Letter to Greg Abbott concerning recent Baskerville Article

Started by zarby, Apr 05, 2006, 07:36 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

zarby

If this reference to you is even close to accurate, history is going to judge you harshly. I think you need to think about whether your are a man of principle or in your alleged words a "bloodless terrorist."

Let's get a few things straight, People have a right to free speech in this country and state. Courts exist to vindicate rights. People who believe the law or rights are being violated ahve a right to say so in Court.

Anyone with half a brain can tell that things are not right in teh family context. Your office is part of the problem. You represent half the population and totally ignore the other half who are left on their own.

Important rights are not being represented and in fact are being systematically thrwarted. Let's be clear here. Your office does not help fathers who cannot see their children. Your office through the most draconian debt collection laws ever known takes the money of these men and ignores the fact that their most fundamental rights are being violated.

Your office often actually conspires with these women. Your office makes it very difficult for men to even find their children (even though your office knows exactly where they are) -- this is just one example.

In a free country, people are entitled to seek change through legal procedures, In fact, that is a key reason legal procedures exist. Seeking change through legal procedures is the proper way to seek change.

You preside over one of the most oppressive legal mechanisms ever known to man yet you accuse Charles Edward Lincoln of being a "bloodless terrorist." You try being a father who's child support is too high or who has become unemployed or disabled and wo can get no help reducing it and who is being pursued by your office. You see who appears to be a "bloodless terrorist." I will give you a clue -- you do.

I have not seen the court papers myself and i recognize this article may not be entirely accurate or complete.... I am saying though that if this article is essentially accurate you should be ashamed of yourself. You should be absolutely ashamed of yourself.

The context is that according to Baskerville Abbott filed suit against a man named Charles Edward Lincoln who happens to be a PHD and college professor attempting to shut down his criticism of the state's family law system. He called Mr. Lincoln a "bloodless terrorist."

You know, as some progress is made, the forces in power are going to strike back with ever greater viciousness. Calling someone who criticizes you a terrorist is a serious thing. They jail terrorists. They kill them. I don't like this at all. I think he was completely out of line.

There may come a time when some real courage is necessary. A high government official calling a man a "terrorist" (whether bloodless or not) who apparently has views similar to what are held here in my view is an extremely dangerous precedent. I would like to know more about this situation. I going to try to learn more.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig2/baskerville9.html

Go Up