The prosecutor is now the defendant

Started by CaptDMO, May 24, 2006, 08:53 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

CaptDMO

Here

The prosecutor is now the defendant
Tuesday, May. 23, 2006

The domestic violence prosecutor in Strafford County has been arrested on a domestic violence charge.

Portsmouth police charged 27-year-old Vincent Marconi with domestic assault. He is accused of punching his girlfriend in the mouth during an argument over the weekend.

Marconi has resigned from his prosecutor's job.
That's it.
No circumstances, no witnesses, no assumptive commentary, no reports of drugs or alcohol, no history, nothing!
Buried in the back of course.

I'll throw some apparently non-sequiter things out here-
Strafford County has a special domestic violence prosecutor.
He's 27 and single.
He's certainly aware of the finer points of "special" DV law.

I'll throw some wild speculation out here, as I have zero information from the surprisingly sparse reporting for this kind of thing.

Um....
He's going undercover to review the State's response to DV physical assault/battery.
He's investigating  the resultant DV industry system of manditory proscecution, evaluation, reporting, re-education.
He's investigating the courts civil suit process.
It was self defense, from an aspect of assault by the broad definition of domestic violence as origionally suggested by The Duluth Model, and adopted by Womans Legal Associations.
Maybe-  
He's just one of the unstable fuck-ups that can make a career in the relitively new DV industry without the inconvieniance of hard facts, peer review, rules of evidence, burden of proof, trial by jury, assumed innocence, or habias corpus, and he snapped

For consideration of what actions may be appropriate, and where, I'm  setting up a mobius strip with THIS POST by blackmanx.

Go Up