194 men
20 women

total lost 1517
1360 men
157 women and children (109 women)

total saved 706
men 332
women and children 374 (316 women)

Total women and children aboard 531 (425 women)
Total men aboard 1692

Just thought the numbers were interesting. Paybe someone who is better than I can run percentages. Nick was showing me this in one of his personal library books ( he is a non-fiction buff)
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

Mr. X

Well for the male totals

Lost = 80.3% (1360/1692*100)
Saved = 19.6% (332/1692*100)

For women and children

Lost = 30% (157/531*100)
Saved = 70% (374/531*100)

For just women

Lost = 25.6% (109/425*100)
saved = 74.4% (316/425*100)

For just children

Lost = 45% ((157-109)/(531-425))*100)
saved = 55% ((374-316)/(531-425))*100)

Total loss = 68%

Wow! Looks like the women's group got saved more than children. But then the children number includes both male and female. Then again at 68% loss maybe that says a lot about the crappy crusie line.
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

dr e

At least at the time women appreciated the man's sacrifice.  Compare that with the default disdain  shown towards men today.

Titanic Memorial, Washington DC, erected 1931, by the Women of America:

To The Brave Men
   Who Perished
   In The Wreck
  of The Titanic,
  April 15, 1912.
  They Gave Their
 Lives That Women
   and Children
  Might Be Saved.

Erected By
   The Women
   Of America.

Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

Mr. X

Quote from: "Dr Evil"
At least at the time women appreciated the man's sacrifice.  Compare that with the default disdain  shown towards men today.

Titanic Memorial, Washington DC, erected 1931, by the Women of America:

To The Brave Men
   Who Perished
   In The Wreck
  of The Titanic,
  April 15, 1912.
  They Gave Their
 Lives That Women
   and Children
  Might Be Saved.

Erected By
   The Women
   Of America.

Hey that's cool! Wow! I didn't know about that!

Do you think the Women of America will put up a memorial to the 300 male fire fighters and plice lost at WTC?
Feminists - "Verbally beating men like dumb animals or ignoring them is all we know and its not working."

dr e

I sometimes wonder if the same sort of accident happened today and the men sacrificed themselves in similar manner if the feminists would spin it so that the men who died were accused of trying to make the survivors feel badly about themselves.  They would find some way to prove that the women who survived were the real victims.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

Mr Benn

With their greater percentage of body fat the women might have had a better chance of survival in the cold water then the men. So if it had been fair then the men should have been given priority in going in the lifeboats.

Remember that in case you are ever in an accident at sea: Men and children first.
ww.CoolTools4Men.com

dr e

As I remember Mr X the length of time it took to get the monument up and running (almost 20 years) was due to the women wanting to raise the money for the statue by themselves and not depend on the men to front the money.  Pretty gutsy group with a nice message that stands in sharp contrast to the hate we see today for men and boys.  It is totally unbelievable that a birth group could fall in esteem in such a way over the course of only 3 generations or so.  Men are all personally responsible for the 1% who murder and rape or the similarly small percentage who committ domestic violence.   ALL men are to blame!  sheesh.

Kyo

crew
lost
682 men
3 women

saved
194 men
20 women

A crew of 876 men and only 23 women!?  UNFAIR HIRING PRACTICES!  :shock:

:twisted:

brian44

Quote from: "Mr Benn"
With their greater percentage of body fat the women might have had a better chance of survival in the cold water then the men. So if it had been fair then the men should have been given priority in going in the lifeboats.

Remember that in case you are ever in an accident at sea: Men and children first.

Yes, and body fat is less dense than water while muscle is more dense. So basically women have a real advantage in the water.
It is time we began to ask who are these women who continually rubbish men. The most stupid, ill-educated and nasty woman can rubbish the nicest, kindest and most intelligent man and no one protests.

Men seem to be so cowed that they can't fight back, and it is time they did." Doris Lessing

johnnyp

% of men saved   20%
% of women saved   74%
% of children saved   55%
 woman needs a man like a fish needs water

brian44

Quote from: "johnnyp"
% of men saved   20%
% of women saved   74%

That looks a bit disturbing, unless the poorer travellers had lots of kids with them.
It is time we began to ask who are these women who continually rubbish men. The most stupid, ill-educated and nasty woman can rubbish the nicest, kindest and most intelligent man and no one protests.

Men seem to be so cowed that they can't fight back, and it is time they did." Doris Lessing

johnnyp

Quote from: "brian44"
Quote from: "johnnyp"
% of men saved   20%
% of women saved   74%

That looks a bit disturbing, unless the poorer travellers had lots of kids with them.

The women probably trampled them as they elbowed their way onto the lifeboats

PaulGuelph

When I look at the emergency helpline numbers at the front of my telephone book, I see that there are 8 specifically for women, 2 specifically for children, and none specifically for men.

Similar ratios I'd say.
Men's Movie Guide:  http://www.mensmovieguide.com   The Healing Tomb: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081N1X145

Kyo

So an adult woman is more valuable than a child of either sex?  That's disgusting.  Puts the whole "women anc children first", "think of the children" stuff in prespective, doesn't it?

johnnyp

Quote from: "PaulGuelph"
When I look at the emergency helpline numbers at the front of my telephone book, I see that there are 8 specifically for women, 2 specifically for children, and none specifically for men.

Similar ratios I'd say.

You are expendable - get used to it  [/sarcasm]

Go Up