Started by Men's Rights Activist, Mar 06, 2006, 12:20 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Men's Rights Activist

The Right Wing Conspirator: Vagina Monologues Demeans Women
http://tinyurl.com/kgo2a
By: Ryan Bilodeau
Issue date: 2/28/06 Section: Editorial/Opinion
"02/28/06 - The Vagina Monologues is a disturbing play that lionizes child rape, bashes men and reduces women to a single body part. The creator of the play, Eve Ensler, and the V-Day movement claims that this play empowers women when in actuality it objectifies them and makes them nothing more than a sexual object. It is vulgar, crude and highly offensive.

In order to avoid discussing the actual content of the play, they cloak it in the noble cause of ending violence against women. Their stated goal is not their true purpose. It is never explained how talking about a woman's sexual anatomy, or vilifying all men, is going to accomplish this."

and
"Eve Ensler, author of the "play" The Vagina Monologues, sparked a global movement when she decided to market her work as a tool to end violence against women and enlisted women celebrities like Susan Sarandon, Whoopi Goldberg, Winona Ryder and many other Hollywood elites, to launch "V-Day."

and
A founding tenet of this new religion is that all men are created evil. One college student at the workshop demonstrated her adherence to this doctrine when she stated, "It's really important to teach men how to stop being violent." Maybe she's starting to understand that women talking about their sexual anatomy all day isn't ending violence against women. Too bad she hasn't realized that vilifying all men isn't the solution either."
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

Sir Percy

It is a clever piece of work, the VMs. It taps into a fundemental aspect of women that is also present in men. The fears we have, un-named and oblique. Once any part of it is accepted and named by the women who see this 'play', they are on a slippery slope. The marketing ploy is a viscious lie. It is done in the name of 'good'.

See my tag-line.
vil, like misery, is Protean, and never greater than when committed in the name of 'right'. To commit evil when they are convinced they are doing 'good', is one of the greatest of pleasures known to a feminist.

Malakas

Interesting bit of pedantry -

A couple of days ago I came across the original latin meaning of vagina - 'a sheath (for a sword!!)'  :lol:
'm an asylum seeker. Don't send me back.

LSBeene

And "Penis" means "tail" from what I am told

Steven
'Watch our backs at home, we'll guard the wall over here. You can sleep safe tonight, we'll guard the door."

Isaiah 6:8
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

Wookie

While we are discussing the origins of words

I learnt the other day that "BRIDEGROOM"  actually means "Bride's Servant"

As Groom derives from the old english for servant.

That damn Patriarchy again! :roll:
he Light That Burns Twice As Bright Burns Half As Long - Blade Runner

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Go Up