Knife-wielding mother tried to kill husband

Started by blackmanx, Apr 27, 2006, 10:55 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

blackmanx

Knife-wielding mum threatened to husbandApr 26 2006

Paul Maunder, South Wales Echo

A mother of four lunged at her husband with two knives after he sneered at her, a court has heard.

Elizabeth Hamilton, 41, had to be restrained by neighbours when she ran towards her husband Roger.

Mrs Hamilton, from Chatterton Square, Windsor Quay, in Cardiff Bay, appeared in Cardiff Magistrates' Court, where she pleaded guilty to common assault. Meanwhile, Mr Hamilton sat at the back of court to support his wife.

Lynne Bartlett, prosecuting, told the court how the couple had been out drinking in a pub in Butetown before the argument erupted.

A neighbour went with Mrs Hamilton into her home after the distressed 41-year-old told her she hated her husband of 21 years and was going to stab him, the court heard.

Story continues

ADVERTISEMENT

Ms Bartlett said: 'While at their home, the defendant became distressed. She said to her husband 'you're going to die and I'm going to kill you'.

'She took two knives from the kitchen wall. She ran to him holding the two knives. She was restrained by neighbours and the knives taken away.'

Mr Hamilton suffered scratches to his arm during the struggle.

Fazila Aslam, defending, said: 'My client had drunk a lot of alcohol that affected her behaviour but she accepts that this is not an excuse.

'Mr Hamilton believes had he not sneered at his wife, she wouldn't have carried out these actions.'

Ms Aslam said that Mrs Hamilton had been extremely upset after her seven-month-old grandchild was taken into hospital the day before the assault on April 14. Her father had also been taken into hospital three weeks before the attack, the court heard.

Mr Hamilton told the court: 'Me and my wife have a very good relationship and we've brought four children up.

'We do have little rows from time to time, normally over silly things.'

Magistrates gave Mrs Hamilton a 12-month conditional discharge and ordered her to pay £50 court costs.

After so  many  cases,  when  will  police  officers  and  lawmakers  recognize  that  women  can be  as  violent  as  men  and get  away
with the crime  more  often  ?
y book, Men's Rights Activists.

http://www.lulu.com/content/418976

sealion

Is anyone surprised , when this sort of filth is freely sold ?
http://www.angryharry.com/esstabbingmenisfunny.htm

I believe it was reported to the police ,and guess what .....they didn't want to know !!!!!

TheManOnTheStreet

I always laugh when they put things like "a mother of 4" in there.  Like it has some bearing on the case.... NOT!

Headline should simply read; "Women charged in attempted murder of her husband over a 'look'."

TMOTS
The Man On The Street is on the street for a reason.......

sealion

Agreed
Crime is crime , murder is murder . All must be subject to the same law , no matter what their sex , race or religion is !

Go Up