Elevator Talk

Started by dr e, Jan 19, 2006, 04:27 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

dr e

It seems that there are a couple of threads discussing how to get points across about MRA issues.  I think it can help us to try and refine very short explanations that can inform others about our issues.  With that in mind here is a challenge:

You are in an elevator and you are going three floors up.  The man next to you asks you what this men's rights thing is all about.  You havea a very limited time to explain a mountain of info.  What do you say to him in 30 seconds that can best explain things?  What would you say?
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

The Biscuit Queen

I mention men's health,  education, and fathers rights. I stick with those three. I try not to mention feminism at all.
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

CaptDMO

Pppft.....easy one.

I say

"Write this down.
Stand Your Ground (dot com.)
I'm CaptDMO but please....
look around!"

Quentin0352

Easy one. "It is about equality. If we are responsible for those kids and our actions then we should have rights to the children and women should be held equally responsible for their criminal actions they commit."

typhonblue

"Men are valuable too."

woof

Why do women complain that their husband won't change dipers, take the kids to soccer practice, and won't do house work when married, but demand custody after divorce?
Even a whole village can't replace dad, children need both parents.

Mr. X

I say "If your asking then you're aware there are issues facing men."
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

sethay

"Men's rights activism is the radical notion that men are people."
:lol:

Seriously, this is a good question.  When ever this comes up for me I always get so excited that I stumble around with my words.  Usually I try to name a few issues and statistics that are believable to the average American, yet will make the person really think.

hurkle

I usually frame it in terms of equality:

It's about making sure that there really is equality for everyone - equality of opportunity, not equality of outcome.

And then explain what that means - that we should all have the same chances and be judged by our own actions.

Which is really what it all boils down to, doesn't it?
: How many feminists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

A: THAT'S NOT FUNNY!

angryharry

"I don't know who you are, Sir, but I can tell you what you are worth. If your wife was to cut off your penis tonight, the world would laugh."
ttp://www.angryharry.com ... the only site in the entire world with the aforementioned domain address

whome112

"MRA's try to fix the problem areas in society where men are on the down side of equality."

Harry: You say one of the sadest things I have heard. It's a pity that you are right.

whome
ay what you mean: Mean what you say.
http://jwwells.blogspot.com

Go Up