Need Assistance: Feminist Anti-Father Quotes

Started by Mr. Bad, Feb 02, 2006, 06:11 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

gwallan

Quote from: "Men's Rights Activist"
"If any of you could cite me some choice anti-father anti-fatherhood quotes from feminists (preferrably high-profile leaders) I'd surely appreciate it."

Peruse this site:
The Countess
http://trishwilson.typepad.com/blog/2006/01/index.html
http://trishwilson.typepad.com/blog/2005/12/index.html
In the last two months this site has made numerous comments about Father's Rights Activist, F4J, and the PBS show Breaking the Silence.

I got to this,
What really irked me was the attitude some men had about me as my belly expanded. I have always been a very attractive woman. I've been compared to Natalie Wood (my age is showing). Younger men and women have compared me to Demi Moore. I can take a compliment like the best of them. When I became pregnant, I was very active in community theatre, an atmosphere that bases a lot on what you look like. I always did crew work, mainly lighting, scenic art, makeup (including prosthetics), and assistant directing. Men who used to drool over me were completely turned off as I gained baby weight and my belly expanded. I felt like an incubator who had no sex appeal whatsoever. It was a great blow to my ego, but I knew it wasn't my fault. Luckily, after I gave birth, I went right back into theatre and lost the baby weight very quickly. Shortly after I gave birth, I began working in union shops, and making quite a bit of money. I also was used to hauling around 50 pound lamps (lights), so I buffed up very quickly. My body looked like Vasquez's body from "Aliens". I couldn't do chin-ups, but I could swing a fresnel (a type of light) around with the best of them. The men who had been repulsed by my baby belly suddenly started paying attention to me again. I was irritated, but I liked the attention. At the same time, new men I met on my union jobs found me very attractive, and they were surprised to learn that I had a baby (and later toddler) at home. I even was hit on by women. This is theatre and entertainment, after all. I knew I looked good, and I flaunted it.

vomited, and gave up in disgust. It really is all about me me me me me me........
In 95% of things 100% of people are alike. It's the other 5%, the bits that are different, that make us interesting. It's also the key to our existence, and future, as a species.

The Biscuit Queen

Men are turned off by pregnant women who are not theirs for a reason!

When I fisrt got married, it took a while to get used to the fact that my wedding ring was a signal for men NOT to flirt with me. I didn't realize that men have boundaries that include NO FLIRTING with taken women. Being pregnant is the ultimate sign of being taken. She should not be disgusted, she should be impressed that the men respected the relationship they assumed she was in and backed off.

That she expected me to still fawn over her during pregnancy is more indicitive of her short comings, not theirs.
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

TheManOnTheStreet

I totally agree Jen.  It's all in the spin of the tale... as usual.  One could look at it from her prospective, or yours.  I tend to think that men, in general, make a point NOT TO flirt with a woman that is OVIOUSLY taken*.

* Male Obligator Disclaimer:  Taken, meaning in some sort of relationship, not as chatel or to imply ownership.

Al
The Man On The Street is on the street for a reason.......

gwallan

Quote from: "The Biscuit Queen"
Men are turned off by pregnant women who are not theirs for a reason!
When I fisrt got married, it took a while to get used to the fact that my wedding ring was a signal for men NOT to flirt with me. I didn't realize that men have boundaries that include NO FLIRTING with taken women. Being pregnant is the ultimate sign of being taken. She should not be disgusted, she should be impressed that the men respected the relationship they assumed she was in and backed off.
That she expected me to still fawn over her during pregnancy is more indicitive of her short comings, not theirs.

Correct observation on the ring but I've always found it easier to flirt with pregnant women.
In 95% of things 100% of people are alike. It's the other 5%, the bits that are different, that make us interesting. It's also the key to our existence, and future, as a species.

Mr Benn

Quote from: "devia"

Secondly I could very easily go to a place like the "Niceguy" forum" and pull qoutes from men who identify themselves as MRA's that would also make any sane persons blood curdle.

The difference is that the lads on Niceguys forum are not getting billions and billions of pounds/dollars of media air-time and taxpayers money for phoney social projects.
ww.CoolTools4Men.com

Vet/Father

Quasimodo

Say what you want about NiceGuy's, but I doubt a feminist could go on that forum and induce a 3-page thread about her son's moustache. :lol:
axine Waters on the 2004 March for Women:
"I have to march because my mother could not have an abortion." ! ! !

sorryisntgoodenough

I'm gonna post those quotes on my MRA site...tx in advance...good work.

TerryGale

Oddly enough, there's a thread similar to this at Hannity.

sorryisntgoodenough

Secondly I could very easily go to a place like the "Niceguy" forum" and pull qoutes from men who identify themselves as MRA's that would also make any sane persons blood curdle.

I realize "niceguy" may be lacking in some of the social niceties exhibited by some British MRA's, but that doesn't negate the truth of anything he says.  I challenge you to find me something factually inaccurate on his website.  

I went to the site "www.menarebetterthanwomen.com", and my first reaction that it was pointless hatespeech towards women.  After reading his response to readers, I realized the guy wasn't a kook.  If you consider the kind of stuff said about men on MAINSTREAM WRA websites, he isn't out of line in the slightest.

Sir Farts-A-Lot

REcently I remember wondering why I hate feminism so much, these quotes reminded me.
quote="CaptDMO"]As history has shown us, power is NEVER bestowed, it's taken and defended. "Empowerment" is merely a bone, thrown to appease the rabble. [/quote]

Rob Layton

All men are rapists and that's all they are" -- Marilyn French, Author, "The Women's Room"

"Heterosexual intercourse is the pure, formalized _expression of contempt for women's bodies." -- Andrea Dworkin

"Who cares how men feel or what they do or whether they suffer? They have had over 2000 years to dominate and made a complete hash of it. Now it is our turn. My only comment to men is, if you don't like it, bad luck -- and if you get in my way I'll run you down." Signed: Liberated Woman, Boronia Herald-Sun, Melbourne, Australia

"Since marriage constitutes slavery for women, it is clear that the women's movement must concentrate on attacking this institution. Freedom for women cannot be won without the abolition of marriage." (radical feminist leader Sheila Cronan).

"The end of the institution of marriage is a necessary condition for the liberation of women. Therefore it is important for us to encourage women to leave their husbands..." -Declaration of Feminism

"Men are the enemies of women. Promising sublime intimacy, unequalled passion, amazing security and grace, they nevertheless exploit and injure in a myriad subtle ways. Without men the world would be a better place: softer, kinder, more loving; calmer, quieter, more humane." --Ann Oakley (b. 1944), British sociologist, author. Taking It Like a Woman, "A French Letter" (1984).

Vet/Father

Quote from: "TerryGale"
Oddly enough, there's a thread similar to this at Hannity.

:angel:
Thanks, TerryGale for that link to Hannity, and I read all 15 pages.
It seem to me that OP (JFKL) started on target, about shining the light on these hate speeches of males. Then he was taken off target ,and taken down the path of rape,etc.. Then at the end attacked and blanded  :banghead:
Here's a list of laws(that had come from these anti-males hate organizations, and elected-officals,etc..)
*Misandry(Hatred of Men)*

http://www.dadi.org/ms-fits.htm

I know that list is old, and there are alot more laws now, and traps, but it's a starter.

I am looking at this from the big picture.
GENOCIDE, and I have/had proven it on my thread on mensnewdaily.

Vet/Father

double post

The Biscuit Queen

Correct observation on the ring but I've always found it easier to flirt with pregnant women.

Pregnant women tend to:

A) have low self esteem about thier looks

B) Assume any man flirting with them is not really out to get in their pants.

Put these together and you get a woman who is pleasantly suprised when a man is flirting with them and does not take it seriously, so does not feel she has to be "appropriate", making sure the man knows she is not interested in pursuing sex. This frees up a woman to enjoy bantering, and feel a little attractive, without incuring the risks normally associated with that sort of behavior.
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

Go Up