Two Kidnapped Girls Found, Returned to Dad

Started by johnnyp, Feb 04, 2006, 08:24 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

johnnyp

Every once in a while the system gives justice to a man.  I wonder what the penalty is for "unlawful removing" of children?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060204/ap_on_re_us/kidnapped_children_found
LILLINGTON, N.C. - Two girls abducted more than six years ago were reunited with their father this week after they were found during a traffic stop, the     FBI said Friday.

Authorities have said the girls, ages 6 and 8 at the time of the abduction, were picked up by their mother, Joyce Linda Murray Steyne, and her brother, Stephen Kirk Murray, on Dec. 17, 1999, from their father's home.

Despite a court order, the girls were not returned, authorities said. A 16-year-old son also taken from the home was later found abandoned at a hotel in Roanoke Rapids.

The girls, whom the FBI did not identify by name, were found in a car during a traffic stop Thursday in Lillington when a law enforcement officer became suspicious and identified Steyne.

The FBI said Steyne, 45, is charged with removal of minor children in North Carolina in violation of a custody order and an unlawful flight to avoid prosecution. Authorities were still searching for Murray, the FBI said.
 woman needs a man like a fish needs water

dr e

Despite a court order, the girls were not returned, authorities said. A 16-year-old son also taken from the home was later found abandoned at a hotel in Roanoke Rapids.

Are we seeing an indicator or relative value?

It will be interesting to see what sort of sentence she receives.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

TheManOnTheStreet

So she kept the girls and dumped the boy?  Did I read the correctly?

WOW!  Nice!  She really tought the girls the value of a male, eh?
The Man On The Street is on the street for a reason.......

LSBeene

Well, in all fairness the boy WAS 16 and it may have been "I'm old enough to decide for myself".  It may have been he got dumped, but we'll never know (this story is "over" newswise).

What caught my attention was the fact that this woman had been allowed to be FREE for 6 years.  The FBI takes kidnapping seriously (traditional cash for person cases are RARE now), and in some cases when a man takes the kids they declare an Amber Alert.  But this woman, who obviously still associated with family members (the brother) could ... what?  Not be found!?  Not bloody likely they looked too freaking hard is more like.

I do not know the seriousness of "removal of minor children", but unlawful flight to avoid prosecution is a serious crime.  

I hope she gets 6 years.  The same amount of time she stole from the father.

THAT would send a message.  A year for a year.

Steven
'Watch our backs at home, we'll guard the wall over here. You can sleep safe tonight, we'll guard the door."

Isaiah 6:8
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

FP

In fairness to the whole Amber alert thing, its only been in major use for what, 1-2 years? I have also seen it used for mothers who took their kids away. Though that seems more rare... :wink:

Sir Percy

My guess is that some sort of alert, Amber of otherwise, must still have been in operation for the policemen to have acted. He was suspicious of something: he radio'd it in: he found she was wanted.
vil, like misery, is Protean, and never greater than when committed in the name of 'right'. To commit evil when they are convinced they are doing 'good', is one of the greatest of pleasures known to a feminist.

dr e

Quote from: "Sir Percy"
My guess is that some sort of alert, Amber of otherwise, must still have been in operation for the policemen to have acted. He was suspicious of something: he radio'd it in: he found she was wanted.

While this is true it also needs to be pointed out that it took them over 6 years!  It is all too familiar.  I have worked with men before who were owed child support by their ex-wives.  They knew where the wife was, knew where she worked etc but the Maryland collection people did almost nothing to collect.  Both cases the ex was in another state but that doesn't seem to stop things when it is a man they are seeking.  To this day I don't think either woman has paid a fricking dime.  Opened my eyes when I saw if first hand.  The system is built to squeeze the life and money out of men and to overlook the females.  Maybe I have a biased sample but that is the way it looks from my own experience.  I know plenty of men who are out of state from their ex and have their paychecks zapped automatically.  Why wouldn't they do that with the women?  

The kicker is that if you went and read the regulations and the laws and talked with the administrators of these collections programs they would tell you a different story that starts with "Once upon a time" and ends with "We treat everyone equally."  I just don't buy it anymore.  My own observations tell me something different.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

woof

6 years?....this is a lifetime when it comes to young children.....I hope she gets 20 years for kidnaping.
Even a whole village can't replace dad, children need both parents.

gwallan

In Australia recently one of our tabloidy television current affairs shows has run articles on mothers kidnapping kids from their dads. They've been treated quite sensitively and even included contact numbers for public assistance. Somebody has noticed at least.
In 95% of things 100% of people are alike. It's the other 5%, the bits that are different, that make us interesting. It's also the key to our existence, and future, as a species.

LSBeene

Quote from: "gwallan"
In Australia recently one of our tabloidy television current affairs shows has run articles on mothers kidnapping kids from their dads. They've been treated quite sensitively and even included contact numbers for public assistance. Somebody has noticed at least.

Always good to hear good news!

Steven
'Watch our backs at home, we'll guard the wall over here. You can sleep safe tonight, we'll guard the door."

Rob

This reminds me of a website I came across around a year or so ago about a fellow living in my province.

I searched for his website again, but couldn't find it. If I remember correctly from his website he was spending every Saturday morning (his day off) outside the courthouse as a lone protester trying to get awareness and signatures on his petition to change Canadian Laws so that the police can go after his ex for dissappearing with his son 6 years ago.

Apparently Canada's government agency called "Family Maintenance" takes his child-support checks and forwards them to his ex, however they will not inform him of where his ex and his son are living, as that would be a violation against her. He says that though his ex is breaking the law by ignoring a court order, it is not attached to criminal law?/the Police, so the Police are powerless to arrest his wife for denying him access to his son - as he doesn't even know where they are.

Kinda sounds like a kidnapping to me.

Sorry, I couldn't find his website back, but I did find his on-line petition which explains the story somewhat. I don't honestly know much about the validity of his claim, as I am not a lawyer. If what he says about Family Maintenance and the Courts/Police is true, then if I were him I would be making such a big freaking stink about it that all you guys that don't even live in Canada would know about me!

http://www.gopetition.com.au/info.php?petid=415

Maybe all of my fellow Canuckleheads should sign this guy's petition and boost the numbers up a bit.

LSBeene

Gee, they can jail men for "contempt of court" (splitting the legal hair of NO DEBTORS PRISON - Supreme Court ruling), but when SHE denies him his visitation ... that's NOT contempt of court.

Love feminazi law and it's cognizant dissonence (?sp) on "the best interests of the child".

That's probably why I had no contact (due to PAS) with my father for 21 years.

Steven

Assault

I signed the guys petition. That kind of thing pisses me off to no end. :evil:
Feminism is the product of female selfishness, compounded by male chivalry.

- Peter Zohrab -

Go Up