Potty Training Oppresses Women

Started by Amber, Aug 30, 2003, 01:22 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Amber

I re-picked up a book that I bought as a freshmen in college.  I can't believe I read this whole thing!  It is called the Power of Beauty by Nancy Friday.  Here is a quote from the book, this particular quote is from sex educator Judith Seifer.  This is just yet another thought exercise to show how nutty and departed from reality feminists are.  

"Girl babies are plopped on a toilet, they're not to look at themselves, they're not to touch themselves, but they are instructed that this is a body function they must manage, control.... Girl babies are given a consistent message of contamination, that what you have down there is dark, it's dirty, you don't touch it.  After they do urinate the next thing they are taught to do is to wipe themselves clean with lots of toilet paper, and then to wash, wash their hands until clean.  Boys, on the other hand, are taught to hold their penis, to aim it, and we give them great praise when the stream of urine hites the toilet bowl."

There you have it.  Potty training oppresses women.  Not only that, but hygenic potty training, i.e. a girl wiping herself and washing her hands, oppresses women.

Good god.  How the hell else are you supposed to potty train.  Duhhh, boys need "aim."  Duhhh, girls need to wipe themselves after urinating, and boys don't.  That somehow adds to this widespread cultural obsession that vaginas are "dirty."  

Ok, here is a FEMINIST version of potty training girls, re-done by me to appease feminist paranoia.

Plop girl babies on a toilet, and tell them to play with themselves the whole time they pee.  Don't worry about your baby controlling this bodily function, have her pee when the spirit moves her.  What is down there is totally natural and beautiful, bask in it.  Don't wash after you pee, are you paranoid that it's dirty or something!?  Don't wash your hands either, hey ... the body is beautiful.  When you teach boys to pee, don't praise them when the pee hits the toilet bowl, the only way women can be liberated is if boys can't pee in the toilet.  

I remember reading this book as a freshman, kind of.  The only thing I really picked up from it was "Beauty is important, if you can use it to your advantage, do it."  Although, the author clearly had a different message.  The book seriously confused me about some things.  I don't even want to go into them.  Ideological books like this should be kept out of young people's hands (younger than 21), and only mature adults who can discern between right and wrong, and are already done forming, and can tell when author's are being more descriptive than literal, should be allowed to read this junk.
he men's movement is a hate movement.  

What feminism is to men; the men's rights movement is to women.

Men's rights activists blame misandry for all their problems in the same way that feminists blame the patriarchy.

The only thing men's rights activists are good at is abusing women.  

And you can quote me on that.  :D

Amber

For the record, women putting napkins on their laps at dinner also oppresses them.  It all has to do with covering the "sewer," i.e. the dirty vagina.  And, also "clothes, makeup and lovely lingerie" also oppress women - all efforts to cover up the dirty inner woman.

I've said before the whole point of feminism is to toy with female sexuality, specifically to make women unattractive to men.  Here it is again.  Everything a man might want in a woman:  daintiness, make up, even a properly potty trained women ... they are associating with oppression.

Men's rights activists blame misandry for all their problems in the same way that feminists blame the patriarchy.

napnip

Quote from: "Amber"
Duhhh, girls need to wipe themselves after urinating, and boys don't.

Well, we do have to shake it off when we're done.    :wink:

heheheheh
i] We drank our toast to innocence,
We drank our toast to now.
We tried to reach beyond the emptiness,
But neither one knew how. [/i]

Johnny

Those books are written by miserable; frustrated psychopaths. They tend to be very unattractive women, hence, they have no social life and are virulent men haters. They are so corrupted by there own psychosis that they start with small children and babies.

When confronting the left always remember: There are NO rules. Knock them to the ground and put your foot on their throat. In war there are NO rules.
Openly Straight.

Amber

Nancy Friday isn't bad looking. Although she says repeatedly she felt she was all her life.

Bilbo

Quote from: "napnip"
Duhhh, girls need to wipe themselves after urinating, and boys don't.

Well, we do have to shake it off when we're done.

No matter how you shake and how you dance, the last 2 drops always end up in your pants.
It is impossible to reason a man out of something he was never reasoned into in the first place- Swift

"The cardinal principle of judicial restraint--if it is not necessary to decide more, it is necessary not to decide more."

nebulousone

Now that I am finished laughing hysterically...

Both of my sons began potty training by sitting down.  Trying to teach them to aim on top of everything else they have to learn while potty-training seemed like a bit much to me.  That and I am not particularly fond of cleaning pee off of the walls and floor.  I am adamant that they wash their hands any time they touch the toilet because the toilet is dirty.  It's got less to do with their penis and more to do with the toilet.  Now that they stand, they've both been taught to shake or tap the last bit of pee from their penis.  Again because mom isn't too fond of cleaning pee off of the floor and the walls.  

Sort of shoots a hole in this yayhoo's theory.  What. A. Ninny.
i]Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.[/i]
~Abraham Lincoln

D

I read the 'women on top' by nancy friday when I was like 20.  Classic!

Analog Worms

Nancy Friday isn't bad looking. Although she says repeatedly she felt she was all her life.

She is UGLY
url=http://theafa.tk]Anti-Feminist Army[/url]

They call him the wanderer. Moving from one message board to the next. Just looking for a place to call home.

D

Somebody forgot to lock the door,

Are you done being ungrounded, Analog?

:D

Peter

The great equalizer between the sexes

This should remove the complaints against the men:

LaFemme is a revolutionary patented disposable paper product that allows women and their small daughters to urinate in any unsanitary public toilet while standing and facing the bowl
La Femme

see also

Woman's Guide on How to Pee Standing  
Travelmate

Now shut up, feminists.

Anyone want to bet if this was invented/manufactured by males or females?
BM-NByw7VE2PwjfTtsVdeE5ipuqx1AqkEv1

Amber

lol

Feminists are so dumb.

Amber

This is Nancy Friday on Wendy Shalit.

"How interesting that a woman would burst forth with a tract advocating modesty as a lifestyle choice for other women. How predictable that in her wake would follow a legion of conservative male supporters. How absolutely bizarre that Andrea Dworkin would lend her qualified support in a glowing book jacket blurb. I could go on forever, simply puzzling over the phenomenon of this 23-year-old modesty proselytizer and her odd-lot of acolytes. But what I really find outlandish is the fact that this argument is being hailed as anything other than a clarion call for a wholesale return to patriarchy."

These f---ing old feminist hags don't get it.  :roll:

Amber

Here she is.

Go Up