Do ovaries make you Liberal?

Started by stands2p, Apr 10, 2006, 08:54 AM

previous topic - next topic

Do Conservative Women exist in Meaningful Numbers?

Yes, they keep quiet but they are out there.
9 (75%)
No, Conservatism is a guy thing.
3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: Apr 10, 2006, 08:54 AM

Go Down

stands2p

The middle of the road is a bad, but popular place to be.  With almost any issue, there are two obvious and usually painful alternatives.  Complicating the already agonizing debate between the logical alternatives is the inane notion that there can always be a middle option that achieves "consensus" between the two extremes.  In any private forum, this notion is easily silenced by simply closing the door.  In our great braying democracy, the jabbering, Oprah-watching masses insist that their "split-the-difference" twaddle makes them "moderate" and that they have a "right" to be heard.  [Oh fudge, my quote key just melted.]

I submit that it is the addition of women's voices to public discourse that has sent us spiraling down the sewer toward collapse and anarchy.  Women want all conflicts to be solved through peaceful discussion (until THEY get mad, at which time clubbing with cell phones is the way to go.)  Reinforcing this tendency is the fact that some men will adopt these soft political postures in hopes of impressing attractive women (and it does work.)  Politicians with any interest in re-election must seek to appear moderate to gain the votes of these vacant drones.  Bold, decisive action and original thought have become politically untenable.

I don't in the least advocate trying to revoke the right of suffrage from women (they deserve as much suffrage as the rest of us.)  What I do advocate is that conservative women quit hiding in the wings.  Last week's news should hearten anyone thinking of plunging into politics: If Cynthia McKinney can be a member of the U.S. House of Representatives, anyone can.
The Lord works in strange ways; and with strange people.

jaketk

I think there are quite a few conservative women out there. What happens is that they get drowned out by many liberals who view them as old-fashioned or oppressed. Many of these women are successful and worked and fought hard to get where they are. But because they don't play on the same side of the field as their liberal counterparts, you won't see them on shows like Oprah or hear about them through the feminist partyline. In fact, the only time we even hear about conservative women is when they make rather innane statements like Anne Coultier or when they become targets for mockery like Harriet Meyers.

Sir Percy

Was it not Churchill who said 'Jaw, Jaw is better than War, War'. Was it not he also who said something to do with (I forget the actual words) 'If you are not a Liberal when you are young, you have no heart. If you are not a Conservative when older, you have no brain'. Someone find the actual quote and correct me. Also, Mrs Thatcher, the first woman in modern Western History to lead a country, was a Conservative.
vil, like misery, is Protean, and never greater than when committed in the name of 'right'. To commit evil when they are convinced they are doing 'good', is one of the greatest of pleasures known to a feminist.

Crusoe

Conservative women have been quite vocal and have displayed a quite a bit of political clout when it comes to abortion and religion. Besides these two issues where's the conflict of interest with liberal women? Why should they speak up when lib/fems are already doing such a lovely job?

lkanneg

There are lots of outspoken conservative women out there.  I work right next door (cube?) to one.    Our admin assistant is a committed libertarian (which makes her "conservative" in some respects).  Actually, I know more liberal guys than chicks, of those I've gotten to know professionally...hmm, I never really thought about that before.  I must think more deeply on this.  Interesting...
quot;Remember no one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
--Eleanor Roosevelt

"Something which we think is impossible now is not impossible in another decade."
-- Constance Baker Motley

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got."
--Janis Joplin

FEMINAZIHATEMARTYR

I support Concerned Women for America whenever I can. We need to defeat the latest marxist abomination thats being shoved our way by the twisted feminist bund inside the state legislature. SB 1437 is going before Schwarzenegger soon and I urge all to demand his veto. Here is Schwarzeneggers contact info;
To reach Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger call 916-445-2841, extension 2
Email contact form; http://www.govmail.ca.gov/

http://www.cwfa.org/articles/10478/CWA/misc/index.htm

California Senate Committee Passes GLBTQ Curriculum Bill; SB 1437
A Democrat-controlled California State Senate Committee has passed SB 1437, a bill that would require schools to adopt homosexual, transgender, bisexual curriculum in the schools and modify all school activities to affirming of the same. This could mean that children as young as kindergarten-age would be presented with models of GLBTQ lifestyles and behavior. Bob Knight, Director of CWA's Culture & Family Institute, spoke with Randy Thomasson, President of the California-based Campaign for Children and Families and its national sister organization Save America.net, on the implications of this bill and what you can do to stop it. Click here to listen.
What good fortune for government that people do not think."
                         Adolph Hitler

"Where madness rules the absurd is not far away."

We must not make the mistake of thinking that all those who eat the bread of dictatorship are evil from the first; but they must necessarily become evil....The curse of a system of terror is that there is no turning back; neither in the large realm of policies nor the 'smaller' realm of everyday human relationships is it possible for men to retrace their steps."
- Dr. Hans Bernd Gisevius
(1904-1974)

strangedisk

A Democrat-controlled California State Senate Committee has passed SB 1437, a bill that would require schools to adopt homosexual, transgender, bisexual curriculum in the schools and modify all school activities to affirming of the same. This could mean that children as young as kindergarten-age would be presented with models of GLBTQ lifestyles and behavior. Bob Knight, Director of CWA's Culture & Family Institute, spoke with Randy Thomasson, President of the California-based Campaign for Children and Families and its national sister organization Save America.net, on the implications of this bill and what you can do to stop it. Click here to listen.

I hope it passes.  It's about time that gay men, who are by far the primary recipient of abuse re: attacking the gays, are at least allowed the decency where it's no longer possible to pretend they don't exist (which is their current status regarding academic materials at the pre-college levels).  This bill would force the goverment to end its current unwritten policy to avoid all contraversy by presenting an image of society that simply doesn't include gays, even though they also do not specifically denigrate them.  Basically, "don't talk about it".  But why not?  It exists.  The same material talks about other family situations that exist.

Most of society considers gays, especially gay men, to be a bit less than human, certainly less than a full man.  And feminists consider gay men to be "almost as good as a women", as opposed to the full men that they are.

In fact, since the abuse of gays is almost exclusively piled upon men, I propose that gay rights juxtapose with men's rights more than they don't.  Furthermore, I propose that MRA's who attack gays or stand in the way of their civil rights are being, at the very least, woefully inconsistent.

Signed,
A male, a liberal, and an MRA.

FEMINAZIHATEMARTYR

Signed,

If youre in favor of any bill submitted by the rabid authoritarian, marxist feminazi, Sheila Kuehl (D-Santa Monica), then you aint liberal. This bill if signed into law will allow bureaucrats inside the school system to eliminate books and materials that they deem to be "pollitically incorrect" from schools. Nothing that Sheila Kuehl promotes is ever remotely liberal. She and her cohorts of marxist aparatchiks consistently work only to extend their totalitarian agenda of censorship and thought control and any opposing viewpoint is ignored.

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Christy/113364/
Gender-neutral bathrooms in public schools? Girls running for prom king? Those are just a few of the possibilities which could result if the California Legislature passes SB1437 which would force schools to adopt an exclusively pro-homosexual message.

Ron Prentice, who heads the California Family Council, a pro-family group based in Riverside, said California lawmakers are being pressured to adopt the bill, which would transform public schools into politically correct bastions.  

"What this specifically does is reflect negatively upon historic faith perspectives in public education," he said.

Prentice said SB 1437 would prevent textbooks,

instructional materials or teaching content that would "adversely affect persons because of their gender -- either real or perceived -- or sexual orientation."

Bob Knight, director of the Culture and Family Institute,

said the main threat this bill poses is that it deals with gender "in such a way as to deny that there are really naturally born boys and girls."

"What it does is adopt a definition of 'gender' that says it can't be 'stereotypically associated with a person's assigned sex at birth,' " he said. "That means that if you think you're a girl, even if you're a boy, you're to be encouraged in that fantasy."

If adopted and implemented in California classrooms, he

said the legislation would wreak havoc on children's understanding of themselves and others.

"It opens the door for the entire homosexual/trangendered agenda -- which is to confuse people into believing that you can be anything you want to be, that sex itself is arbitrary and that marriage shouldn't be limited to a man and a woman," Knight added. And the legislation would ban any opinions to the contrary.

"When the bill forces teachers to talk only positively about homosexuality, what it's saying is you have to lie about it," he said. "You can't bring in the negative health data, all the emotional consequences, and the effects on families. They're basically setting educators up to mislead kids directly on this topic. I don't know of any other topics in schools that are treated like this.  You have to teach something a certain way, even though it violates millions of people's deeply held beliefs."

Prentice added: "This is all the incremental activity of the homosexual agenda, and it certainly appears that the next step in the public-school education code in California would be hate-speech codes for anything that might adversely affect gender, whether real or perceived."

Knight said the bill is touted as being part of education reform -- but it's really about "corrupting education and making it a fully owned subsidiary of the homosexual activist movement."

The bill is being pushed through the Legislature by Sen. Sheila Keuhl, a self- identified lesbian who has beenpromoting the entire gay educational agenda.

In her earlier life, Keuhl, who worked under the name Sheila James, was an actress best known for portraying the character Zelda Gilroy on the popular '60s TV sitcom, "Dobie Gillis." Her appealing personality coupled with her law-professor's knowledge of the law, has gone far to advance the gay agenda in California, Knight said.
                         Adolph Hitler

We must not make the mistake of thinking that all those who eat the bread of dictatorship are evil from the first; but they must necessarily become evil....The curse of a system of terror is that there is no turning back; neither in the large realm of policies nor the 'smaller' realm of everyday human relationships is it possible for men to retrace their steps."
(1904-1974)

typhonblue

Er... I am a socially liberal libertarian... If I want to label myself. So I guess I could be data point in favor of your theory.

However I wouldn't be so quick to put conservative women in the "valuing men camp".

She who shall not be named is a conservative. Sue is a conservative and they are possibly some of the most virulent anti-male individuals I've ever met.

At least liberals, to be logically consistant, might be lead to feel sympathy for men if they can comprehend them as victims. These women crow about having "defeated" males and turned them into women's work horses.

BRIAN

There are quite a few conservative women out there. You just don't hear them whine because they get up and go to work and conduct their daily lives and take care of their familly without complaint. Like most men do.  :lol:
You may sleep soundly at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence upon those who seek to harm you.

strangedisk

Quote from: "FEMINAZIHATEMARTYR"
Signed,

If youre in favor of any bill submitted by the rabid authoritarian, marxist feminazi, Sheila Kuehl (D-Santa Monica), then you aint liberal. This bill if signed into law will allow bureaucrats inside the school system to eliminate books and materials that they deem to be "pollitically incorrect" from schools. Nothing that Sheila Kuehl promotes is ever remotely liberal. She and her cohorts of marxist aparatchiks consistently work only to extend their totalitarian agenda of censorship and thought control and any opposing viewpoint is ignored.

Nothing that you've posted or linked has convinced me that this bill is an example of anything "totalitarian".  Also, you fall into a very common trap of dismissing every act or idea (in this case, a bill) forwarded by someone who has also, at some time in the past, forwarded bad ideas.  If I took this attitude, I'd never be able to support any bill of any kind, since every politician, given enough time, is guilty of at least one stupid bill.  Also, even if she is pure evil, it still doesn't make this bill a bad idea.  

"Consider the source", sure, but in this case I'd rather consider the bill.

I guess I'm to have to state this explicitely.  Again.

I don't support her, or any other politician.  Ever.  I may support specific ideas or bills coming out of specific politicians at specific periods of time.  Certain politicians have more good ideas and sponser more good bills.

Some may never have a good bill.  Some may desire utter domination of the world by way of slow torture of kittens and puppies, stealing ice cream from young children, and forcing everyone else to spend every fourth weekend watching Richard Simmons excersize videos from the 80's, but they may, out of compromise, sponser a good bill (perhaps to slightly increase funding to animal shelters in an effort to not have to look at abandoned puppies and kitties, whose cute expressions make them sick) and I'll support the bill (not the politician).

FEMINAZIHATEMARTYR

Nothing that you've posted or linked has convinced me that this bill is an example of anything "totalitarian".

Give me time. Ive got volumes. Standyourground also has links and this forum has many links and details of the history of the feminist agenda.

Also, you fall into a very common trap of dismissing every act or idea (in this case, a bill) forwarded by someone who has also, at some time in the past, forwarded bad ideas. If I took this attitude, I'd never be able to support any bill of any kind, since every politician, given enough time, is guilty of at least one stupid bill. Also, even if she is pure evil, it still doesn't make this bill a bad idea.

Im thankful then that youre not a california resident and wont be voting sheila kuehl back into office. I need to clarify my position to you. Im not willing to compromise with feminists on any matter. Theyre the most insideous phonies and dangerous marxist fifth column in the US today. As far as Im concerned Ive taken them up on their declaration of war on all heterosexual men and I intend to take the war right back to their doorstep. I seek only their complete and unconditional surrender. They may be smugly perched in some legal positions of power but that is irrelevant because they have already shown their hand and their edicts are not to be considered part of any solution for anything. Feminists do not compromise. They merely obfuscate long enough to delay so as to gain time and lay in ambush waiting to strike when the duped and unwary can be opportunistically maneuvered into postion. Feminists fraudulantly claim that everything they do is for someones so-called "protection". This is a devious policy that dupes many and protects no one so the war will go on. No quarter has been asked or given and I offer them none.  

"Consider the source", sure, but in this case I'd rather consider the bill.

I have and both are unacceptable. The bill itself is not some "stand alone'
solution to any contemporary issue. Its merely a cog inside the Borg-like machine of a an international agenda designed to destroy freedom and impose Stalinism.

(Yes yes, I know this sounds very melodramatic but it sort of fits.  :P  )
                         Adolph Hitler

(1904-1974)

no2fembots

I'm a R.A.L.P.H.

(Rabid Anarchistic Libertarian Pissed-off He-man)
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."  - Winston Churchill

"Get Angry...Get Loud... GET UP off your KNEES!"

woof

Quote from: "strangedisk"

I hope it passes.  It's about time that gay men, who are by far the primary recipient of abuse re: attacking the gays, are at least allowed the decency where it's no longer possible to pretend they don't exist (which is their current status regarding academic materials at the pre-college levels).  This bill would force the goverment to end its current unwritten policy to avoid all contraversy by presenting an image of society that simply doesn't include gays, even though they also do not specifically denigrate them.  Basically, "don't talk about it".  But why not?  It exists.  The same material talks about other family situations that exist.

Most of society considers gays, especially gay men, to be a bit less than human, certainly less than a full man.  And feminists consider gay men to be "almost as good as a women", as opposed to the full men that they are.

In fact, since the abuse of gays is almost exclusively piled upon men, I propose that gay rights juxtapose with men's rights more than they don't.  Furthermore, I propose that MRA's who attack gays or stand in the way of their civil rights are being, at the very least, woefully inconsistent.

Signed,

Well if you believe that the government should be able to force the school system to teach GLBTQ issues to our children, how far away is it for the government to come to your door and force you to to listen to whatever they want?

How is it that a group that represents less than 2% of the population is changing how we percieve a "normal" relationship?

Tolerance is one thing, forced acceptance is another. It seems to me that teaching GLBTQ issues to our children is crossing the line into forced acceptance.
Even a whole village can't replace dad, children need both parents.

dr e

It is amazing to me how far down on the list the majority is.  Who is standing up for the hetero sexuals?  No one.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

Go Up