LIVE THREAD: Duke Lacrosse Grand Jury

Started by sorryisntgoodenough, Apr 17, 2006, 09:59 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

SIAM

Does the fact that there are a disproportional number of fat and ugly chicks in the USA contribute to all of this rape hysteria?

I believe feminism is often used by many women as succour to their low self-esteem, and a tool to try and devalue sexual appeal (which they have lost/never had).  Example: look at Greer's complaints of the objectification of women (recently regarding a car advert in Australia).  To me, she is projecting her hurt at being overlooked by men because she's an aged women.  I can understand it when uglier women don't want women in general to be objectified simply because they themselves do not have any currency in this exchange. They want new currencies to give themselves more value.  

Meanwhile nature shrugs and carries on as normal.  Younger women take advantage of their looks and men are happy to let them indulge.  Everybody yields to nature.  

My theory is fairly steady since I honestly don't know any attractive feminists (ok, the usual Naomi Wolf exception (though not my type) - but any others??).

zarby

And the idea of white males fantasizing about black women is -- is quite old, quite -- and quite ugly, and now quite illegal. And that's why we really want the truth to be told. We want justice served. And we want the law to serve as a -- as a deterrent.

What is ugly about it? What is illegal about it?

I don't tend to fantacize about black women -- my preference lies elswhere. But, why would it be ugly. Why would it be illegal?

Is this really a true quote? It is frankily just stupid.

Is fantacizing about a woman black or otherwise going to be criminalized?

God damn. I fantacize about women nearly continuously. I would be worried if I didn't.

This has got to be a stupid sick joke.

Did he really say that?

zarby

So, they can't prove these guys did anything wrong.

Thus, they lower the standard.

They fantacized. Jail them!!!!

God damn.

I say a guy who doesn't fantacize about women is either dead or gay.

I think most men are like me -- they fantacize about women a lot.

They truly are trying to criminal males for being males.

Why would Rev. Jackson be doing this?

He is an advocate for black people since when an advocate
for sicko feminist?

You know black men are harmed by all this as much or more
than white men. He hurts his own by doing this.

sorryisntgoodenough

yes, he said that on Paula Zahn.  Fucking black chicks is awesome, wouldn't give it up for him or anyone else.

zarby

I would be willing to be bet that Rev. Jackson fantacized about a few black women in his day -- probably did more than just fantacize.

I would bet he fantacized about white women, oriental women, indian women, and to shorten things just about every type of woman there is.

You know if fantacizing about a woman is enough to be a criminal then we might as well just hang it up and report to jail.

zarby

I am truly angry.

Somebody ought to get in Rev. Jackson's face and
tell it just like it is "Sir, you are an idiot."

sorryisntgoodenough

the defense lawyers are furious, I saw them on FOX...

Sir Percy

I am following all this with some mixed feelings and thoughts. The same sort of issue arose in Australia last year with members of a rugger team, a girl and a motel. Same witch-hunt and accusations. Same conflicting stories. Same hysteria.

What strikes me however is this. What are hell are these boys doing? These are university undergrads. They should be playing lacrosse if that's their thing, studying, working on their degrees, building lives for themselves, developing their skills, competencies and reputations, getting some achievements to be proud of, developing  independance.  But instead they are PAYING women  to strip while they get boozed up. What a total waste of air.  What a total waste of their considerable opportunities. They are feeding the entitlement attitudes of women. Thay are pandering to their own base instincts and women's too. They bring men into disrepute and feed the women's lobby. If I were the father of any of these boys they would have felt my considerable wrath by now.

As for the occasional person here continually boasting of their own base bahaviour with prostitutes, CAN IT. Its boring. Its adolescent. Its a personal issue and 'thing' which we can do without it being thrust down our throats on every damned occasion. For God's sake grow up. Is there anyone else here who wants to know all these gory personal details of some dork's wallet-driven sex-life? There is hardly anyone else here who so continually goes on and on about his willingness to pay for sex and his nefarious 'exploits' with equally fixated and dim women.

The issue is important enough to follow, but we do ourselves little justice by adding to the circus atmosphere and bringing men into such a poor light.

Ref the Rev Jackson comments - the man is a fool. His reputation - even way over here - is of a gutter-snipe and ambulance chaser who will make mountains out of molehills to suit his own racist agenda.
vil, like misery, is Protean, and never greater than when committed in the name of 'right'. To commit evil when they are convinced they are doing 'good', is one of the greatest of pleasures known to a feminist.

FP

I'm somewhat amazed but I suppose not all too surprised that the media still takes Jackson seriously. What really angers me is that the black community does. The guy is a hypocrite of the nth degree. He had his torrid affair and a bastard child (and tried to pay the gal off), he has no credibility or moral standing, especially in a case like this. I mean he had an affair supposedly while counciling Clinton about his affair...

I saw Sharpton talking on some show tonight as well. The blurb showed him talking about finding out all the evidence first before making judgements. At least he's not flying off the handle yet... Tawana is keeping his mouth relatively shut.

sorryisntgoodenough

see, its attitudes like this that I think is the problem:

As for the occasional person here continually boasting of their own base bahaviour with prostitutes, CAN IT. Its boring. Its adolescent. Its a personal issue and 'thing' which we can do without it being thrust down our throats on every damned occasion.

I don't think you live in the US, but its people telling men they have "issues" because they like to discuss their heterosexual sex lives that enrages me and makes me want to put it in writing for them.  I'm sick of having morality legislated to me by people like you.  If Jesse Jackson is telling me I'm a bad person for lusting after black women on national news, I can shove it right back in his face.  If this woman can captivate our national media and waste untold police resources, I can type a few blurbs about fucking hookers on a free internet discussion forum. I hate to be the one to tell you these things, but talking about sex is normal and healthy, it isnt' "boasting".   It should be noted that this isnt' the first time you've tried to regulate my freedom of speech on here, SP.

As far as you condeming the Lacrosse players, they are all seniors, they can buy as many strippers as they want, they are the victims here.

zarby

You know I spend all my time virtually in fear about women. I am worried about getting another child support order. I am worried about getting accused of something. I am worried about having my heart broken again.

My life is passing me by and something in missing -- a good relationship with a woman. I not only don't have it but I am scared to even try.

Well, I can at least fantacize. Now, this high profile guy says that I cannot even fantacize. God damn. I hate to be profane, but god damn.

He is a racist. I am sure he feels it is OK to fantacize about women of other races. He would be appalled if he was told he couldn't.

The leaders of the racial civil rights movement have become racists themselves. The leaders of the women's movement have become sexists themselves. I think society is more racist and sexist than it has even been. The only change is that the favored groups have changed.

Can you imagine any man condemning women for having sexual fantacies. What would Oprah say about that? Can you imagine a male stripper complaining because his clients fantasized about him (or having an advocate complain about this on his behalf). Let's face it strippers sell factasies for a living. It is absolutely insane. Utterly insane.

Now, I don't judge those guys harshly for having a wild party. I do think they should spend most of their time doing other things.

I can see some merit in making a point with extreme rhetoric. It is OK for men to be sexual. It is normal. It is not wrong. It is not wrong to fantasize. It is not wrong to have sex. It is not wrong to fantasize about having sex. There are various rules on how you do these things and those rules can be debated but to say fantasizing is wrong goes too far.

Damn. I am going to take a knap. I will probably fantacize about sex during my knap. I am depraved, I know. Send me to jail.

Sir Percy

I'm sick of having morality legislated to me by people like you

Legislate? I don't see that power in my saddlebag.
It should be noted that this isnt' the first time you've tried to regulate my freedom of speech on here, SP.

Regulate? Don't come the raw prawn. I commented only that it is boring and adolescent.
but its people telling men they have "issues" because they like to discuss their heterosexual sex lives that enrages me and makes me want to put it in writing for them.

Discussion is fine. On a sex site where everyone is there for just that. Context matters. I never mentioned it an an 'issue'. Inserting words I didn't use gets you nowhere. That's a feminist tactic. Continually raising it on a site like this one is simply feeding the feminists who come here and cut and paste. On top of that, there is the sheer boredom of it. As for 'enrage'. My goodness. Sounds like an ex-wife.
If this woman can captivate our national media and waste untold police resources, I can type a few blurbs about fucking hookers on a free internet discussion forum

IF...THEN.... This is a sort of illogical syllogism I haven't seen before - outside of feminist literature that is. So every time a woman captures media attention and uses police resources, you feel an urge to tell us all about your sex life with entitlement princesses who charge for the use of their vaginas? Interesting. Have you seen anyone about that?
vil, like misery, is Protean, and never greater than when committed in the name of 'right'. To commit evil when they are convinced they are doing 'good', is one of the greatest of pleasures known to a feminist.

gwallan

sorryisntgoodenough your efforts in keeping us up to date on this case are magnificent.
However I do agree with Sir Percy that the vivid sexual descriptions are a little over the top.
We are not putting on a male version of The Vagina Monologues here. Leave that to the idiot feminists.
In 95% of things 100% of people are alike. It's the other 5%, the bits that are different, that make us interesting. It's also the key to our existence, and future, as a species.

zarby

I still think all and all that the ultimate result of this case will be good.

The jury will find these guys innocent. The pendulum will swing a little more back towards sanity. The DA will be embarrassed. Other DAs will be less willing to stick their necks out like this guy has done.

On the other hand, what if the jury convicts based on the existing known evidence. That will be very scary. It will be time to hide.

Quentin0352

Quick, floash back to previous articles and the following I quoted back then when the DNA tests came out.....

Two males, Adam and Matt pulled her in to the bathroom. Some one closed the door to the bathroom where she was, and said"sweetheart you can't leave." The victim stated she tried to leave and the three males(Adam, Bret, and Matt) force fully held her legs and arms and sexually assaulted her anally, vaginally and orally. The victim stated she was hit, kicked and strangled during the assault and she attempted to defend herself, but was overpowered. The victim reported she was sexually assaulted for an approximate 30 minute time period by the three males.

Now isn't it strange that they would arrest Reade Seligmann and Collin Finnerty? Do those names sound even close to the names of those they arrested?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,192085,00.html

Go Up