Women only seminar?

Started by Assault, Mar 15, 2006, 02:44 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Assault

At a MMA forum I frequent, there was a posting about a free seminar for women only. I pointed out the sexism and hopefully it will open some eyes. :P

jiuchick  
Date: 03/11/06 02:54 PM
958 Total Posts  Ignore User  

Attention LADIES: Toronto BJJ will be hosting another Women's Open Matt, this time with BJJ Black Belt Leo Santos holding a seminar. As always, this event is FREE to any women interested (all levels welcome)!
We will be starting the seminar at 11am on Sunday March 19th at the new Bloor & Christie location (for exact address visit www.torontobjj.com). It will run until 2pm and we will have time to roll, so bring your gi and no-gi gear.

Any questions feel free to email me at [email protected].

Guys please pass this on :)

Thanks, yael

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ADMIN: [ Delete Message : Warn User : Warn Super Admin ]
Date: 03/11/06 06:13 PM
17 Total Posts  Ignore User  

WOOHOO!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 03/11/06 08:55 PM
3297 Total Posts  Ignore User  

Free seminar with LEo Santos did you say??? I may have to break out the wig and oranges once again !

Date: 03/13/06 12:10 PM
490 Total Posts  Ignore User  

WOO HOO! Can't wait! See all you ladies there!

Date: 03/13/06 01:25 PM
1872 Total Posts  Ignore User  

For some reason I see about 20 guys showing up in drag.

Date: 03/13/06 03:30 PM
961 Total Posts  Ignore User  

"For some reason I see about 20 guys showing up in drag." dominoe you gona be the leader of the pack? Please, no miniskirts.

Date: 03/13/06 05:41 PM
2976 Total Posts  Ignore User  

Baleia, u won't need those oranges! :)

Date: 03/14/06 07:13 PM
996 Total Posts  Ignore User  

WTF! My kingdom for some boobs!

Date: 03/15/06 09:59 AM
1876 Total Posts  Ignore User  

ttt

Date: 03/15/06 01:57 PM
450 Total Posts  Ignore User  
Edit    

Not to step on anyone's toes, but does anyone else find this really sexist?
Wouldn't feminists be freaking out if there were Men only free seminars?

Date: 03/15/06 02:25 PM
1877 Total Posts  Ignore User  

I think it's cool way to give back to the art and try and promote growth.

Date: 03/15/06 02:43 PM
963 Total Posts  Ignore User  

Hey Rob, I get what you're saying..but the initial idea for these 'events' was to have organized open matts for women specifically because a)some women, especially those new to the sport, don't feel comfortable training with men, and more importantly b) there's not a lot of women in the sport, especially in canada (compared to the states/brazil) so it's a good way to give women the rare chance to train with one another.
The seminars that have been taking place, including Leo's, are additions to the open matts...when someone offers to do a free seminar, we're not going to say no. I've organized open matts that didn't include a seminar....

I don't know if that makes it any better...and personally i'm all about equality...but women are a minority in the sport and i'm just trying to motivate them to train....I apologize if you're offended.

yael

Date: 03/15/06 03:38 PM
863 Total Posts  Ignore User  

Rob,
Stop being such a woman.

;)

Date: 03/15/06 04:35 PM
451 Total Posts  Ignore User  
Edit    

I figured you're trying to promote the sport, and quite frankly I think it's a great idea. I just wanted to point that out to make people stop and think the next time they hear some feminist shrew scream about "Equaliteeeeee!!!!"
Sometimes it's ok to have seperate events for the sexes. The world won't end.

Good luck, we need more women in the sport.

Date: 03/15/06 04:37 PM
452 Total Posts  Ignore User  
Edit    

"Rob, Stop being such a woman.
;) "

*untucks twig and berries*

:p
Feminism is the product of female selfishness, compounded by male chivalry.

- Peter Zohrab -

alien

It will be full of warm and fuzzy feelings and wonderful communications with no aggressive competition or posturing by males to get in the way. Later on when the gals decide the time is right - they'll DEMAND TO COMPETE AGAINST THE MEN.

TheManOnTheStreet

Feminist logic in all it's glory 101:

Golf course owner:  I am sorry ma'am.  This is a men's only club.

Feminist:  WHAT!  You cannot do that!  THAT'S SEXIST!  You have to let me in!  I deserve equal access to all the "deals" that happen on the course!  You MUST allow me equal access!  IT IS ILLEGAL TO DENY ME ACCESS!!!

Golf course owner:  I am sorry ma'am, that is our policy.  Why don't you come down to my office tomorrow and we can discuss possible alternative means for you to play here.

Feminist: NO!  I will be there within the next few hours, WITH MY LAWYER!

Golf course owner:  Well, you could come down now if you'd like, I have time.

Feminist: I have to go to a womans only seminar to address, but as soon as I am done, my lawyer and I will be there!  

Al
The Man On The Street is on the street for a reason.......

Gerard Velthuis

Feminist logic in all it's glory 101:

Golf course owner: I am sorry ma'am. This is a men's only club.

Feminist: WHAT! You cannot do that! THAT'S SEXIST! You have to let me in! I deserve equal access to all the "deals" that happen on the course! You MUST allow me equal access! IT IS ILLEGAL TO DENY ME ACCESS!!!

Golf course owner: I am sorry ma'am, that is our policy. Why don't you come down to my office tomorrow and we can discuss possible alternative means for you to play here.

Feminist: NO! I will be there within the next few hours, WITH MY LAWYER!

Golf course owner: Well, you could come down now if you'd like, I have time.

Feminist: I have to go to a womans only seminar to address, but as soon as I am done, my lawyer and I will be there!

Al

Laughing my ass off! Great, Almartin ;-)
t is time men start behaving like men again and stand up for their rights, instead of behaving like conformist push-overs.

TheManOnTheStreet

Al will suffice Gerald.

Glad you liked it.

Al
The Man On The Street is on the street for a reason.......

Go Up