Hi Everyone!

Started by lkanneg, Mar 14, 2006, 04:19 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

lkanneg

I am starting a thread b/c Dr. E. says (I think, correct me if I got this wrong, Dr. E)  that in order to be allowed to stay on the board I must do the following:

A) start a thread and
B) apologize to the board for not following through and for leaving threads hanging and
C)commit myself to not committing the same mistake from this point forward

If anybody was or is bugged that I didn't finish every thread I entered into in the past, I totally apologize!  However, I can't promise I'll never ever do it again.  I may miss a post, lose interest in the topic, fear that things are getting too combative or too pointless, have life issues that pull me away from posting altogether for a period of time...the same reasons that everybody else doesn't always continue in every single thread he or she enters til the bitter end.  

How's that?

Lisa
quot;Remember no one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
--Eleanor Roosevelt

"Something which we think is impossible now is not impossible in another decade."
-- Constance Baker Motley

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got."
--Janis Joplin

Galt

Quote from: "lkanneg"
How's that?

Lisa


I object because you're being too ambitious.  Just give sloppy, ill-thought-out answers to people like I do.

I take it that you don't drink enough alcohol.

TheManOnTheStreet

Beeerrrrr  You need beerrrrr IK... that helps.. Honest.. I promise!

And since I am in NH (well CT right now) I wont rape you when you are all buzzed and drunk....
:-)

A joke IK..... honest.

Al
The Man On The Street is on the street for a reason.......
_________________________________
It's not illegal to be male.....yet.

The Gonzman

Don't matter to me - long as we all understand that by not answering a post/challenge (And a "no" with reasons behind it is a valid answer) it's long been considered  here at SYG that you concede the truth of the other person's argument.

That's been kind of an unwriotten rule here for a long assed time, and it's not a special feminist rule.

The things that set me and other people here off is not a feminist per se, but the attitude that many feminists and their allies have that they are going to enlighten us unwashed barbarians, and proceed to do so by tossing out the same hoary and hackneyed claims based on premises that are long debunked here, and expect them to be accepted as gospel truth.

Just oneexample: There ain't a MRA here that thinks that open rape season on women should be declared.  A lot of us have wives, daughters, sisters - we all have mothers - and would probably kill the motherfucker, or refuse to convict the man who did.

99+% of men don't do this.  It's easily demonstrated.  Rapists are a fraction of a percent of the population.

Thing is, though, the "women never lie" is also easily demonstrated bullshit.  Women do lie.  They do so for a variety of reasons.  And a man accused of rape deserves his due process.  We've a lot of men here who HAVE been victims of false accusations, they do exist, and dismissing them as irrelevant with statistical morality is the fast track to making enemies.

Yes, men who rape are scum.  Women who falsely accuse are scum too, and in many respects worse scum.  And it's not going to hurt an argument to concede that.

We're inherently suspicious of feminist solutions because we have seen them be one sided, and prone to abuse, and abuse of process; you'd be shocked to find out how many men here would cheerfully support even more draconian provisions than the feminists propose if safeguards were included to prevent abuse of it, rather than blithely dismissed with a "That's such a small proportion it's unnecessary."
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

lkanneg

Quote from: "AlMartin"
Beeerrrrr  You need beerrrrr IK... that helps.. Honest.. I promise!

And since I am in NH (well CT right now) I wont rape you when you are all buzzed and drunk....
:-)

A joke IK..... honest.

Al


You're bad.   :)
quot;Remember no one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
--Eleanor Roosevelt

"Something which we think is impossible now is not impossible in another decade."
-- Constance Baker Motley

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got."
--Janis Joplin

lkanneg

Quote from: "Galt"
Quote from: "lkanneg"
How's that?

Lisa


I object because you're being too ambitious.  Just give sloppy, ill-thought-out answers to people like I do.

I take it that you don't drink enough alcohol.


Ha, just wait til this Friday, I am goin on a St. Patrick's Day bar crawl.  I'm gonna be swimming in alcohol.  Hey, does anybody know how to avoid the problem of "breaking the seal?"   :D
quot;Remember no one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
--Eleanor Roosevelt

"Something which we think is impossible now is not impossible in another decade."
-- Constance Baker Motley

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got."
--Janis Joplin

lkanneg

Quote from: "Gonzokid"
Don't matter to me - long as we all understand that by not answering a post/challenge (And a "no" with reasons behind it is a valid answer) it's long been considered  here at SYG that you concede the truth of the other person's argument.

That's been kind of an unwriotten rule here for a long assed time, and it's not a special feminist rule.


If I don't answer, folks are welcome to construe that however they like!

Quote from: "Gonzokid"
The things that set me and other people here off is not a feminist per se, but the attitude that many feminists and their allies have that they are going to enlighten us unwashed barbarians, and proceed to do so by tossing out the same hoary and hackneyed claims based on premises that are long debunked here, and expect them to be accepted as gospel truth.


Eh, now, I may be an annoying feminist but I don't think I've ever tried preaching on here...if I have or do, please let me know.  :P I'm not a big fan of preaching.

Quote from: "Gonzokid"
Yes, men who rape are scum.


I agree with that.

Quote from: "Gonzokid"
Women who falsely accuse are scum too


Ditto.

Quote from: "Gonzokid"
and in many respects worse scum.


I disagree with that.  

Quote from: "Gonzokid"
We're inherently suspicious of feminist solutions because we have seen them be one sided, and prone to abuse, and abuse of process; you'd be shocked to find out how many men here would cheerfully support even more draconian provisions than the feminists propose if safeguards were included to prevent abuse of it, rather than blithely dismissed with a "That's such a small proportion it's unnecessary."


I'm all for rewriting laws to slam false accusers in the ground.
quot;Remember no one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
--Eleanor Roosevelt

"Something which we think is impossible now is not impossible in another decade."
-- Constance Baker Motley

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got."
--Janis Joplin

The Gonzman

Quote
Gonzokid wrote:
and in many respects worse scum.

lkanneg wrote:
I disagree with that.


Man not too recently got released from prison after serving more than 15 years on a false charge - not just misindentified, but it never even happened.

Robbed a man of what?  20% of his life?

You're talking an awful high bar for a brutal rape to make this kind of thing not worse.  And any false accusation has this potential, even if not actualized.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

dr e

Perhaps some day you will start a thread to apologize based on your own sense of responsibility.  Maybe not.  It will do Lisa.  Thank you.

The history is that Lisa when she first came to this board engaged in numerous threads where she repeatedly, when she didn't have any other way out, would say, "I need to look into that and will get back to you."  She left quite a few of us hanging.  At the time it seemed to be more a maneuver to avoid having to say she was incorrect rather than a sincere interest in seeking more information.  After promising that she would "get back to us" after doing further research Lisa dissappeared from the board.

When she reappeared I asked her to start a thread and to please go back and report what she had found out in her "further" research.  She started the thread.  Then she disappeared again.

Now she is back and I have pretty much given up on having her take responsibility for her actions and instead have simply asked that she start a thread and apologize to the board for past behaviors.  

And so it goes.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

SIAM

lkanneg - I'd consider you a moderate feminist;  I now have to concede your opinions are welcome here (IMHO!) simply because of the dearth of feminists willing to debate online..... Haven't even seen Devia around for a while....

BUT.....you do the feminist thing when you offer an unsubstantiated claim - when your claim is proven to be false or you are pressed to offer evidence of your claim, you offer a non-sequitur response, or simply disappear from the debate - seen it time and again with you to know this is somewhat of a habit of yours - I now think it's more of a stubborn streak than anything more devious/passive aggressive.  

The problem with debates is the longer they go on, the more entrenched and attached people get to their argument - it's human nature not to 'back down' - but also sometimes the other side to an argument puts forward a more compelling case, with evidence to back it up.  In those cases, who ever concedes their point? I rarely see it.  I think that's why it's so rare to find a feminist to debate with.

lkanneg

Quote from: "Gonzokid"
Quote
Gonzokid wrote:
and in many respects worse scum.

lkanneg wrote:
I disagree with that.


Man not too recently got released from prison after serving more than 15 years on a false charge - not just misindentified, but it never even happened.

Robbed a man of what?  20% of his life?

You're talking an awful high bar for a brutal rape to make this kind of thing not worse.  And any false accusation has this potential, even if not actualized.


I have a hard time personally grading levels of scumhood (if that's a word).  You appear to be doing so based upon the potential outcome of the scummy act committed.  If I were to do that, I would have to classify rape as the scummier crime, as permanent disfigurment, maiming, and death are potential outcomes of rape, not only because they are potential outcomes of any physical assault perpetrated upon one person by another, but also as a potential outcome of a pregnancy resulting from the rape.  Goodbye, 100% of the victim's life.  However, I'm not comfortable making that blanket judgement call.  For me to judge one perpetrator scummier than the other, I would have to look at two specific cases that had occurred, one of rape and one of false accusation, take into account the situation surrounding both, the victim and perpetrator, and what actually happened to both perpetrator and victim in the outcome.
quot;Remember no one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
--Eleanor Roosevelt

"Something which we think is impossible now is not impossible in another decade."
-- Constance Baker Motley

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got."
--Janis Joplin

Men's Rights Activist

Quote
"If anybody was or is bugged that I didn't finish every thread I entered into in the past, I totally apologize! However, I can't promise I'll never ever do it again. I may miss a post, lose interest in the topic, fear that things are getting too combative or too pointless, have life issues that pull me away from posting altogether for a period of time...the same reasons that everybody else doesn't always continue in every single thread he or she enters til the bitter end.

How's that?"


(Satire)  There's no excuse for hanging threads, according to the policies of The Office of Stalinist Feminist Propaganda.  :twisted:  Consequently, you must admit your accused short comings.  :twisted:  Guilt is of no importance, it is only through the admission of your perceived individual guilt that you will show true individual contrition and the proper attitude of harmonious compliance with the greater Stalinist Feminist Collective.   :twisted:

Opps, never mind.  This is not one of those Stalinist Feminist web sites.  :lol:  (End Satire)

On a serious note, :?  I can see the importance of Dr. E trying to induce good feedback from people who post threads so there is a cogent process, wherein the issue(s) are thoroughly discussed.  Yes, we all should try to facilitate the flow of discussion, most especially on the threads we post.

As far as the debate becoming too passionate to participate in, I feel that is somewhat of a lame excuse, and an attempt to pull rank based on gender, i.e., "You have to treat me special, because I'm a girl."  

I believe anyone can remain gracious, while still asserting one's viewpoint, even in the face of the most obnoxious argumentation.  I for one just don't feel it's fair to be making special exceptions for female debaters who allege to be the equal of men, yet somehow, "secretly," appear to expect chivalrous dispensations from men, because of female gender.   :shock:
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

Men's Rights Activist

Quote
"Robbed a man of what? 20% of his life?

You're talking an awful high bar for a brutal rape to make this kind of thing not worse. And any false accusation has this potential, even if not actualized."


IMO, In a virulently misandrist society like America, that treats all men as either criminals, or criminals waiting to happen, we are all just a heartbeat away from the horror of seeing our lives thrown away (jailed and/or lien attached) for the sake of feeding a rabid gender feminist, victim appeasement blood lust.  

Out in front of all the misandry, whipping up the blood lust, leading the charge of the legal system, is the gender feminist, victim-hood frenzy; hurling lies, innuendos, and false accusations at every homo sapiens born male.  

The gender feminist malaise, living these days in every male's heart, lurks just around the corner in every male's life; waiting to blind side him when he least expects it; waiting to destroy him and every good thing he has ever known.
Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness are fundamental rights for all (including males), & not contingent on gender feminist approval or denial. Consider my "Independence" from all tyrannical gender feminist ideology "Declared" - Here & Now!

lkanneg

Quote from: "Men's Rights Activist"
As far as the debate becoming too passionate to participate in, I feel that is somewhat of a lame excuse, and an attempt to pull rank based on gender, i.e., "You have to treat me special, because I'm a girl."  

I believe anyone can remain gracious, while still asserting one's viewpoint, even in the face of the most obnoxious argumentation.  I for one just don't feel it's fair to be making special exceptions for female debaters who allege to be the equal of men, yet somehow, "secretly," appear to expect chivalrous dispensations from men, because of female gender.   :shock:


Oh heck, I can promise quite sincerely that I never expect chivalrous treatment from men.  Anymore.  To remain totally honest, I must admit that when I was very young, I did subconsciously expect it from men in general.  I ceased to do so sometime before my eighteenth birthday, but I did retain a subconscious expectation of chivalrous behavior from my male significant other.  That gradually petered out, ending entirely approximately three years ago.  So here I am, utterly unexpecting of special chivalrous treatment cause I'm a chick.   :)
quot;Remember no one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
--Eleanor Roosevelt

"Something which we think is impossible now is not impossible in another decade."
-- Constance Baker Motley

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got."
--Janis Joplin

The Gonzman

Quote from: "lkanneg"

I have a hard time personally grading levels of scumhood (if that's a word).  You appear to be doing so based upon the potential outcome of the scummy act committed.  If I were to do that, I would have to classify rape as the scummier crime, as permanent disfigurment, maiming, and death are potential outcomes of rape, not only because they are potential outcomes of any physical assault perpetrated upon one person by another, but also as a potential outcome of a pregnancy resulting from the rape.  Goodbye, 100% of the victim's life.  However, I'm not comfortable making that blanket judgement call.  For me to judge one perpetrator scummier than the other, I would have to look at two specific cases that had occurred, one of rape and one of false accusation, take into account the situation surrounding both, the victim and perpetrator, and what actually happened to both perpetrator and victim in the outcome.


I'm not comfortable making blanket things either - which is why I said "many respects" instead of all respects.  Not most - and not insignificant.

And a lot of times a false accusation chases you for life, too, keep in mind.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

Go Up