Experts: Preachers' Wives Often Struggle

Started by johnnyp, Apr 01, 2006, 07:03 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

johnnyp

Grasping for excuses when a woman murders?  It looks like this woman killed her husband and the press are grasping to find an excuse for her:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060401/ap_on_re_us/pastor_slain
But experts say preachers' wives often struggle with depression and isolation, expected to be exemplars of Christian virtue while bearing unique pressures on their private and public lives.

By the way... I think the same thing can be said about the wives of politicians, corporate executives, senior military officers, and town big shots.

All leadership and high profile positions come with benefits and costs.
 woman needs a man like a fish needs water

TheManOnTheStreet

Can someone explain, seriously, why all the secrecy about her motives?  I don't understand why.  Any other situation like this (male or female) they would have had a press conference explaining the charges and the aledged motives.

Al
The Man On The Street is on the street for a reason.......

Virtue

They are probably discussing the details of a new defense strategy they intend to use in court....Not guilty by reason of Vagina.
Imagine waking up tomorrow to find
that unbelievably rape is now legal.

You would be freaking out, telling everyone you ran into this is crazy- something needs to be done... now!!! And then every man you told this to just very smugly and condescendingly says...

"Hey... not all men are 'like that.'"

BRIAN

Quote from: "TheManOnTheStreet"
Can someone explain, seriously, why all the secrecy about her motives?  I don't understand why.  Any other situation like this (male or female) they would have had a press conference explaining the charges and the aledged motives.

Al

The police are not saying anything much about her motives so they don't taint the potential jury pool. Also public opinion counts for a lot in any criminal case believe it or not. The defense lawyers are doing the same thing but for different reasons. They do not want to give the state anything to work with in convicting her if they can help it.

Its funny to see the so called experts spew out these screeds. My Grandfather was a preacher for 40 years. My Grandmother worked, had seven children and supported my Grandfather in his ministry for the whole time. It is amazing that she never tried to kill him to hear those morons tell it.
You may sleep soundly at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence upon those who seek to harm you.

Go Up