Knife Block Action Group.

Started by Rob Layton, Feb 14, 2006, 09:27 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Rob Layton

Many people are still fighting to get this nasty little gadget off the market.
George has never given up and I commend him for this.
Please help.....

Hi, Please write and make a formal complain against the iwantoneofthose.com company and web site to:

[email protected]

This is the Trading Standards Address in Swindon, England where the company are based.

From Janet's (my local Trading Standards officer)reply (below) it would seem that further compalints may be important.
Thanks.

George Rolph.
Knife Block Action Group

ggreen67

Heck, I say let them sell it.

Be a perfect "Get Out Now" symbol for guys.

Say you visit a particular femaleshome/apt/etc and see that little gem. Instant "Get Out Now" sign.

Rob Layton

Quote from: "ggreen67"
Heck, I say let them sell it.

Be a perfect "Get Out Now" symbol for guys.

Say you visit a particular femaleshome/apt/etc and see that little gem. Instant "Get Out Now" sign.

If you visit someone who has one of these, you would be a very poor judge of character.
What would you be doing there?

Fidelbogen

I have already been campaigning against this thing, from clear across "the pond". A few weeks ago, I photoshopped together a little ad flyer for those people, designed to put them in a pretty bad light. The flyer includes contact information. I have been spreading these flyers here and there, in Washington state USA where I live, and hopefully this has created some ripples already. Time will tell. I would advise others to consider similar samizdat actions. Not only does it put the heat on "those people", but it serves the larger effort against feminism as a whole.....

This is the kind of thing that would stick in the collective mind like glue from hell if it were made widely enough known. So let's make it widely known, and make sure that a link with feminism is clearly established; when people think of feminism, the Knife Block Man should be one of the images that IMMEDIATELY springs to mind.

Fidelbogen

Further thoughts: If we succeed in "correcting" those people too quickly, we'll deprive ourselves of the exquisite sport of barbeque-ing them slowly....and making them famous for all eternity. The propaganda benefit would be lost if this thing ends with a brief splash that is quickly settled and forgotten. We don't want it to be forgotten; we want to leave a scar, a permanent record. We want the Knife Block Man to become an historically enduring symbol of feminism.

Dont we....? :?:

Rob Layton

Quote from: "Fidelbogen"
Further thoughts: If we succeed in "correcting" those people too quickly, we'll deprive ourselves of the exquisite sport of barbeque-ing them slowly....and making them famous for all eternity. The propaganda benefit would be lost if this thing ends with a brief splash that is quickly settled and forgotten. We don't want it to be forgotten; we want to leave a scar, a permanent record. We want the Knife Block Man to become an historically enduring symbol of feminism.

Dont we....? :?:

This problem has gone on for months now. George has contacted politicians and many agencies, I myself have contacted religious groups to no avail. The problem with leaving it any longer is this.

http://www.maartenbaas.com/Main.asp?Section=Miscellaneous&ID=134

As you can see the things just get worse and worse. We have to stand our ground.

http://maletalk.blogspot.com/2006/02/phycho-awards-for-kitchen-design.html

Rob Layton

A big thank you for the response we have had. I have had lots of e/mails please get others to send the message that would be great.

sealion

Well I know some women (and sadly a few "men" ) who find this filth funny .
It was posted on a female friendly board a few months ago , much to the delight of the man-hating feminists . I protested and was "flamed" .
I was told to "lighten up" "It's only a joke" etc .
I am glad I am not the only one who found this incitement to murder (for that is what it is ) offensive .
I hope this gets banned and anyone caught selling it is subject to the most severe penalties .

Rob Layton

Quote from: "sealion"
Well I know some women (and sadly a few "men" ) who find this filth funny .
It was posted on a female friendly board a few months ago , much to the delight of the man-hating feminists . I protested and was "flamed" .
I was told to "lighten up" "It's only a joke" etc .
I am glad I am not the only one who found this incitement to murder (for that is what it is ) offensive .
I hope this gets banned and anyone caught selling it is subject to the most severe penalties .

Good for you sealion join us then and e/mail the adress given its growing by the minute.
Thanks...Tell everybody about this thread and lets get something done..

sealion

Ps
I must just add ,that I feel shamed that this piece of filth seems to have originated in England .
I feel that this is an insult to the land of my birth!!

Rob Layton

Ps
I must just add ,that I feel shamed that this piece of filth seems to have originated in England .
I feel that this is an insult to the land of my birth!!

sealion my friend, we have no need to feel shame as long as people like you stand your ground...good for you.
Get others involved and lets have a victory :D
tell them to emal the adress given Thanks..

sealion

Thank you , friend .
BTW I did complain to the sellers of this rubbish , they couldn't care less .
Maybe the police ought to be involved ? It is ,quite clearly an incitement to murder

Rob Layton

Thank you , friend .
BTW I did complain to the sellers of this rubbish , they couldn't care less .
Maybe the police ought to be involved ? It is ,quite clearly an incitement to murder

Believe me ..George has tried everything!
I have seen the e/amails... police, government.
The church, I have tried myself, to no avail.
This is a last ditch attempt to stop this nasty little gadget..
I will not give up.

zarby

If you had a similar thing for black people, or women, or almost any group other than men, it would not be tolerated. The media would be all over it. It would probably be construed as illegal in some form or fashion.

This is a very good example of the inequality that exists.

Rob Layton

Want to see one Zarby this is what someone sent me to put on my blog?

http://maletalk.blogspot.com/2006/01/all-men-are-bastards-knife_113619448598827378.html

Go Up