Before today....

Started by AliciaGoMavs, Sep 04, 2003, 04:17 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

AliciaGoMavs

Before today...

... I had never heard of a "car bra".  I didn't know cars had boobs!  What would they nurse anyway?

... I didn't know that you could get summoned for jury duty even if you are deceased.  My grandmother recieved a summons yesterday  ---even though she passed away in 1992.  She might have to serve anyway, because in the column for acceptable exemptions, there is no category for being deceased.
Remove the wooden beam from your eye first; then you will see clearly to remove the splinter from your brother's eye."  --Jesus Christ
NAB Matthew 7:5

AliciaGoMavs

Amazingly, she received her voter's card for years after her death.  I was there when my mother got the death certificate; don't these guys who do these records communicate with each other?
Remove the wooden beam from your eye first; then you will see clearly to remove the splinter from your brother's eye."  --Jesus Christ
NAB Matthew 7:5

SacredNaCl

Pretty much the government agencies don't communicate with each other unless you file a claim for benefits.   Try to draw a claim for SS form the non-living and you will quickly find yourself in the sling.  

As far as SS #'s though. Pay into the system and never file a return, and your odds of having a problem are pretty low.  It's been a boon to illegals and to those "running from the law" for years on end.    In some ways I'm glad all of the different agencies don't yet talk to each other, it gives me some hope should I ever be forced underground.  Unfortuately, homeland security will probably change that and make that impossible as well.
reedom Is Merely Privilege Extended Unless Enjoyed By One & All.

Galt

<<... I didn't know that you could get summoned for jury duty even if you are deceased. My grandmother recieved a summons yesterday ---even though she passed away in 1992. She might have to serve anyway, because in the column for acceptable exemptions, there is no category for being deceased.>>

There was a story on CNN a while ago about a woman's dog, named Lucy, getting a summons to appear for jury duty.  They even had a social security number for Lucy.  She thought it was funny and simply wrote on the summons "Can't appear because she's not human" or something like that and sent it back in, but she eventually got something more serious sent to Lucy threatening jail time for contempt of court.

The people at the court STILL had the opinion that Lucy was a real person and she was making it up with the dog - there was no other way to verify who the dog was, because it didn't have ID papers.  So her next plan was to simply show up at the court with the dog.

Maximus

I believe the dog did get an exemption from serving.

The dog's owner finally checked the "Does Not Speak English" box on the little card.
onor knows no statute of limitations.
  - Mark Twain's Autobiography

Go Up