Need Assistance: Feminist Anti-Father Quotes

Started by Mr. Bad, Feb 02, 2006, 06:11 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Mr. Bad

Folks,

I'm engaed in a debate at Hugo's right now, arguing that feminists have regularly denigrated the importance of the child-father relationship.  Predictably, the femis over there are in full denial mode.

If any of you could cite me some choice anti-father anti-fatherhood quotes from feminists (preferrably high-profile leaders) I'd surely appreciate it.  I know they're out there, but since fatherhood issues aren't my forte I was hoping one of the local experts here could lend a hand.

Thanks in advance.
"Men in teams... got the human species from caves to palaces. When we watch men's teams at work, we pay homage to 10,000 years of male achievements; a record of vision, ingenuity and Herculean labor that feminism has been too mean-spirited to acknowledge."  Camille Paglia

IndianaJones

"Women and children are the primary victims of war, they lose their fathers...." Hilary Clinton

bluegrass

They feel that way because mostly what feminism does is obscure the postive contributions of men and ignore the importance they have to their children, rather than directly attack it.  Dad';s contributions eventually become invisible.

Offer them a counter-challenge.  Ask them to find some father positive quotes by feminists.  My guess is they'll find none.  They'll fight tooth and nail to have the government opr a stranger watch their kids, but never mention the alternative of a female surgeon marrying a male school teacher so HE can be primary caregiver.
"To such females, womanhood is more sacrosanct by a thousand times than the Virgin Mary to popes--and motherhood, that degree raised to astronomic power. They have eaten the legend about themselves and believe it; they live it; they require fealty of us all." -- Philip Wylie, Generation of Vipers

woof

Below the Belt: A Biweekly Column by NOW President

I'm going to ask you to remember the prostituted, the homeless, the battered, the raped, the tortured, the murdered, the raped-then-murdered, the murdered-then-raped; and I am going to ask you to remember the photographed, the ones that any or all of the above happened to and it was photographed and now the photographs are for sale in our free countries. I want you to think about those who have been hurt for the fun, the entertainment, the so-called speech of others; those who have been hurt for profit, for the financial benefit of pimps and entrepreneurs. I want you to remember the perpetrator and I am going to ask you to remember the victims: not just tonight but tomorrow and the next day. I want you to find a way to include them - the perpetrators and the victims - in what you do, how you think, how you act, what you care about, what your life means to you.

Now, I know, in this room, some of you are the women I have been talking about. I know that. People around you may not. I am going to ask you to use every single thing you can remember about what was done to you - how it was done, where, by whom, when, and, if you know, why - to begin to tear male dominance to pieces, to pull it apart, to vandalize it, to destabilize it, to mess it up, to get in its way, to fuck it up. I have to ask you to resist, not to comply, to destroy the power men have over women, to refuse to accept it, to abhor it and to do whatever is necessary despite its cost to you to change it.

ANDREA DWORKIN

Speech at the Massey College Fifth Walter Gordon Forum, Toronto, Ontario, in a symposium on "The Future of Feminism," April 2, 1995. First published by Massey College in the University of Toronto, May 2, 1995. Copyright (c)1995, 1996 by Andrea Dworkin. Reprinted from Life and Death.

More from Andrea

Andrea Dworkin on crime: "I really believe a woman has the right to execute a man who has raped her." On romance: "In seduction, the rapist often bothers to buy a bottle of wine." On sexual intercourse: "Intercourse remains a means, or the means, of physiologically making a woman inferior: communicating to her, cell by cell, her own inferior status ... pushing and thrusting until she gives in."

"a semi-automatic gun is one answer" to the problem of violence against women

"Women have the right to avenge crimes on their children. A woman in California shot a paedophile who abused her son; she walked into the court and killed him there and then. I loved that woman. It is our duty as women to find ways of supporting her and others like her. I have no problem with killing paedophiles."

"Under patriarchy, no woman is safe to live her life, or to love, or to mother children. Under patriarchy, every woman is a victim, past, present, and future. Under patriarchy, every woman's daughter is a victim, past, present, and future. Under patriarchy, every woman's "son is her potential betrayer and also the inevitable rapist or exploiter of another woman, Andrea Dworkin, Liberty, p.58

"Only when manhood is dead - and it will perish when ravaged femininity no longer sustains it - only then will we know what it is to be free. --Andrea Dworkin. "The Root Cause," speech, 26 Sept. 1975, at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Andrea Dworkin, Cambridge (published in Our Blood, ch. 9, 1976).

"The women's biggest problem, is to love men"

Lise Payette, prominent feminist journalist, ex-Minister responsible for Feminine condition under pequist government, script writer of very popular feminist-minded teledramas.

"Journal de Montreal"on the 8th of March 2005
(own translation)

"One of the biggest lies perpetuated by modern-day feminists is the contention that feminism is about equality. Feminists aren't interested in equality. What they want is revenge"

- Lydia Lovric

THE FEMINIST AGENDA -- In their leaders' own words:

1. "The simple fact is that every woman must be willing to be identified as a lesbian to be fully feminist." (National NOW Times, Jan.1988).

2. "Since marriage constitutes slavery for women, it is clear that the women's movement must concentrate on attacking this institution. Freedom for women cannot be won without the abolition of marriage." (radical feminist leader Sheila Cronan).

3. "Being a housewife is an illegitimate profession... The choice to serve and be protected and plan towards being a family-maker is a choice that shouldn't be. The heart of radical feminism is to change that." (Vivian Gornick, feminist author, University of Illinois, "The Daily Illini," April 25, 1981.)

4. The most merciful thing a large family can do to one of its infant members is to kill it." (Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, in "Women and the New Rage," p.67.

5. "In order to raise children with equality, we must take them away from families and communally raise them." (Dr. Mary Jo Bane, feminist and assistant professor of education at Wellesley College and associate director of the school's Center for Research on Women).

6. "Marriage has existed for the benefit of men; and has been a legally sanctioned method of control over women... We must work to destroy it. The end of the institution of marriage is a necessary condition for the liberation of women. Therefore it is important for us to encourage women to leave their husbands and not to live individually with men... All of history must be re-written in terms of oppression of women. We must go back to ancient female religions like witchcraft." (from "The Declaration of Feminism," November 1971).

7. "Overthrowing capitalism is too small for us. We must overthrow the whole... patriarch!" (Gloria Steinhem, radical feminist leader, editor of 'MS' magazine).

8. "Let's forget about the mythical Jesus and look for encouragement, solace and inspiration from real women... Two thousand years of patriarchal rule under the shadow of the cross ought to be enough to turn women toward the feminist 'salvation' of this world." (Annie Laurie Gaylor, "Feminist Salvation," "The Humanist", July/August 1988, p.37.

9. 'My feelings about men are the result of my experience. I have little sympathy for them. Like a Jew just released from Dachau, I watch the handsome young Nazi soldier fall writhing to the ground with a bullet in his stomach and I look briefly and walk on. I don't even need to shrug. I simply don't care. What he was, as a person, I mean, what his shames and yearnings were, simply don't matter." Marilyn French; The Woman's Room.

10. "All sex, even consensual sex between a married couple, is an act of violence perpetrated against a woman." Catherine MacKinnon

11. To call a man an animal is to flatter him; he's a machine, a walking dildo." Valerie Solanas

12. "I want to see a man beaten to a bloody pulp with a high-heel shoved in his mouth, like an apple in the mouth of a pig." Andrea Dworkin

13. "I feel that 'man-hating' is an honorable and viable political act, that the oppressed have a right to class-hatred against the class that is oppressing them." Robin Morgan

14. "I feel that 'man-hating' is an honorable and viable political act, that the oppressed have a right to class-hatred against the class that is oppressing them." Robin Morgan

15. "If life is to survive on this planet, there must be a decontamination of the Earth. I think this will be accompanied by an evolutionary process that will result in a drastic reduction of the population of males." --Mary Daly, former Professor at Boston College, 2001
Even a whole village can't replace dad, children need both parents.

woof

double post....... :?

devia

The thing is Woof

-you've had feminists here that don't agree with the above, at all.

Secondly I could very easily go to a place like the "Niceguy" forum" and pull qoutes from men who identify themselves as MRA's that would also make any sane persons blood curdle.

dr e

Looking at NOW's history shows that legislation that comes to the hill that is pro-father gets an action alert that says to vote against it.  While this may not happen every time it has happened enough to see a definite trend.  These folks are not just pro-mother/woman/girl they are also anti-family/father.

Pro-father = anti-woman

Gandy said it herself here:

http://www.now.org/nnt/fall-2000/family.html

The next serious threat to women's rights in the United States may come from the respectable-sounding movements to protect fathers' rights and promote marriage.  NOW and other feminist groups are following closely the efforts of these advocates in the government, the courts and the culture.

"Look below the surface of the growing pro-marriage and pro-fathers' rights sentiment in this country and you will see a very anti-woman, anti-equality message," says NOW Executive Vice President Kim Gandy.

So all you have to do is scratch and sniff and you will see the evil male/fathers lurking just beneath the surface.  These folks missed the part of kindergarten where sharing was taught.  Their mantra is "I, me, me, mine."
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

Vet/Father

There hatred of males, fathers, families ,and God is strong.

Here's a few more quotes from:

http://www.dadi.org/bullyfem.htm

hope it helps you  & others see what we are up against

Mr. Bad

Quote from: "devia"
The thing is Woof

Secondly I could very easily go to a place like the "Niceguy" forum" and pull qoutes from men who identify themselves as MRA's that would also make any sane persons blood curdle.

Not a valid comparison.  On the one hand, the fellows at the "Nice Guys" forum are the fringe element who are routinely rejected by the mainstream men's movement, while on the other hand the quotes provided are from feminist leaders who are almost universally embraced by members of the movement.  You would never hear Glenn Sacks, Warren Farrell et al., uttering the kind of filth that spewed from the mouths of Dworkin, Morgan, McKinnon et al.

Again, the comparison is not even close.
"Men in teams... got the human species from caves to palaces. When we watch men's teams at work, we pay homage to 10,000 years of male achievements; a record of vision, ingenuity and Herculean labor that feminism has been too mean-spirited to acknowledge."  Camille Paglia

Mr. X

Quote from: "Mr. Bad"
The thing is Woof

Not a valid comparison.  On the one hand, the fellows at the "Nice Guys" forum are the fringe element who are routinely rejected by the mainstream men's movement, while on the other hand the quotes provided are from feminist leaders who are almost universally embraced by members of the movement.  You would never hear Glenn Sacks, Warren Farrell et al., uttering the kind of filth that spewed from the mouths of Dworkin, Morgan, McKinnon et al.

Again, the comparison is not even close.

Yeah I gotta agree here Devia. Sure, you could find any brain fart from any person and post it to make them look bad but what quotes from Farrell or Sacks come close to this?

Steinem herself has made several racist and sexist comments. She blamed white men for 9/11 for example. Steinem is not just some poster on an MRA board. She's a major player in the feminist community. Play a game and ask someone to name a feminist. I bet Steinem's name will come up in the top 3.

But what's more troubling is I don't see a lot of women denounce this. Again, its a situation where, when men say such things, both men and women help to denounce it. When women say such things, we hear crickets from most women.
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

hurkle

Wow, Devia.

And would you consider those blood-curdling MRAs to be "leaders of the MRA movement"?

Or would you be pulling from the fringes?

The quotes above are from respected leaders in the feminist movement. Ones with published books and articles and awards.

Comparing the two is ridiculous.
: How many feminists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

A: THAT'S NOT FUNNY!

woof

Some more..........from David Ursher

What High-Profile Femininsts Believe (and feminism has not been attacked for)

Please pay particular attention to the professional position of the individuals below, many of whom run colleges, magazines, or work in government:

•  We are, as a sex, infinitely superior to men..." (Elizabeth Cady Stanton, "One Woman, One Vote", Wheeler, p.58.)

•  "All sex, even consensual sex between a married couple, is an act of violence perpetrated against a woman." .... "You grow up with your father holding you down and covering your mouth so another man can make a horrible searing pain between your legs." (Catherine MacKinnon - Prominent feminist scholar at the University of Michigan and Yale)

•  "I believe that women have a capacity for understanding and compassion which man structurally does not have, does not have it because he cannot have it. He's just incapable of it." (Former Congresswoman Barbara Jordan)

•  "I want to see a man beaten to a bloody pulp with a high-heel shoved in his mouth, like an apple in the mouth of a pig"....."Under patriarchy, every woman's son is her potential betrayer and also the inevitable rapist or exploiter of another woman." ...."for a woman, the home is the most dangerous place in the world!" .... "The traditional flowers of courtship are the traditional flowers of the grave, delivered to the victim before the kill. The cadaver is dressed up and made up and laid down and ritually violated and consecrated to an eternity of being used." .... "Heterosexual intercourse is the pure, formalized expression of contempt for women's bodies." (Andrea Dworkin).

•  "Probably the only place where a man can feel really secure is in a maximum security prison, except for the imminent threat of release." (Germaine Greer) "Men who are unjustly accused of rape can sometimes gain from the experience." (Catherine Comin, Vassar College. Assistant Dean of Students).

•  "All men are rapists and that's all they are." (Marilyn French, Author; and advisor to Al Gore's Presidential Campaign)

•  "I feel that 'man-hating' is an honorable and viable political act, that the oppressed have a right to class-hatred against the class that is oppressing them." (Robin Morgan, Ms. Magazine Editor)

•  " "We can't destroy the inequities between men and women until we destroy marriage." -from Sisterhood Is Powerful, Robin Morgan (ed), 1970, p.537.

•  "The simple fact is that every woman must be willing to be identified as a lesbian to be fully feminist." ( Sheila Cronan, National NOW Times, Jan.1988)

ANALYSIS OF THE PREVIOUS QUOTE: This sentence reveals that N.O.W.'s internal goal was to convert as many women as possible to lesbianism; the ostensible external political goal being to form the large-enough base of victim-class activists needed create female-female "super-family" marriage. It also publicly admits that N.O.W.'s political goal was not to help those who are (by genetic or other substantial predilection) lesbians, but to force as many women as possible to become lesbians (or to pretend they are lesbians), or face exclusion from the feminist movement. It also admits that the dominant feminist organization no longer sought equal rights for women, but instead was pursuing an agenda that despises heterosexuality and is anti-family, antisocial, misandric, and secessionist in nature.

•  "The incest taboo can be destroyed only by destroying the nuclear family as the primary institution of the culture. The nuclear family is the school of values in a sexist, sexually repressed society... The alternative to the nuclear family at the moment is the extended family or the tribe. The growth of tribe is part of the process of destroying particularized roles and fixed erotic identity. As people develop fluid androgynous identity, they will also develop the forms of community appropriate to it. We cannot really imagine what those forms will be." (Shulamith Firestone - The Dialectics of Sex)

•  "We are, as a sex, infinitely superior to men..." Elizabeth Cady Stanton, "One Woman, One Vote", Wheeler, p.58

•  "The most merciful thing a large family can do to one of its infant members is to kill it." (Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, in "Women and the New Rage," p.67.)

•  "Since marriage constitutes slavery for women, it is clear that the women's movement must concentrate on attacking this institution. Freedom for women cannot be won without the abolition of marriage." (Radical feminist leader Sheila Cronan)

•  "Being a housewife is an illegitimate profession... The choice to serve and be protected and plan towards being a family-maker is a choice that shouldn't be. The heart of radical feminism is to change that." (Vivian Gornick, feminist author, University of Illinois, "The Daily Illini," April 25, 1981. "In order to raise children with equality, we must take them away from families and communally raise them." (Dr. Mary Jo Bane, assistant professor of education at Wellesley College and associate director of the school's Center for Research on Woman)

•  "The end of the institution of marriage is a necessary condition for the liberation of women. Therefore it is important for us to encourage women to leave their husbands and not to live individually with men... All of history must be re-written in terms of oppression of women. We must go back to ancient female religions like witchcraft." ("The Declaration of Feminism," November 1971). "By the year 2000 we will, I hope, raise our children to believe in human potential, not God." (Gloria Steinhem, former editor of 'MS' magazine.)

Now that everyone has had the opportunity to view what radical feminists believe and have done, we trust that everyone can decide for themselves why social and civil rights is such an important issue for the "millenium male".

woof

The thing is Woof

Well this is good to hear, who is activily speaking out aganist these people? Or are they disagreeing quietly amounst themselves?
This is rather rather convenant, I'm sure when the ship finally sinks, there will be a lot of feminist claiming that they were only along for the ride, but didn't really inhale this stench.

gwallan

Quote from: "woof"

•  "The incest taboo can be destroyed only by destroying the nuclear family as the primary institution of the culture. The nuclear family is the school of values in a sexist, sexually repressed society... The alternative to the nuclear family at the moment is the extended family or the tribe. The growth of tribe is part of the process of destroying particularized roles and fixed erotic identity. As people develop fluid androgynous identity, they will also develop the forms of community appropriate to it. We cannot really imagine what those forms will be." (Shulamith Firestone - The Dialectics of Sex)

Shulamith there are good biological reasons for the incest taboo. Stupid, stupid person.
In 95% of things 100% of people are alike. It's the other 5%, the bits that are different, that make us interesting. It's also the key to our existence, and future, as a species.

Men's Rights Activist

"If any of you could cite me some choice anti-father anti-fatherhood quotes from feminists (preferrably high-profile leaders) I'd surely appreciate it."

Peruse this site:

The Countess
http://trishwilson.typepad.com/blog/2006/01/index.html
http://trishwilson.typepad.com/blog/2005/12/index.html

In the last two months this site has made numerous comments about Father's Rights Activist, F4J, and the PBS show Breaking the Silence.
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

Go Up