What is wrong with this show?

Started by Quentin0352, Feb 01, 2006, 03:03 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Quentin0352

While stopping for a break I saw the second half of this show on the Discovery Channel. Now the father is in jail for kidnapping his kids after she won custody. He claimed she had started molesting them and a psychologist he took them to said he didn't know but that there was enough it should be investigated further. They interviewed him in jail and talked to prosecutors and etc with lots of mentioning how he would receive a short sentence since the max was 5 years for the crime. The mother was being reunited with the children and how there is a nice tearful reunion. They note a couple of other cases like that but in all it is the MAN who runs off with the kids taking them from the poor mothers. Interesting I notice all the mothers are remarried and have huge nice houses that look to be worth $250,000 on the low guesstimate range. Notice something strange on this?

http://dsc.discovery.com/tvlistings/episode.jsp?episode=5&cpi=25158&gid=0&channel=DSC

DSC -- 48 Hours: Hard Evidence
The Journey Home

A report focusing on child abduction and on the rebuilding of a family after the children are recovered. The focus is on Marjory Chapell Gray, a mother whose two young children disappeared with their father after she had been awarded custody.

And here is a better description.

http://store.cbs.com//video.php?itemID=4532&showID=1

THE JOURNEY HOME 48 HOURS 10/19/95

48 HOURS: THE JOURNEY HOME OCT. 19, 1995 Tens of thousands of children are abducted ever year, usually by people they know, and 48 Hours "The Journey Home" provides an inside look at one case of child abduction, the sudden rescue of the childrenand the surprising aftermath. 48 Hours was allowed to probe deeply into the lives of all those involved in the abduction. The result is a report that takes viewers on a chilling oddyssey, as one mother tries to reach out to her two children who have been taught to believe she is their worst enemy. What happens after the search is over and the children are found? As the broadcast reports, it is the beginning of another painstaking quest to regain their trust and love. Follows the story of Marjory Chapell Gray, a Jacksonville, FL mother who was awarded custody of her children, 6-year-old Jeffrey and 3-year old Kristi, after her divorce from Dennis Gray, who, during a visit, vanished with the children. For 5 years, Marjory followed leads,hired private investigators and pursued every scrap of information she could find to track down her ex-husband and the children. Finally, a traced phone call led police to a trailer in the woods near Willow Springs,MO where Dennis was arrested and the children were found safe, but...

Quentin0352

Oh, you can contact them if you like too. i did and this is what I wrote them....

After watching 48 Hours: Hard Evidence, The Journey Home I was very upset. While it is true there are parents that kidnap their children, it was a very one sided view showing only cases where men had done this. I have been a victim of this myself and the police and courts refuse to do anything when it is a woman who commits these acts. The show became more of a propaganda piece against fathers that actually looking at the problem and what happens in these situations. Unless an updated and balanced piece is done I ask that this be pulled from ever being aired again. A ten year old show that is intentionally misleading is not the quality of programming I expect to see from the Discovery Network's programming.

Thank you,
Quentin XXXXXXXX.

JoeFin

I had a very hard time reporting my Ex as well.

They did file the report, actually sent some one out to interview her, and made 1 follow up phone call 1 year later.

She was never charged, and the child recieved ZERO victim services, or conciling.

Could you imagine if it was the father who did this?
Resident Sh!! house attorney at large

Quentin0352

The exact same guy who was investigating me based on my ex-wife's accusations REFUSED to investigate her though I had witnesses to her abusing the kids and they were with me. Her own friends tried to report her and they ignored the state law requiring they investigate ALL reports within 48 hours.

Of course the court also felt the following was not a problem though they knew I lived in a real house that is clean, everythign works, in a MUCH better school disctrict and each child has their own bedroom.

Mother Ms.: Mother currently resides in R, Y with her mother, A - Ms., and her children, Daughter and Son. The family lives in a three bedroom trailer which is owned by A. The trailer is located in X's Trailer Park. The trailer has a living room, bathroom, and kitchen in addition to the bedrooms. The kitchen has no oven or stove. The family uses a microwave and two burner hotplate to cook their food. Although I did not observe any unsanitary conditions, housekeeping did not appear. to be a priority for Mother or A. Several areas of the home were very cluttered. When I initially visited Mother, she gave me a tour of the home. She identified one bedroom as belonging to Son. This room was furnished with a bunk bed and dresser. The room contained a large collection of toys which were strewn across the floor and beds. Mother reported that the bedroom next to Son's belonged to her mother. She did not open the door in order for me to view the room and indicated it was messy. Mother identified the third bedroom as belonging to her and Daughter. This room was the largest of the three and was furnished with a twin and queen size bed. The room also contained a dresser and book shelves. When I made my final visit to the home, I discovered that everyone was sharing this bedroom. Upon request, Mother allowed me to view her mother's bedroom. This room was extremely cluttered with clothing and other items. There was a twin size bed in the room; however, it was apparent the room was unable to used due to the amount of clutter. Mother reported the mess was recently made when she cleaned out closets to prepare for a PODS storage unit that is scheduled to be delivered to the residence.

JoeFin

Sadly enough Quentin

Were not talking about "physical abuse" in the legal sense, it was "sexual exploitation" or molestation. Not really sure what the law calls it.

I'm not comfortable publicly discussing the exact details in fear that some how this conversation could be linked to the actual persons involved. But had the officials involved actually done their job she would have been charged with lewd acts with a minor amongst other things.

The fact that they gave a required interview and investigated the allegation released the agency from their legal liability. Morally their as corrupt as they get.

The effects lasted for years as the child was encouraged and rewarded by his mother for the actions she taught him. You can imagine how this all played out on his grandmother, day care workers, and female friends of the family as he continued with what he was conditioned to do.

Eventually I collected written statements from those who had experienced the results of the effects mainly to protect myself and the child.

He is 8 now. No longer "performing" but prior to adolescence he will be seeing a councilor weekly. Again out of my pocket because we all know women don't do those sorts of things...
Resident Sh!! house attorney at large

The Biscuit Queen

I find it fascinating that Breaking the Silence believed all the women at face value and dismissed completely the PAS idea. Yet here is the reverse, and of course PAS exists, and of course it was a false allegation.

Do they even see how utterly hypocritical they are?
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

Go Up