they must necessarily become evil....The curse of a system of terror is that there is no turning back; neither in the large realm of policies nor the 'smaller' realm of everyday human relationships is it possible for men to retrace their steps."
- Dr. Hans Bernd Gisevius
(1904-1974)

Go Up