"Women Who Make the World Worse" - Hatchet Job ALE

Started by Tigerman, Jan 15, 2006, 08:14 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

TheManOnTheStreet

I think it's halarious!  All they are doing is selling more books!

Didn't this happen to our pal Thomas Ellis as well?  Some group of individuals were writing pathetic reviews in the hopes to condemn the book....

Al
The Man On The Street is on the street for a reason.......

Drifter

I've just ordered it on Amazon, if only to find out what the fuss is all about.

Men's Rights Activist

I reported a number of the reviews, the ones with profanity and threats of violence.  I probably reported around a hundred.
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

Rob

MRA,

Your comment evokes a memory I have of an article on my yahoo group.

http://www.nationalreview.com/contributors/kurtz120501.shtml

Things that make you go hmmm...

zarby

I am working on the "The World is Flat."

I think "Women who make the world worse" will be next.

The truth ultimately prevails.
This book it seems is part of the truth starting to come out.

Tigerman

I just couldn't ignore this review by 'Katy Lake' she has done a little homework and her results confirms my worst suspicions. I will post a copy of her review towards the end of this post - but before that I would also like to draw attention to the 2 'spotlight' reviews currently on Amazon for this book - both are 1 star reviews and the first one claims that "4765 of 4907 people found the following review helpful" whilst the second one has "2411 of 2685 people found the following review helpful". Now that is a LOT of interest for book that supposedly 'most people' don't like!!!!!!!!!
Now for the Katy Lake review that I mentioned:

Things that are pathetic..., January 17, 2006
Reviewer: Katy Lake (The People's Republic of New Jersey) - See all my reviews
A few hundred unemployed leftwing kooks, doing the leftie lemming dance, and all posting about a book they've never seen, much less never read.

To alleviate the conspiracy theory freaks, no, I didn't get an email about this assault on O'Beirne's book. I read a review on the book in a magazine, and looked it up on Amazon, and lo and behold: hundreds of incomprehensible, badly-written, one- and two-liner posts that clearly show the writers were still in the Crayola stages. And many posted on the same DAY.

Uh, right. I was absolutely positive this was a complete coincidence, but just to make sure, I did a little 'net search. I bet you're shocked to discover that various leftie nutjob sites put the aforementioned unemployed leftie dolts up to trashing the book.

Here is one dolt, crowing about doing his bit for the First Amendment: "As of today, Kate's book is sinking like a stone. Yesterday it was #51. Today it is #78, solely because people from this site, from Crooks & Liars, from Kos (thanks Rena) and Jesus' General acted in concert for political action."

Wow. Imagine being proud of a mass trashing of a book you never read and have no intention of reading, just because you don't like the author's politics. O'Beirne is an excellent writer, mostly for National Review for whom I believe she still works. It's obvious the book must be very good, indeed, to necessitate so many lefties waking up before noon to post illiterate hate blurbs.

How typical of the free speech-hating left. And how sad, in a country with a 5 percent unemployment rate, none of these dopes could even qualify for hamburger flipping job.
-----------------------------------

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1595230092/103-1803262-7705421?v=glance&n=283155

woof

I have been following this saga. The review count went up to 484 yesterday, today it is at 216, I guess amazon did a little triming..eeeh?  8)
It got to the point where it looked like a message board.  :shock:
If nothing else Kate is in good company, Steven Baskerville, Erin Prizzy(sp?), Phyllis Schlafly(sp?), to name a few, all have been personally attacked for standing up to the feminist gangsters, and I applaude them for it......well done!!  :)
Even a whole village can't replace dad, children need both parents.

Men's Rights Activist

I just found this posted at the Independent Women's Forum,

http://www.iwf.org/articles/article_detail.asp?ArticleID=853

The War Against Kate

1/19/2006

Charlotte Hays' report:

"Kate O'Beirne's new book, "Women Who Make the World Worse: and How Their Radical Feminist Assault Is Ruining Our Schools, Families, Military, and Sports," will turn out to be one of the most important books this year. It's a highly readable take on what feminism hath wrought and how it wrought it.

As Kate explained in an interview with National Review's Kathryn Jean Lopez:

"The modern women's movement is totalitarian in its methods, radical in its aims, and dishonest in its advocacy. Coercion is employed through the courts to enforce its unpopular agenda, on issues like abortion and gender quotas. Radical feminists warn of the perilous gender gap threatening any politician who doesn't knuckle under to their demands, but rarely seem able to win elections. They confidently predicted the defeats of Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush at the hands of angry women."

O'Beirne has hit a nerve, and now these same angry women are trying to sink the book--"

and this has been posted at Free Republic,

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1561297/posts

Conservative Woman Leads the Way
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

Men's Rights Activist

"I have been following this saga. The review count went up to 484 yesterday, today it is at 216, I guess amazon did a little triming..eeeh?"

On Monday I spent over an hour voting "yes" and "no" on reviews as well as reporting reviews that had threats of violence, libelous statements, or profanities.  It felt like I hit the "Report as Inappropriate" button over a hundred times, but I wasn't counting.  I suspect others did the same.  Curiously, all the reviews I "Reported as Inappropriate" were One (1) Star reviews.  I was open to reporting any that fell into the parameters I stated, but no others qualified.  

I still haven't written a review, but plan to as soon as I finish the book.  I'm about half done, and if the book continues in the quality style and substance I've seen there will one more Five (5) Star review at Amazon.  Cheers to all the good folks making an honest effort to get the truth out, especially today, Kate O'Beirne.

Men's Rights Activist

Oh yeah, she's back up to 3 1/2 stars from a low of 2 stars that I distinctly recall seeing yesterday or day before.  A lot of those One (1) Star (idiot grade) reviews have obviously hit the trash can where they belong.  I love it.  Another strict rebuff in the face of the gender feminist, hate monger batterers from the disciplining hand of fair minded justice.

hurkle

I'd just like to say that the other day I ran into some of those fake reviews on another men's book at Amazon. Wish I could remember the name. Anyway, I checked out the reviewer's pages for a number of posters, and on one of them I found either the person's name or email, or maybe it was just their nickname, can't remember that either. So I googled it, and found a posting on another board somewhere, and it turns out it was a completely organized attack. They had the book linked from the forum and were asking members to go leave bad reviews and vote up the reviews that were already there.

See, next time, I need to remind myself to cut-and-paste all the information down.

However, as so many have already pointed out, all the activity and activism is just making more publicity.
: How many feminists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

A: THAT'S NOT FUNNY!

Buddy-Rey

Wow, this is an awesome thread!  I hate I waited so long to check it out.

GregA, I don't think we've met yet, but welcome to SYG!  I'm always glad to meet another liberal MRA, because so many people involved in either cause seem to think that to be an oxymoron, which it absolutely is not.  Mainstream liberalism used to be about PROTECTING people's freedoms, and now it seems to be moving more and more toward Fascism and restricting those freedoms, especially with Hillary (who I have major issues with).  But I'll bet you a quarter Franklin Delanoe Roosevelt woulda been an MRA.

As for the negative reviews of the book, it's very clear that the folks commenting negatively never even read the AMAZON REVIEW, let alone the book itself.  The author states that she is for women's rights, just wary of certain tenets of feminism.  That seems quite reasonable to me, and hardly the opinion of someone who is "stuck in the '50's", as one reviewer put it.

Men's Rights Activist

"I'm always glad to meet another liberal MRA, because so many people involved in either cause seem to think that to be an oxymoron, which it absolutely is not."

I voted for Bill Clinton twice and on other occasions voted Democrat.  I don't do that anymore, thanks in large part to all the horrible male-bashing legislation to come out of Bill's Presidency, especially VAWA.  I am often attacked by gender feminists as anti-woman and a Conservative misogynist, when I think what I and many others have actually become is an Independent.  When is the book coming out, "Who Stole Liberalism?"  

I am just so turned off by the extremism (much of it gender feminist) in today's Democrat party.  Democrats need to dump all the gender feminist crap and get back on track.  I guess there's not much chance for that with Hillary's star in ascendancy.  

I really don't care for Libertarians either as they appear to be as acquiescent to gender feminism as Republicans.   They appear to have no real chance, and no real interest, in doing anything to abate gender feminism.

Quentin0352

I really don't care for Libertarians either as they appear to be as acquiescent to gender feminism as Republicans. They appear to have no real chance, and no real interest, in doing anything to abate gender feminism.

Strange since they are the ones I see most often who actually stand up against the radical feminists. I would suggest you may want to take a peek at Reason magazine and look through their archives and articles as an example of some well written articles on true equality. You can find their website at www.reason.com for a start.

LSBeene

I ordered it from Amazon.  I agree with the above poster: "gee it's those MEN who reviewed it .. well that invalidates their opinion automatically" idea.

Steven
'Watch our backs at home, we'll guard the wall over here. You can sleep safe tonight, we'll guard the door."

Isaiah 6:8
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

Go Up