Seattle is getting hosed...

Started by Bilbo, Feb 05, 2006, 07:27 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

gwallan

Quote from: "Quasimodo"
Lab Mike, I'd bet that girl who thought you were going postal read the bogus feminist myth about Super Bowls causing a spike in DV. You just can't get away from this stuff.

So has any media trotted out the Superbowl myth this year?
In 95% of things 100% of people are alike. It's the other 5%, the bits that are different, that make us interesting. It's also the key to our existence, and future, as a species.

Fidelbogen

Quote from: "gwallan"
Quote from: "Quasimodo"
Lab Mike, I'd bet that girl who thought you were going postal read the bogus feminist myth about Super Bowls causing a spike in DV. You just can't get away from this stuff.

So has any media trotted out the Superbowl myth this year?

I'm thinking we'll live with the aftereffects of the Superbowl myth for a few years yet. Apparently they aren't officially promulgating this any more, but it will take a while to flush the residuum out of the loop.

It's as if the fire is effectively extinguished, but the smoldering embers are still lying about waiting to be doused.

That "girl" mentioned above sounds like quite a bimbo. And ironically, just the kind of person you might expect to meet at a Superbowl party anyway... :?

Quentin0352

Personally I gave up on football a few years ago when the Raiders were robbed of a Superbowl chance against the Patriots who only got where they did due to bogus crap calls.

Go Up