I found the list on the BBC News website. Does the path to happiness require marriage? Are married people happy? Are singles really unhappy?
PATH TO HAPPINESS
1. Genetic propensity to happiness
3. Make friends and value them
4. Desire less
5. Do someone a good turn
6. Have faith (religious or not)
7. Stop comparing your looks with others
8. Earn more money
9. Grow old gracefully
10. Don't worry if you're not a genius
See BBC News article: "Nigeria tops happiness survey"
2 October, 2003http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/3157570.stm
Having a wife as a confidante might help to explain why married men are able to deal with stress better and are therefore less likely to suffer from heart attacks or strokes.
See BBC News article: "Single men risk earlier death"
15 February, 2002http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/1820483.stm