My Favorite Customer Died

Started by contrarymary, Feb 15, 2006, 05:20 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

contrarymary

Quote from: "The Biscuit Queen"
Ikanneg, No, not really, revenge is revenge, it is a mindset. Your two examples are only that of a variation on extremes. I don't think you are a bad person, but this is not something i personally could support.

((((((Mary))))))

(Those are virtual hugs)

Please let us know if there is anything we can do. T is always welcome here too, you know. I realize he is not aware of all this, but if you feel he is ready sometime to come here, we will welcome him with open arms.

I am sorry about your customer, it is very hard to lose someone you care about. Take care,
Jen

Thanks, BQ.

My customer was such a wonderful man.  He was in his 70s.   He had a beautiful accent, and he was quite handsome. He was, more importantly, extremely kind and caring.  He was so proud of his grand daughter.  They would come in every day, and when he thought she wasn't looking, he'd buy a pack of Camels.  He asked me out once.  Loving in a committed relationship I had to, of course, say no.  But were I not with T,  I would have said yes, and let me tell you, when I mentioned that, after he left the store, everyone laughed at that idea.  Why was that so funny, that a 50 year old would go out with a man of over 70?  He was a beautiful person.  

Then of course, someone said, "Well, maybe he's rich".  I hate that shit - the, "find an older man with money and hope for him to die".  I don't know if he had money, and I wouldn't have cared.  He was a special person.

Little incidents such as the above tells one A LOT about others.  (I'm not sure I like many of the persons with whom I work.)  Then, another co-worker had to bring sex into the equation.  There seem to be a lot of assumptions about older men and their sexuality or shall I say ostensible LACK OF.

This board has been such an education for me, as well as the other men's issues sites.  It really has.  Oh, BQ, I got a lovely letter from the head of NCFM - GNY and it mentioned YOU by name.....

I really would love to visit sometime.  Thanks so much for the invitation.  If we ever go up to Utica, perhaps?

Love you, sweetie.
quot;I can resist anything but temptation."

Oscar Wilde

Kyo

I think the "eye for an eye" philosophy goes all the way back to Hammurabi.  3000 BC, maybe?  I can't remember.

And in a sense, that's what's the world has done to T, only in reverse order.  The horrible punishment of his ex-wife followed by the good luck to have met someone as kind as you, Mary.  Never, ever stop loving him!

contrarymary

Quote from: "Kyo"
I think the "eye for an eye" philosophy goes all the way back to Hammurabi.  3000 BC, maybe?  I can't remember.

And in a sense, that's what's the world has done to T, only in reverse order.  The horrible punishment of his ex-wife followed by the good luck to have met someone as kind as you, Mary.  Never, ever stop loving him!

Kyo, the thought of him alone, after all this happened, for - let's see - over three years - shunned by neighbors, unable to find work - makes my literally sick.

I must write my book.  I must. I do feel it's a story which needs to be told -

I'm not all that special, but I do love him and no, I'll never stop.

Now I need to take a break from all this.  It gets to be a bit much at times.....
quot;I can resist anything but temptation."

Oscar Wilde

BaltimoreMan

Quote from: "contrarymary"
Quote from: "Kyo"

Kyo, the thought of him alone, after all this happened, for - let's see - over three years - shunned by neighbors, unable to find work - makes my literally sick.

I must write my book.  I must. I do feel it's a story which needs to be told -

I'm not all that special, but I do love him and no, I'll never stop.

Now I need to take a break from all this.  It gets to be a bit much at times.....

Please be well whereever you go. And T, too.
ou never loved your friends, my friends, as I shall love my foes

Rob Layton

Quote from: "Rob Layton"
Mary my heart goes out to you dear freind. I know you have a wonderful faith which has sustained you at these times of uncertainty.
Rest assured there is one above who was falsley accused to, who truly understands how you and T feel. My prayers and those of all your freinds  here will be with you to bare you up at this time.
Along with prayers for good health and prosperity I offer you my good will as you once did for me in my time of need....God Bless you MARY.

Rob.

Oh, Rob, I love you so.

I have no faith anymore - none at all.  I'm sorry.

I bet you have seen these words many times.  

Footprints.

http://www.llerrah.com/footprints.htm

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed
he was walking along the beach with the LORD.

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.
For each scene he noticed two sets of
footprints in the sand: one belonging
to him, and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed that many times along the path of
his life there was only one set of footprints.

He also noticed that it happened at the very
lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he
questioned the LORD about it:

"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow
you, you'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life,
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when
I needed you most you would leave me."

The LORD replied:

"My son, my precious child,
I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."

written by Mary Stevenson

These simple little words have sustained me many times.
I pray they will do they same for you..God Bless you and yours

Much Love Rob

Dave K

Mary, you certainly have a right  not to believe in God. I just want to tell you my expirience. I have had a lot of really tough things going on lately. I cannot believe it is only February, it feels like an eternity.  However, my faith is what has helped me be strong, helped me make good decisions, and helped me deal in a healthy way. I feel good things and terrible things happen, and God is not a control freak, keeping me from harm. He does, however, if I choose to ask, give me the ability to cope with it all.

I take great comfort in my faith and I am a better person for it.

I can certainly understand how after going through such hell with T and his ex that yours is stretched thin. Just remember, though, that anytime you want to try again, you are welcome.

You are also welcome to come visit here anytime. I have a flyball tourney near you coming up in a month, I will PM you and make plans to visit if you will be around.

Take care of yourself.

Jen

The Biscuit Queen

Crap, sorry, the above was me-I didn't realize I was on Dave's sesktop.  :oops:
he Biscuit Queen
www.thebiscuitqueen.blogspot.com

There are always two extremes....the truth lies in the middle.

tudball

One man's thoughts on the Footprint story:

Sorry to have to break it to you, Jesus, but those are obviously my footprints.
Look closely. See how those footprints have that wavy tread pattern on the bottom, just like my docksiders? If they were yours, they'd make a sandal mark, like the footprints next to mine a little farther up the beach when I was going through better times.
See the footprints at the time of my divorce? You'll notice that the sandaled footprints drift off from the docksider ones. They lead to that picnic bench over there, the one with the cigarette butts scattered all over. It appears that in my darkest hour, instead of carrying me, you sat on a stump and had a couple of smokes. Real helpful, Jesus. Real helpful.
Sure, the sandal footprints came back when I got that big job promotion, but right at the point where my son Tommy died, they veer off again. Actually, now that I look again, it seems like there's an unusually large distance between each of the sandal-wearer's footprints around the time of my son's death, as if the person were actually running away.
I'm sorry, Jesus, but your whole story about carrying me during my worst moments just doesn't gibe with the facts. Besides, you'd certainly think a person would remember being carried by the Son of God, right? That's a pretty memorable thing, wouldn't you say? Well, either I've got amnesia, or you're a liar, because I don't recall ever being toted around by the Messiah. The only thing I do remember about my worst moments on the path of life is the horrible feeling of plodding along the cold sand all alone while icy rain fell in sheets and chill winds assailed me.
So thanks, Jesus. Thanks a bunch. You were really there for me when things got tough.

tudball

triple post, sorry

tudball

triple post...sorry

LSBeene

Oh, Rob, I love you so.

I have no faith anymore - none at all.  I'm sorry.

When I went through my false rape allegation it was ONLY my faith that carried me.  I remember picking up my bible, which I had not touched (in a meaningful way) in years.  I thought, ok God, I need help and I am so freaking lost ... here goes.  I opened it randomly.  It opened to a part of the book of Job.  So I went to the begining and read it.  Trust me, I GOT it.

As to tuddball, I'm sorry you see it that way man.  I am.  It's hard to belive that God would allow bad things to happen to good people.  But it's because of US.  He allows each of us to make good choices and bad ones.  And people can choose to do evil.  The innocent it affects hurt and I know that hurt, but it just means that God loves us enough to allow us to be in charge of our own lives - even though we do horrible things to each other.

BQ - you wouldn't look good in Dave's clothes either - they'd fall off of you.  

CM, I know it's hard - how come T and you don't move and start over.  It's NOT a surrender to do so.  I know that one from my own life.  It's saying that you won't let that BITCH have power over you by letting her evil control your life.

Steven
'Watch our backs at home, we'll guard the wall over here. You can sleep safe tonight, we'll guard the door."

Isaiah 6:8
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

Go Up