Feminists strengthen their stranglehold on academia

Started by johnnyp, Feb 21, 2006, 11:39 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

johnnyp

http://www.cnn.com/2006/EDUCATION/02/21/harvard.summers.reut/index.html

BOSTON, Massachusetts (Reuters) -- Harvard University President Lawrence Summers was expected to resign this week after a turbulent five years of leading the prestigious school, The Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday.

...sparked controversy last year when he said innate differences between men and women may help explain why so few women work in the academic sciences.
 woman needs a man like a fish needs water

Thomas

If he was driven out, I have no sympathy for him. He should have stood up to the bullies rather than caving and trying to bribe them with $50 million.
We Are Self-Exterminating Through The Collapse Of Fertility Rates.
The Death of Birth.
Fertility Rates Magazine.

slayton

I hate to play the smartass here, but what did I tell you, Gerard? Summers saved his reputation by being a good little boy, you said? Right...

Galt

Quote from: "Thomas"
If he was driven out, I have no sympathy for him. He should have stood up to the bullies rather than caving and trying to bribe them with $50 million.

They took their $50 million and THEN got rid of him.

Galt

johnnyp

Quote from: "Thomas"

One man can only do so much when the world is against him

I was disappointed when he started trying to bribe the feminists...

He should have tried harder

Say a prayer for a fallen brother, regardless of his faults

ThePatriarch

Steve Sailer article on the topic:

http://www.isteve.com/2005_Education_of_Larry_Summers.htm

La griffe du lion article on the topic:

http://www.lagriffedulion.f2s.com/math.htm

Economist Walter Williams article on the topic:

http://www.townhall.com/opinion/columns/walterwilliams/2005/03/16/14819.html

There is only one question that I care about anymore.  Is it true? Yes or no.

There is another question "Whether someone is offended by the truth or not."

Well, I don't care at all.
I don't care, I don't care, I don't care!

This is the only attitude I admire.

Nietzsche, the Anti-Christ, second paragraph! This sums it well!

http://www.fns.org.uk/ac.htm

"intellectual integrity to the verge of hardness"

Malakas

BTW I'm not an American.
Will Summers actually resign?
If so, this will not go away.
Hallelujah & Allhamdu'lillah!
'm an asylum seeker. Don't send me back.

johnnyp

Quote from: "Malakas"
BTW I'm not an American.
Will Summers actually resign?
If so, this will not go away.
Hallelujah & Allhamdu'lillah!

Summers is the President of Harvard University.  At an academic conference he brought up a debating point for discussion that a possible factor that women are scarce at the highest levels of academic science is because of innate brain differences between men and women.  

Over the last several years some papers have been published about innate brain differences between men and women.  These papers were based on PET scan research.

The feminist jihadies at the conference got the vapors and stormed out of the room.  It has been downhill since then.

It now looks like Summers is declaring defeat and leaving Harvard.  His defeat marks another loss for knowledge and reason.

dr e

Damn.  If only he could have stood his ground and simply said, "This is the way I see it, your miliage may vary."  No apologies.  No apologies.  No apologies.  Shit.   Did I say, no apologies?  Then let the chips fall where they may.  Let them fall from the vapors and don't pick them up.  If they fired him for his views it would have made a huge statement about THEM.  

A missed opportunity indeed.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

D

Quote from: "Dr Evil"
Damn.  If only he could have stood his ground and simply said, "This is the way I see it, your miliage may vary."  No apologies.  No apologies.  No apologies.  Shit.   Did I say, no apologies?  Then let the chips fall where they may.  Let them fall from the vapors and don't pick them up.  If they fired him for his views it would have made a huge statement about THEM.  

A missed opportunity indeed.

Well these whackjobs are no different than putting that guy in jail for being a 'Holocaust' denier.   I mean seriously, simply saying you don't believe something is not a punishible crime,  back it up with evidence and show him he's wrong.   These feminists are loonie tunes.  But at least the guy didn't go to jail for two years.  

I can't believe when people read this stuff they don't begin to start beliving in my concpiracy theories.   I mean how much evidence is needed?

2 + 2 = 5 or 3 or whatever we want, but never 4.

(Not that I aggree or dissaree with the research because I simply don't know, it's just that the response is militant, fascist etc.. which is what I thought feminists were opposed to?)

no2fembots

I agree with Dr. E et al, in that he should have stood his ground at the onset of the barrage of femitard hatred.  He would have lived to see another day - and he would have struck a major blow against the destruction of higher education at the hands of feminism.

What the hell did he have to lose, anyway?  He is smart, well educated, financially secure... he could've blown off those feminags and made a 7 figure income in the private sector (assuming the femishits actually defeated him).

So, he loses, Harvard loses, everyone loses another round to those poisoned animals...
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."  - Winston Churchill

"Get Angry...Get Loud... GET UP off your KNEES!"

Thomas

The loss was complete when Summers caved to the feminists and tried to cover his own assets by selling out other men with a $50 million bribe to the feminists. He was no friend of truth or of the academy, when he groveled for people who made it clear that they will not tolerate the asking of certain questions.

If he was driven from office, it's no more of a loss than it was a loss for the union when Lincoln removed George McClellan from his position of command. (Though it's too early in this stage of the gender war, the stage in which men are finally standing up for their rights, to hope that Summers will be replaced by the likes of a Ulysses S. Grant.)

Summers betrayed men, boys, and truth, when he -- already a well-off and highly respected individual -- surrendered to feminists in order to protect his own interests.
We Are Self-Exterminating Through The Collapse Of Fertility Rates.
The Death of Birth.
Fertility Rates Magazine.

FEMINAZIHATEMARTYR

The loss was complete when Summers caved to the feminists and tried to cover his own assets by selling out other men with a $50 million bribe to the feminists. He was no friend of truth or of the academy, when he groveled for people who made it clear that they will not tolerate the asking of certain questions.

How interesting, history recapitulates. Appeasement wasnt effective with the Nazis in 1939 and it failed to quiet the feminazis now. Wonder if theres any way to reclaim the $50 million?
What good fortune for government that people do not think."
                         Adolph Hitler

"Where madness rules the absurd is not far away."

We must not make the mistake of thinking that all those who eat the bread of dictatorship are evil from the first; but they must necessarily become evil....The curse of a system of terror is that there is no turning back; neither in the large realm of policies nor the 'smaller' realm of everyday human relationships is it possible for men to retrace their steps."
- Dr. Hans Bernd Gisevius
(1904-1974)

Sir Percy

Summers betrayed men, boys, and truth, when he -- already a well-off and highly respected individual -- surrendered to feminists in order to protect his own interests.

I have to agree. He also betrayed academic freedom as the leader of a University, his fiscal responsibilites as a Chief Executive, and his country ( a long shot, I know) by kow-towing to a anti-American religiously  fanatical creed, Feminism.
vil, like misery, is Protean, and never greater than when committed in the name of 'right'. To commit evil when they are convinced they are doing 'good', is one of the greatest of pleasures known to a feminist.

Go Up