LIVE THREAD: Duke Lacrosse Grand Jury

Started by sorryisntgoodenough, Apr 17, 2006, 09:59 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

RockyMountainMan

Dec 27, 2006, 02:35 PM Last Edit: Dec 27, 2006, 03:39 PM by RockyMountainMan
Nifong is the fall guy
Misandry is the problem

Catchy quote.  Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any student MRA types on Duke or in Durham to run with this.  I bet the "prosecute false accusers" t-shirts would sell to the college crowd, though.

Dr. E:
Now that you point it out the sign holder does appear to be black.  Although the lighting is such that her hair is more of an indicator than her skin pigmentation.  Still it's a funny sign to be in the middle of a crowd where the prominent faces are white, middle-aged to senior.
Give me liberty or give me death.

----------------

Tact is for those lacking sufficient wit for sarcasm.

Thomas

Rocky Mountain Man wrote:

Nifong is the fall guy
Misandry is the problem

Catchy quote.  Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any student MRA types on Duke or in Durham to run with this.  I bet the "prosecute false accusers" t-shirts would sell to the college crown, though.

I want to wear the T-shirt here in the People's Republic of Boulder, Colorado. I've gotten a lot of pleasure out of wearing my "Duke Lacrosse" and "Prosecute False Accusers" T-shirts at the local Whole Foods and on the University of Colorado at Boulder campus.

If tomorrow's and Friday's expected snow storm turns out to be severe, I'm going out to a nearby intersection tomorrow evening with a snow shovel and a bag of sand to help people who get stuck. (I did the same last week during the blizzard.) This time, if I can manage to wear one of the above mentioned T-shirts outside of my severe weather clothes, I'll do so. Hopefully, I'll be able to strike up some good conversations and enlighten some people a bit -- they'll be a captive audience. (Actually, hopefully the storm won't prove to be a monster, but if it does...)

On a side note, here's an interesting ABC news poll on the rape charges.

We Are Self-Exterminating Through The Collapse Of Fertility Rates.
The Death of Birth.
Fertility Rates Magazine.

The Gonzman

Yes I saw that and another curious post by anonymous that said "Ginmar, as a 97E...".  Now, in the Army, a "97E" is an interrogator, which would go a long way to account for Ginmar's bizzare, belligerent personality.  At any rate, I think Ginmar is really some MRA plant to push malleable feminists ever further out into the ionosphere, there is no way anyone could actually think like that.

Ginmar.

Ah, mercy.  She's so far out she gets banned from feminist blogs and accused of being one of us, made up to give them a black eye.

What happens when you get someone with BPD who refuses to take their meds.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

CaptDMO

Don't forget the obligitory, and also "not responsable", version of  PTSD.

Fortunately, some from the coven,  and some grown ups actually denounce ramblings of that ilk.

WAIT!... grown ups...grown ups.....ADULTS.....crikey, THAT'S IT!

Wussycat

Is that true?

The Gonzman

Is that true?

Look at her, man.  Listen to some of her ravings.  Read some of the old stuff where she gets all freaked out about a guy wanting to hold her hand.

Borderline Personality Disorder.  Textbook case.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the MEANEST son-of-a-bitch in the valley.

Sorry Isnt Good Enough

The question that MRA's need to be asking themselves now is, now that the rape charge is gone, why is the media still shielding her identity?  Keep in mind that the media ran with names and photos of Matt Danowski and Adam Zash before the indictments even came down.  They were probably just ordered to get some photos of some white lacrosse players up ASAP.  When the indictments did come down, recall that we were presented not only with mug shots and biographical information about Seligmann, Finnerty, and Evans, but also with photographs of their family homes in different states-clearly to (intentionally) inflame class tensions.
"To my considerable chagrin, we found that at least 60 percent of all the rape allegations were false." --Dr. Charles P. McDowell, Supervisory Special Agent, U.S. Air Force, Office of Special Investigations.

dr e

From the Wilmington Star News

LINK

Disgraceful Nifong should depart

Mike Nifong has demonstrated that he is not ethically or professionally fit to prosecute a littering case, much less the sexual assault case involving three Duke lacrosse players.

We know the players are guilty of hiring two strippers for a party. Whether they are guilty of anything worse is something we may never know.

The woman who accused them turns out to be about as credible as the Durham district attorney who sought publicity - during his campaign for re-election - by rushing to prosecute and publicly denounce the kids she picked from of a lineup of player photos.

Nifong dropped the rape charges last week after his chief witness changed her story once again. Yet he refused to drop other charges, some of which carry the same penalties.

If these lacrosse louts broke any laws, they probably will get away with it. No jury in its right mind would believe anything the accuser or Nifong said.

Last week, the director of a lab testified that Nifong talked him into withholding evidence that might help the defense. And there was such evidence. Withholding it broke the law.

Nor was that a surprise. Documents and statements reveal, according to The News & Observer, that "Nifong has repeatedly misrepresented his actions in filings and in face-to-face dealings with judges."

Hiding behind paper hung over the windows of his office, Nifong issues written statements and refuses to talk with North Carolina reporters. Yet Thursday he gave a three-hour interview to The New York Times.

Nifong doesn't owe an explanation to the readers of a national newspaper. He owes an explanation to the people who elected him. He owes it to the people of this state.

But he owes them more: his resignation.
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

aknapp1112

N.C. Bar Files Charges Against Duke D.A.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20061228/D8MA4PG00.html

HOLY CRAP!!!!

Thomas

We know the players are guilty of hiring two strippers for a party. Whether they are guilty of anything worse is something we may never know.

As a matter of fact, we do know. At the very least, Reade Seligman has an iron clad alibi.
We Are Self-Exterminating Through The Collapse Of Fertility Rates.
The Death of Birth.
Fertility Rates Magazine.

TheManOnTheStreet

What is very disturbing about all of this is that all of us, less the Z-Man I believe,  are not lawyers.  And we saw the writing on the wall and the effin holes in this case.  How is it that all of these legal minds couldn't see what many people, particularly men, could?  From day one practically.

Sickens me.

TMOTS
The Man On The Street is on the street for a reason.......

woof

N.C. Bar Files Charges Against Duke D.A.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20061228/D8MA4PG00.html

HOLY CRAP!!!!
YES!........Nifong is going down faster and cheaper than a stripper,....... I hope.  ;D
Even a whole village can't replace dad, children need both parents.

Quentin0352

Don't expect shit to happen.

In a statement, the bar said it opened a case against Nifong in March 30, a little more than two weeks after the party where a 28-year-old student at North Carolina Central University hired to perform as a stripper said she was raped.

They knew early on that the case was crap but they haven't acted or even said anything when he was up for election. It is just a CYA move by the BAR who will later say there was nothing they could really do.

dr e

Don't expect shit to happen.

In a statement, the bar said it opened a case against Nifong in March 30, a little more than two weeks after the party where a 28-year-old student at North Carolina Central University hired to perform as a stripper said she was raped.

They knew early on that the case was crap but they haven't acted or even said anything when he was up for election. It is just a CYA move by the BAR who will later say there was nothing they could really do.

Yes.  I was left wondering the same thing.  If they were aware of the infractions back in March why would they wait until now to spring it on him?  CYA seems to be one of the possibilities.  I would like to know how these cases are usually handled before coming to any quick judgements here.  Does anyone know of a case like this where something similar happened?
Contact dr e  Lifeboats for the ladies and children, icy waters for the men.  Women have rights and men have responsibilties.

Go Up