Someone should start a why did they ban Duante thread...

Started by Cog, Oct 21, 2003, 05:01 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

neoteny

Quote from: "Anniee36"
Since you've never explained what "running interference" means [...]

Oh, I'm sorry.

"Running interference" in (political) chat parlance means that one takes a thread which chugs along fairly well on the original subject, then injects some non sequitur in order to disrupt the (virtual) "flow of thought" and derail the thread.

You know, like when a 'troll' engages some long-time posters on the MsBoards in some meaningful debate (I know, I know, according to some such thing can't happen by definition), and then some other long-time MsBoard posters start to post food recipes?
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

URnotmeRU

Taking notes for self, respectfully

[Neo would like Anniee to know Neo thinks Anniee to be a troll who is disruptive]

There.
nd the time will come when you'll see we're all one and life flows on, within you and without you. - George Harrison

Anniee36

Funnie, that.   You see the post you're bitching about is EIGHTH in a series of off-topic posts (not that this was much of a serious topic or an invaluable stream-of-consciousness anyway :roll: ) that was clearly not started by me.

Next?  No, don't bother.   I can back up my shit and you can not.   Now, consider yourself ignored by me, ok shit-stirrer?
on't walk ahead of me, I may not follow.   Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk beside me either.  Stay the hell away from me!

neoteny

Funnie, that.

Actually, she's a poster on the MsBoards, isn't she?  :D

You see the post you're bitching about is EIGHTH in a series of off-topic posts (not that this was much of a serious topic or an invaluable stream-of-consciousness anyway :roll: ) that was clearly not started by me.

Well, you're entirely right about that; OTOH what you wrote (and what I quoted) clearly indicated your opinion of this board and of its posters (with obvious exceptions  :wink:). So I ventured the notion (again) that you're here to run interference, as opposed to debate.

Next?  No, don't bother.   I can back up my shit and you can not.

I love self-confidence in a (virtual) woman! :-P

Now, consider yourself ignored by me, ok shit-stirrer?

Please do what you have to do; I shall do the same...  8)
The spreading of information about the [quantum] system through the [classical] environment is ultimately responsible for the emergence of "objective reality." 

Wojciech Hubert Zurek: Decoherence, einselection, and the quantum origins of the classical

URnotmeRU

Quote from: "Neo"

Well, you're entirely right about that; OTOH what you wrote (and what I quoted) clearly indicated your opinion of this board and of its posters (with obvious exceptions ). So I ventured the notion (again) that you're here to run interference, as opposed to debate.

Step away from the pipe! :sm12:
nd the time will come when you'll see we're all one and life flows on, within you and without you. - George Harrison

neoteny

It's the boys' treehouse, Truth.  The he-man woman-haters club [...]

Anniee36

Ventured the notion?  Ventured?  More like stated, repeatedly.   Let's get this clear - I have indeed stated my opinion, AND I HAVE BACKED IT UP REPEATEDLY.   End of conversation.

UR; please don't forget to take notes lol
on't walk ahead of me, I may not follow.   Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk beside me either.  Stay the hell away from me!

URnotmeRU

Note to self, respectfully

[Neo would like Anniee to know Neo understands what boys in their treehouse means]

There, done!

neoteny

Ventured the notion?  Ventured?  More like stated, repeatedly.

Have it your way; I stated that IMO you're here to run interference.

Let's get this clear - I have indeed stated my opinion, AND I HAVE BACKED IT UP REPEATEDLY.

That's fine; it's your opinion, I wouldn't expect you to not feel justified in it. But then the question remains: what else could you be doing here other than running interference?

End of conversation.

Is that a promise or a threat?  :lol: If the former, I'm overjoyed; if the latter... well, that would be an empty one in light of previous ones, now wouldn't it?  :oops:

URnotmeRU

Note to self, respectfully of course!

[Neo would like Anniee to REMEMBER that Neo does in fact think Anniee is here to run interference even if that means Neo does too just to make that point clear]

Phew!! Ok, done. :lol:

WebMstress

Dr.Evil I would strongly advise that you ban Neoteny for nothing more than mentioning interference. But please do not tell Neoteny why because that is entirely unecessary. :wink:

neoteny

Quote from: "WebMstress"
Dr.Evil I would strongly advise that you ban Neoteny for nothing more than mentioning interference. But please do not tell Neoteny why because that is entirely unecessary. :wink:

Whew, the first call for my banning!  :oops:

"And one always remembers the first one..."  :lol:

URnotmeRU

Well, under that name anyway, right?

Go Up