Ride for Dads!

Started by Assault, Feb 10, 2006, 02:39 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Assault

I went to the Scotiabank this afternoon and as I was speaking to a financial service woman, I happened to look on her desk and noticed a donation box for prostate cancer!

The campaign was called "Ride for Dads". I assume it is some sort of motorcycle ride for men's health concerns. I was speechless for a moment, before I pulled out my two dollars and put it in the box. I received a nifty little rubber bracelet that says "Fight prostate cancer. Motorcyle ride for dads." And it has the Scotiabank logo on it.

I'm going to investigate further.  8)

Go Scotiabank!!!  :)
Feminism is the product of female selfishness, compounded by male chivalry.

- Peter Zohrab -

Quentin0352

Good to hear! I wonder if we can get something like that going here. It is a good idea and something I may look in to. I know we are seriously looking at doing a blood drive when we do our first protest for F4j here. THAT should be intertesting!

PowerMan72

Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan: "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."

The Biscuit Queen

Awesome!  Maybe we need to start something like that here. Hey Assault, now that you have your new bike you going to join this year? If you do, take pics!
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

Assault

Quote from: "PowerMan72"
:D

I think this might be it here . . .

http://www.ncrf.on.ca/eventsshow.php?eid=19

Maybe....The one I'm referring to didn't say anything about Bell though. It was the Scotiabank logo on everything. Maybe it's a collective thing? I don't know. I'm going to check into it at the bank on Monday and find out more details.

- Peter Zohrab -

Assault

Quote from: "The Biscuit Queen"
Awesome!  Maybe we need to start something like that here. Hey Assault, now that you have your new bike you going to join this year? If you do, take pics!

If I can find out how to join and participate, I'll definately be there. This is something I can DO and I'm pretty excited about the possibility of taking part.

And yeah, I'll take pics....*starts packing tinfoil*  :lol:

- Peter Zohrab -

Men's Rights Activist

I'm glad to hear about what Scotia Bank is doing for prostate cancer.  It's about time somebody showed some "public service" interest.  Thanks.
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

Assault

Ok, I've been busy lately so I haven't had time to post much but I went to that bank that Monday and spoke to the rep (who is female by the way).

I praised her for organizing this fundraiser for men and said it was nice to finally see some recognition for men's health issues. She agreed and said she's been running the Ride for Dads for a few years now.

Here's the website;

http://www.kingston.motorcycleridefordad.org/

8)

- Peter Zohrab -

damnbiker

I may go to the Hamilton one, it's a bit closer.  The web site doesn't really give any details about the ride itself (or maybe I'm just missing something)
It's not illegal to be a man...yet.

Assault

Quote from: "damnbiker"
I may go to the Hamilton one, it's a bit closer.  The web site doesn't really give any details about the ride itself (or maybe I'm just missing something)

When you download the pledge form, it has the address and times marked on it....at least the Kingston one does.

- Peter Zohrab -

Go Up